oh400ex

Tools

Hey all,

I had to semi-retire my IR air impact after it failed to remove a large nut the other day.

Ended up going for a display unit at the big box hardware store and I am really pleased with it.

I ran red tools for work but personally prefer the green/blue one.

Any brand of the 18v tools will outperform most air tools we are used to using and are just so convenient.

Expensive tool but very powerful and very useful.

oh400ex

makita-impact-wrenches-xwt08z-bl1850b-64_1000.jpg

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 4

A new tool found me yesterday at Home Depot , I have Ryobi rechargeable ,  this brush cleaner is water proof , even the battery is inside a water proof compartment , there are three different types of brushes for it , comes with medium wheel , they have soft and firm , think this tool will be useful 

fullsizeoutput_d7e.jpeg

• Like 4

On 11/8/2020 at 7:33 AM, Fishfiles said:

A new tool found me yesterday at Home Depot , I have Ryobi rechargeable ,  this brush cleaner is water proof , even the battery is inside a water proof compartment , there are three different types of brushes for it , comes with medium wheel , they have soft and firm , think this tool will be useful 

fullsizeoutput_d7e.jpeg

I have brushes like that for my cordless drill that I use to clean the carpets in the cars.Bought them from Amazon. 

• Like 2

I use a brush like that to wash the tiles in the shower.  Spray on some "Kaboom", let it soak for a few mins, and then get after it with the brush on my drill.

• Like 1

I made a really good score yesterday at the flea market , $20 bought everything in the pic except the respirator in the box on the left , two Craftsman pullers , the big one is Made in the USA , nit sure what brand  the big score is the 200 plus assortment of fuses and light bulbs and a 1/2 dozen of A/C charging adaptors --- a couple of Crescent wrenches , 4 pair of pliers , test light , assortment of thread chasers , disc brake pad press 

I need to go back over there this morning , he had a 20 foot trailer full of tools and equipment  from a estate sale that he got super cheap and I didn't really have time to look thru all the boxes , all old school tools 

have you'll bought fuses lately , they are expensive 

fullsizeoutput_de1.jpeg

• Like 6

On 11/8/2020 at 7:33 AM, Fishfiles said:

fullsizeoutput_d7e.jpeg

Ah ha!  Christmas gift for the wife mystery solved😳😉

• Haha 2

is this as far as the tool thread go's? i made my own barb wire stretcher, but its not a Honda atv tool? this is an adjustable tool, you can use by yourself, without help.

i had to string some barbwire, an was working alone. so i made a tool, to help me.

y'all probably have a tool., i didnt. i made my own. the ones for sale didnt cover my needs.

i hope ya got your own special tools. trade secrets, more or less.i dont know if its safe to share here, or anywhere for that matter, big brother, the sister, are listening. got their own agenda.

Edited by LedFTed

1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

is this as far as the tool thread go's? i made my own barb wire stretcher, but its not a Honda atv tool? this is an adjustable tool, you can use by yourself, without help.

i had to string some barbwire, an was working alone. so i made a tool, to help me.

y'all probably have a tool., i didnt. i made my own. the ones for sale didnt cover my needs.

i hope ya got your own special tools. trade secrets, more or less.i dont know if its safe to share here, or anywhere for that matter, big brother, the sister, are listening. got their own agenda.

I think it's perfectly fine to share unless you are infringing on someone's patent or you intend to apply for your own patent.  I think it's grand to see what solutions to a problem others have found.  For me it's continuing education.

Someday I'll post pics my bead breaker.  It's Honda special tool # OU812.😉

• Like 1

image.png

This is a cool tool , came in the mail Monday , already made 8 cuts with it , the saw was $109 with the shipping off ebay  , blades were $10 Makitas from Home Depot ---- I can see using this tool a lot 

This is a handy tool also , was $60 off ebay with the shipping, no battery , came with an assortment of attachments 

fullsizeoutput_dde.jpeg

• Like 1

I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but just picked up a cordless impact. My uncle has had one for years, and I've used his before. But anyway I got this Dewalt on sale for $199. Says 700 ft lbs. and 1200 ft lbs of break away? It has 3 speeds low says 100 ft lbs, medium 300, and high 700 ft lbs.

https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-tools/impact-drivers-and-wrenches/20v-max-xr-brushless-high-torque-12-in-impact-wrench-with-detent-pin-anvil-40-ah/dcf899m1

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, m_quick said:

I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but just picked up a cordless impact. My uncle has had one for years, and I've used his before. But anyway I got this Dewalt on sale for $199. Says 700 ft lbs. and 1200 ft lbs of break away? It has 3 speeds low says 100 ft lbs, medium 300, and high 700 ft lbs.

https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-tools/impact-drivers-and-wrenches/20v-max-xr-brushless-high-torque-12-in-impact-wrench-with-detent-pin-anvil-40-ah/dcf899m1

Nice , my buddy is the Dewalt guy , he was over a few weeks ago and showed me his impact like yours , he loves it , he was saying it comes in 3 different  models , he got the $199 like you , he said they is a $299 stronger model  , Dewalt does that on a lot of their tools , different qualities    --- I have a Ryobi and it will take the 10 lug nuts off my 4500 Dodge no problem --- the tire store has a Snap On , that he told me cost him $1,200 for the gun , charger and two batteries , WOW , not me 

I have a ton of Dewalt cordless stuff and it makes working in the woods great. My Skill saw is probably my most valuable to have.  If you plan on doing a lot of work on vehicles, get the Milwaukee stuff. I have a Makita 1/2 impact and it does better than my IR air gun.  I bought it before the Milwaukee stuff hit the market.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 7:57 AM, Fishfiles said:

Nice , my buddy is the Dewalt guy , he was over a few weeks ago and showed me his impact like yours , he loves it , he was saying it comes in 3 different  models , he got the $199 like you , he said they is a $299 stronger model  , Dewalt does that on a lot of their tools , different qualities    --- I have a Ryobi and it will take the 10 lug nuts off my 4500 Dodge no problem --- the tire store has a Snap On , that he told me cost him $1,200 for the gun , charger and two batteries , WOW , not me 

Ask him what # is stronger than the DCF899? It was the strongest one I seen in 1/2" drive, I know they sell them with larger amp batteries than the one i got. And the $199 is a sale price it's regularly like $319.00

I picked up a used 18 volt 1/4" driver and sawzall  for $40 no batteries. I have a few 20 volt batteries so I bought one of the adapters of eBay for like $10. Both work great, and the price was right. I had a old 14.4 volt drill, but burnt the clutch out of it, installing the e-track on my trailer. Wondering if your Dewalt buddy knows if they sell a kit to replace the clutch?

7 minutes ago, m_quick said:

Ask him what # is stronger than the DCF899? It was the strongest one I seen in 1/2" drive, I know they sell them with larger amp batteries than the one i got. And the $199 is a sale price it's regularly like $319.00

I picked up a used 18 volt 1/4" driver and sawzall  for $40 no batteries. I have a few 20 volt batteries so I bought one of the adapters of eBay for like $10. Both work great, and the price was right. I had a old 14.4 volt drill, but burnt the clutch out of it, installing the e-track on my trailer. Wondering if your Dewalt buddy knows if they sell a kit to replace the clutch?

I know in New Orleans there is a Dewalt Repair Center , pretty big place , the will swop you out , your broken one for a reman'ed one