oh400ex

Scammer on eBay | motogearforyou

eBay seller MOTOGEARFORYOU is a scammer.

They will change their name but if you don't get lazy like I did you can avoid this situation.

Always go to the recent reviews for a seller you are evaluating and check for negatives in the past month.

I did not do this for this seller because I was in a hurry and paid the price. There were plenty from the past few months.

It was a seat cover and I was sent the wrong one.

Been on eBay for over 10 years and have made thousands of purchases across multiple accounts for personal and business and this is my first time not being able to resolve a situation.

Never buy from MOTOGEARFORYOU on eBay. They are an "Arizona based textile company" so look out for a company fitting that bill.

https://www.ebay.com/str/motogearforyou

I go to the fabric store and buy marine vinyl  , cost me about $5 to cover a 300 seat 

• Like 2

been on ebay for yrs, not many times have i been taken for a ride ?, but i will tell you..i have had to resolve a couple issues. tip: if you get ripped off ?, file a complaint with paypal, if you do not get your money back from the seller ?, paypal will make it right with you, then they go after the seller.

• Like 2

been there once .... i did just that.^^^^... man did i get choice worded  messages from the seller.... those also went to ebay.... that store is now closed! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

been there once .... i did just that.^^^^... man did i get choice worded  messages from the seller.... those also went to ebay.... that store is now closed! 

34 minutes ago, shadetree said:

been on ebay for yrs, not many times have i been taken for a ride ?, but i will tell you..i have had to resolve a couple issues. tip: if you get ripped off ?, file a complaint with paypal, if you do not get your money back from the seller ?, paypal will make it right with you, then they go after the seller.

Best believe I'm getting my $25 back on principal. 😁

It's going to cost me more than double in time spent dealing with it but happy to do it.

Paypal is great as a buyer but I'm not a fan of the seller side of things. Had some money held arbitrarily on a business transaction.

• Like 1

I quit selling on ebay.  Fees have gotten outrageous, and as you said, ZERO protection for the seller.    I still buy there, and if it's someone I know is good/ trustworthy, and I manage to get their "off ebay" information I deal with them directly to save them the ebay fees.

I'm still protected by my credit card company if they try to screw me.

• Like 3

I’ve only been hosed once on EBay. Always buyer beware. Been hosed by Charlie Long too.. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wheeler said:

Been hosed by Charlie Long too.. 

Dick's Cycles / Charlie Long  , I had forgotten that name for a while for good reason  -----   you , me and  " quite " a few others that I know  and some I don't know from what I hear >  got hosed , LOL ---- what bums me out on that one is we were pretty close ,  we lived 2 miles apart , him and Amanda came over and rode with us 

• Like 1

you might ask him why then.... personaly i wouldn't let him set foot on my property ... lol ... jeep i went to be a seller on ebay and was given a notice .... I couldn't unless i used a credit card on my account ((i have too have fraud  pertection, and a limit on my cards)  . that's when i gave up on trying and went via paypal buying only... and i have a spotless buyers rating!! 8 years running... thank goodness i don't need anything right now  (no rare honda items) they've gotten very strict on people ... even those with a good standing history!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LedFTed said:

is PayPal still trust worthy?

Never had issue there yet..

• Like 3

yea.... IMO it is .... I've just been burnt once ... it was a $10 purchase ...  just check the rating of the seller ... and also how many items they've sold .. and ... reaction from the buyers ... 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

i use paypal a lot, no problems with them at all.

• Like 4

nope.... never had an issue with paypal...  as a rule of thumb... i would be carefull about linking a credit card / debit card from a main bank account .. also limit as to how much money you have in your paypal account, and check it often!!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

nope.... never had an issue with paypal...  as a rule of thumb... i would be carefull about linking a credit card / debit card from a main bank account .. also limit as to how much money you have in your paypal account, and check it often!!! 

my paypal is linked to my bank account, and i've done bizz with paypal for many moons buying from ebay, never have had a problem. maybe paypal dont like you wilson ??..lol.

• Like 2

no no.... i said main acccount. 

i have a bank account linked ... but ... i don't have very much money in THAT  account ... .hey! at least you speek the truth about me lol!   alot of people don't like me boohoo ... lol! it's no skin off my nose :-) 

I try not to use debit or use a bank account, perfer using a credit card.  If I get scammed it would be on the credit card, not on all my bank accounts, life savings (not much there, lol) etc., all gone, broke and up that creek, would rather let Mastercard deal with it.  

• Like 3

yeah... i agree,  my sister got scammed  last month .... didnt have any fraud pertection .... nor did she check the back ground rating, or historty of the ebay seller ... $100 for some sort of projector machine for art ... ... i think i have finally have her convendenced of using paypal... 

6 hours ago, LedFTed said:

Always has been very good on the buyer side of things.

The issue for me is when you are a seller and you get a large amount of money in your account and want to withdraw it.

Our business funds were frozen for over 3 months while Paypal did nothing and ultimately never gave a reason.

I found out later that it is a super common issue but again it is only trouble on the seller's side.

I ended up going with this company for the replacement seat cover.

https://www.ebay.com/str/joemama1931

My package went from Piggott, AR to Memphis, TN and back to AR. Typical FedEX 😄

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1

I have an account linked to my paypal that has very little money in it at any given time.

