Dude22573

Greetings

Hello all! I am from Missouri and I am on a mission. Just purchased a 2012 trx400 that has been sitting for a couple years. It does not run well and I am looking for a service manual for repairs. Figured I would start by reading up on the manual but I am sure I will have more questions along the way.

• Like 1

Welcome to the site! lots of awesome people with tons of knowledge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome again , was thinking since you mentioned you are going to do repairs and  getting it running after sitting up , the best place to start you a thread might be under Custom Builds + Restorations , we also have a Sport ATV Section broken down into three sub sections ,where you want ,  it will get read where every you start a thread , give the year and model of what your working on and your problems and thoughts , pics of what you are working on are nice 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard! Bring on the sport quads guys!

I can send you a pdf of the manual or you can check out or manual section here on the forum. I am sure it is in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So i stand corrected. The newer than 09 is not in the manuals section. And i have an 05 so i have the 05-09. But there will be very few differences in the 10+ years. It was just plastic design and gas tank. All the mechanical stuff is 100% identical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome, we dont have as many sport members as utility, so glad you are here to add to the group.  Trust me there will be help for you when you need it....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2020 at 3:20 PM, SlammedRanger said:

Welcome aboard! Bring on the sport quads guys!

I can send you a pdf of the manual or you can check out or manual section here on the forum. I am sure it is in there.

I found the pdf for the 05-09. I cleaned the carb this weekend and I think that is all the quad needed. Thanks for the reply! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the atvhonda Forum!

Look forward to hearing how your new quad cleans up, post a few pics when you can

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Dude22573 said:

I found the pdf for the 05-09. I cleaned the carb this weekend and I think that is all the quad needed. Thanks for the reply! 

Glad you got it figured out. Stick around.     If it were me.  I would likely dump the fuel tank. Have a look inside and clean out if nessecary.  To reintroduce crud right back into a just cleaned carb is a bummer.  I put a double shot glass of Sea Foam in every non-ethanol tank of fuel.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Fishfiles said:

Stick around. If it were me... I would likely dump the fuel tank. Have a look inside and clean out if necessary.  To reintroduce crud right back into a just cleaned carb is a bummer.

This is great advice!

I would add that an in-line fuel filter would not be a bad addition. Need a high flow one though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Glad you got it figured out. Stick around.     If it were me.  I would likely dump the fuel tank. Have a look inside and clean out if nessecary.  To reintroduce crud right back into a just cleaned carb is a bummer.  I put a double shot glass of Sea Foam in every non-ethanol tank of fuel.  

First thing I did was dump and clean the tank. Gas was pretty yellow... I will always run sea foam in my engine’s, I love the stuff. Thank you for the pointers for sure! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oh400ex said:

This is great advice!

I would add that an in-line fuel filter would not be a bad addition. Need a high flow one though.

Do you run a filter? Im not sure there is enough room for one between the tank and carb.

50 minutes ago, Dude22573 said:

Do you run a filter? Im not sure there is enough room for one between the tank and carb.

I do but there is a bit of a story on that...

My on/reserve has been disabled in favor of a large in-tank screen/filter. It's a good solution but I'm not recommending it.

The only in-line filter that you can actually use easily on the 400ex has a 90 bend on the end as it needs to replace the "S" shaped gas line.

• Thanks 1