87Iroc

Barn Sale: Name those ATVs...

image.png

Middle one looks like a Yamaha of some sort. Anyone have any guesses on what they are?

Left one looks China Tao Tao maybe.

The one on the right is an old 87 king quad I think, thats the only one I'd want...

• Like 1

Friend inquired. They said 500 needs front shaft and carb work

Friend is looking at it now I guess. He said its a 250 Suzuki. Middle one is a polaris. They want 500 for one on right. 600 for Polaris in middle. This farm/sale is like at the end of his road...so short drive.

I can identify them.  From right to left.  Worn out Junk. Really bad junk from the get go .  Total trash.  Lol 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, 87Iroc said:

Lol.  Friend may end up with Suzuki 

you should advise him to pass... on it, and get a honda! 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

this is another test huh ?, you ask us what we think or advise you to do, then you turn right around and buy china crap anyway.....right ??. ( sigh ).

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, shadetree said:

this is another test huh ?, you ask us what we think or advise you to do, then you turn right around and buy china crap anyway.....right ??. ( sigh ).

He did say it was his buddy. 😂

I think this may be a "lead a horse to water" sort of deal for Iroc

The Suzuki was likely made in Japan and is in a totally different league compared to the Tao and Polaris.
That being said... look how trashed it is. If he's going to get something like that, get a Honda. 

Not only are parts cheaper and more available but he will likely need less of them. 😁

• Like 1

The Suzuki would be the only one I'd want as a project, and it would have to be a LOT cheaper than $500.  Maybe $100-150 tops

• Like 1

I'm not sure what he's going to end up doing. Its not for me. I did find 2 300's within driving distance last night for less than a grand...but I have to wait for another few months until the last Honda I fixed up dies from my wife's brain.

13 minutes ago, shadetree said:

Nah....

He did have a 3 point finish mower I thought about picking up for cheap and converting it to a pull behind...but he wanted gold for it so I didn't even drive over.

Dunno...and i suspect unless he talked him way down he won't tell me.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, 87Iroc said:

I'm not sure what he's going to end up doing. Its not for me. I did find 2 300's within driving distance last night for less than a grand...but I have to wait for another few months until the last Honda I fixed up dies from my wife's brain.

in the mean time .... can you post us some pics ? .. she doesn't need to know about that.. 

58 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

in the mean time .... can you post us some pics ? .. she doesn't need to know about that.. 

i can.  One was around Lexington somewhere. 

image.png

More from same barn sale...

Gonna go down tomorrow and look at them...guessing anythign 300 or bigger might be worth thinking about for the right price? Has no idea the years, but said he knows there's a 250 and a 350 in the mix. Guess there are parts of 5 old Honda's there.

Edited by 87Iroc