I ALWAYS use a credit card.  If Paypal tries to hose me, I can file a claim with the credit card company.

That's for buying though.

I quit selling after I sold a Warn winch remote (old 8274 upright winch) and the buyer said it didn't work.  Then I had to wait and hope that I actually got it back, and not a "brick in a box" which apparently is quite common these days.  I ate shipping both ways, remote worked fine, buyer probably found one cheaper somewhere else and decided to make me shell out $30 in shipping back and forth.

So I'm done selling on ebay.

• Like 2

The only problem I have had with PayPal is trying to get my money out of PayPal after someone put money in to the account , that takes an act of congress  

My package went from Piggott, AR to Memphis, TN and back to AR. Typical FedEX

i always hated when my shipments came shipped by FedEx ..... united parcel service was always on time ... but with what's going on.... it's not like that any longer .... but there still hands down more reliable ... then FedEx ...  

• Like 1

eBay...

How many of you know that sellers have multiple accounts and "competing" listings?

Perfect example for you below to look over. Copy and pasted directly from eBay.

Notice how the seller name (redacted by me as individuals are not relevant) is different but the feedback is exactly the same?

Multiple uses below of ...

"Good buyer, prompt payment, valued customer, highly recommended."

"Thank you for an easy, pleasant transaction. Excellent buyer. A++++++."

"Quick response and fast payment. Perfect! THANKS!!"

and more...

The transactions are sometimes months apart but the same feedback and different sellers.

The best/worst part is that it doesn't actually even mean anything. Good sellers do this kind of thing too. Competing in the environment that eBay creates...

If some of you wonder why people complain about being sellers on eBay... this kind of thing is a good example of that.

Thank you for reading

FEEDBACK FROM WHEN

Correspondence was high-standard. Thanks. First-rate payment
JT Chain/Sprocket Kit 14-46 Tooth 420 Pitch 71-7518 For Honda CRF80F XR80R 
Seller: j****
US $37.71
Past month

Thank you for choosing F******* for your hardware needs. Excellent buyer!
93pcs PLASTICS BOLT KIT HONDA CR 80 85 125 250 450 480 500 FENDERS SEAT BODYWORK 
Seller: f*****
US $12.99
Past month

Hope to deal with you again. Thank you.
Honda ATC350X, 1985-1986, FULL Gasket Set Kit - ATC 350X 
Seller: s******
US $34.99
Past month

Great communication. A pleasure to do business with.
(Private listing)
Seller: x******
Past month

Good buyer, prompt payment, valued customer, highly recommended.
New Carburetor Honda XR80R XR 80 R 1985-2003 Carb. USA SELLER!! 
Seller: l*******
US $22.50
Past 6 months

Thank you for an easy, pleasant transaction. Excellent buyer. A++++++.
Arctic Cat Seat Cover 400 500 650 700 750 1000 2005-2009 in BLACK or 25 Colors
Seller: j******
US $29.95
Past 6 months

BLACK ATV HAND GRIPS FOR ATV,S WITH THUMB THROTTLE ARCTIC CAT / BOMBARDIER 
Seller: m******
US $17.99
Past 6 months

A great customer! Super fast payment! AAAAAAAAAA++++++++ Thanks!
Tenergy 9.6V 1600mAh Butterfly NiMH Airsoft Battery Pack+8.4V-9.6V Smart Charger 
Seller: t*********
US $38.45
Past 6 months

Carburetor For Kawasaki KL250 KLR250 1985-2005 15001-1121 Carb 
Seller: m********
US $42.47
Past 6 months

100% thank you for your business!
Fuel Valve Petcock For Kawasaki KLR250 KLR600 KLR650 KLR 250 600 650 Motorcycle
Seller: b*********
US $9.95
Past 6 months

Quick response and fast payment. Perfect! THANKS!!
ARCTIC CAT 06-07 650 H1 Prowler Uni Air Filter
Seller: b**********
US $23.45
Past 6 months

Kawasaki KL250 / KLR 250, 1985-2004, Uni-Filter Air Filter - NU-2384ST 
Seller: s********
US $12.44
Past 6 months

(Private listing)
Seller: l********
Past 6 months

Tune up Kit NGK Spark Plug + Oil Filter Kawasaki KL250 KLR250 KL KLR 250 D
Seller: d*********
US $10.99
Past 6 months

(Private listing)
Seller: e********
Past 6 months

(Private listing)
Seller: q*********
Past 6 months

(Private listing)
Seller: j**********
US $19.95
Past 6 months

YTX9-BS High Performance - Maintenance Free - Sealed AGM Motorcycle Battery 
Seller: z**********
US $32.90
Past 6 months

HONDA TRX 250X, 300EX, 300X, 400EX, GAS TANK FUEL LINE HOSE TUBE "S" SHAPE 
Seller: a**********
US $11.99
Past 6 months

Hope to deal with you again. Thank you.
(Private listing)
Seller: w*********
Past 6 months

5 Star Customer! Fast Payment and Great Communication! Thanks Again!!
(Private listing)
Seller: c***********
Past 6 months