_Wilson_™

missing members

On 8/27/2020 at 10:20 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

glad to see you check in! fire wood season will be up on us soon... 

I have a bunch split up already but need to get splitting again soon.  I have a bunch of dead ash trees that I need to deal with.  

• Like 1

Got my big stack of wood ready and some overnight rounds in my basement.  Just need to cut up a few more overnighters and finish filling the old coal room basement area.  Pretty much all ash wood from my MANY dead ones back in the woods....still in good shape and doesnt need much seasoning....

• Like 2

I'm here, work has been crazy for last few months. Worked on the Big (White) Red build a little. Like Fishfiles said I bought back my old built 300 mud bike and will be working on it soon. Also piecing back together a parts bike 300 4x4, I always said I had enough parts to build another bike and finally took the challenge. Have it almost a rolling chassis.

• Like 4

Its great to hear that y'all are busy! :-)

got too dang hot to be out working on the property much..other than riding the lawn tractor around in circles...most play toy focus has been on the old boat...

and have been enjoying some good lake cruising time for sure.

now that cooler weather is heading in.. I've got some chain sawing to do, winching etc...so my poor neglected Fourtrax will get to come out n play.

one more week down to the coast and some beach time coming up starting this weekend..then I'll get back in the saddle here..just had to do the last days of summer for my grandkids out on the water...

the new 350 in my 22ft boat has been a blast this year...big roar of power...have a parasitic drawing down the battery though...can't quite figure it out yet...dangit...18watt solar charger keeps the battery ok..but take that off for 2 days and I'm down to 10 volts that aren't going to turn the motor over when it's time to go play...so I've had to watch that, and of course I carry a booster pack in the boat..which has been a help a couple times now.

just a frustrating part of having old toys...

Big, do you have a depth finder with a puck style GPS antenna? If so the antenna draws power all the time and needs a switch or plug so you can drop power to it. Those will take a battery down fast.

59 minutes ago, Chevymec said:

Good to see this group checking on members!

yeah we still have a bunch of the old members missing .. i plan on checking the members list before too long .. and ring some door bells .aloutdoors, and blackout... never have joined ... i don't think ??.... plus ol blue glues aka cmanningjr .... he's just a tad south of me in Cullman  Alabama... or used to be ... 

Hey guys! I'm still around. Haven't logged on for awhile but I'll be around more in the coming months. I do send people a link to the manual section... hopefully that has brought in a few new members.

I've been working some crazy hours and fishing nearly all my free time. Now that the weather is cooling off I'll want to start spending more time in the garage. Got the 86 350 project that's been on the back burner since last spring. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DuckOfDeath said:

Hey guys! I'm still around. Haven't logged on for awhile but I'll be around more in the coming months. I do send people a link to the manual section... hopefully that has brought in a few new members.

I've been working some crazy hours and fishing nearly all my free time. Now that the weather is cooling off I'll want to start spending more time in the garage. Got the 86 350 project that's been on the back burner since last spring. 

Good to see you back Duck , better fly low cause duck season just opened up down here , I bet in the next couple of minutes I will be hearing shots like the war of 1812 ----- I  like the " fishing nearly all my free time " comment --- Gramps  use to say something to the affect , "give a man a fish and he will eat , teach a man to fish and he will never go hungry " 

Manny is someone I miss , he saved me quite a few times with both parts and knowledge ---- I need to send him a text today and see if I can get him to stop by and say  " Hello , Hello , Hello " lol 

• Like 1

Yeah I find myself putzing more with crossbows now than atv's... I can do it mostly on my own without arranging physical help, and can do it in smaller chunks and while doing stuff with the kiddos. 

Though I can't touch @retroin the crossbow realm either just like I can't with atv electrical stuff. I focus more on having my hunting setup and he's really got the long range target stuff dialed. Spent 13 years owning an Excalibur crossbow but spent the first 12 of those years not thinking about all the tweaking and customizing you can do to them. Now I'm hooked, working on building a Micro from spare parts even. 

• Like 3

Hope your season got off to a fun start last weekend @wheelsquad! I am still scouting a bunch, got a real late start and after a couple locals found my two best spots I been scramblin' to find another two, but gonna finally place my stands this weekend. Our deer opener is Oct 1st.

We have a fellah from Minnesota & a fellah from Wisconsin in Bear camp this year... got 4 bait stands with cams gettin' hit every day... season opens on Friday for them. Hope you can join us sometime!

• Like 2

Hi Wheelsquad , glad to see you back around , stick around awhile -----I seen that awesome   cheek rest you built for Retro's crossbow  , I was meaning to ask how did you do that , 3-D printer or carved from wood ??  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, retro said:

Hope your season got off to a fun start last weekend @wheelsquad! I am still scouting a bunch, got a real late start and after a couple locals found my two best spots I been scramblin' to find another two, but gonna finally place my stands this weekend. Our deer opener is Oct 1st.

We have a fellah from Minnesota & a fellah from Wisconsin in Bear camp this year... got 4 bait stands with cams gettin' hit every day... season opens on Friday for them. Hope you can join us sometime!

It's been a slow start to the season here, but hopefully that changes when it finally cools down next week. A new place I get to hunt this year is loosely "earn-a-buck", and then we have another place with too many deer, so hoping to shoot a couple mamas and will probably just give em away or donate them. We'll fill our own freezer with deer in November. 

A bear hunting trip like that would be a lot of fun, and hopefully can be in the cards for me someday. 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Hi Wheelsquad , glad to see you back around , stick around awhile -----I seen that awesome   cheek rest you built for Retro's crossbow  , I was meaning to ask how did you do that , 3-D printer or carved from wood ??  

It's 3D printed. I don't have my own 3D printer, but found a place that does printing for very reasonable rates. Once I made one for my Dad who uses an HHA Optimizer Speed Dial, I knew I had to make these available for others, but didn't really want to deal with taking orders and payments and shipping long term. So I worked out all the bugs and thankfully found a guy wanting to take it over, so they are still available to any Excal owner who wants them. 

• Like 3

i have to apologize to the forum member for being away for so long, issues I'm dealing with have taken over my life, that I'm having placed on my plate, I'm fine, but.... perscription pills (opioids) have taken control of my (so called mom, who i don't claim as family, nor do my sisters or there kids ) but sence i have no kids and a big house, i have taken this mess on myself, for the members who have talked to me about this, i thank you, and just wanted to say, I'm still around, but i have no idea how much longer this cluster f--k is going to last. 

i hope all of you are doing well, and I'll be more active in the forums. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

It's good to see you back Wilson!

• Like 1

Hey wilson sure glad you made a post to let the gang know you are ok.  We haven't sent texts back and forth for a few days so good to hear from you.  Stay in touch my friend.......

• Like 1

Glad you are still around. Hope the situation doesn't get the best of you.

• Like 1