flatcroaker

just another new guy

1990 300 honda 4 x 4  owned it for 20 plus years go it from lil old lady that only drove it on sundays after church to check cows w/her son. no joke. the thing was mint as the lady was in her 60s and a widow. tires , starter, battery only problems i have had and it is a work horse. tosses rocks the size of a normal mans head like they are pebbles. pulling loaded trailer up a hill w/snow and ice on ground few years back w/new swamp tires tossed rock over trailer w/wood on. i was impressed.. anyway 61 y.o. now wife and 4 kids all grown up and 10 grand kids. honda knock offs for the grand kids. taught 1 out of ten how to fix em when they tear up so i can just sit and watch. lil guy is only 9 and knows what size wrench top get before i do. thats enough intro i guess . thanks for having me on your forum . hope i wont be to much of a bother. conrad.

Edited by flatcroaker
insert 4 x 4
  • Like 6

Welcome to the forum , nice story about the little old lady on Sundays , LOL  ----- I am right there with you in age 

• Like 1

I'm impressed with the little  old... lady still ranching / farming ...  congrats on a good score with the bike ... be sure to post us some pics.

wilson wished i had before i owned it pics but no. ive had it floating in the creek upside down recently so needless to say it was used and sometimes abused by the present owner and his wife who actually dipped it in creek a few weeks back. water was up over low water bridge so much took three hours for water to go down so i could find the rear tire sticking out so i could go in after it that was a night i wont soon forget wow. ambulance,county cops, highway patrol and fire were all there . after i had already got my wife out who was hanging on by a small limb for dear life. she almost would not let go of that lil tree so i could pull her out of the water. ended all was well cept my wheeler. mad me a lil bit sick . piece of me was left in the creek that evening. but few oil changes later lots of w-d 40 to switches and gen and p.u. coil and shes good as old.can be. used heat gun to dry out p.u. coil and stator . guess what the n. light was on when she surfaced for the first time i was amazed it didnt blow fuse or nothing.

• Like 2

wow,  well you saved them both ... i can say this... your going to fit right in with this group.... i myself have had dealings with flooding issues / rescues ... see your not listed on the memebers map.... so, might ask ... where abouts (state) do you call home ? .... I'll stop.. now sense this is the welcome thread. because ... more will be along to welcome you to the forums ... :-) 

Welcome flat, no many of us are older than you!!  Sounds like you have some stories to tell, you should be fun to have around....

• Like 1