_Wilson_™

Labor Day weekend

Yes last holiday until kids go back to school, at least some places.  I have one grand kid already back in school, 1st grade, and one starts next Tuesday forced to do virtual and not happy about it, 7th grade..

• Like 4

hope you all had a safe enjoyable Labor Day / weekend, i didn't get into much, just some outside chores, and grilled out a couple days... maybe steaks today ? 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 3

I got a 300 stripped down Saturday morning that I am going to do a rebuild on.  Thank the engine is OK, but front and rear ends were both gone and the frame had been welded on so going to piece it back together with another 300 parts bike.

Spent Saturday afternoon cleaning up around the outside of the house.

Took a ride yesterday after church, Plan on working on that 300 again while the little one naps this afternoon.

• Like 2

Have started hauling and splitting firewood up from the woods, had some cut back there last spring.  Then tossing it in my basement, won't be too long before a night burn....

• Like 3

Got engine and rear end installed in frame of this 300.

Think the front diff might need a little work.....

5CFC374E-0077-4EA7-9DAA-E57198246CD8.jpeg

• Like 3

sorry for the late reply guys...was off busy having fun (grin)....old college buddy and his wife were up to stay with us over the weekend..  The wife suggested us boys go ride the hondas for a bit and he got this big grin on his face...so I went out and opened the garage..told him to give me a minute and I'd pull the 300 around for him...I hadn't started my old CT90 in about a month, so figured i might need a minute..anyway..he was anxious..he followed me out and hopped on the old blue beast...so i handed him the keys, refreshed his knowledge on operation and off he ran...leaving me behind at the garage... I chuckled to myself and quietly encouraged my lil red wonder that she needed to fire up so we could go catch up with him and keep him out of trouble...took a half dozen kicks but she came to life and off we ran...I tend to not ride that ol bike that often and then my mind wanders to thoughts of selling it..then I do hop on it and remember how fun that small underpowered lil wonder can be....guess I should keep it til I'm too old to kick start it

• Like 4

I never posted anything about the holidays , lots of fun and drinking , my son in law got granddaughter (9) a Yamaha 90 Raptor and they came over with it Monday , she rode it a lot , and we all went parading around the neighborhood with 4 wheelers and golf cart , I don't have any pics , sure the wife does 

• Like 2

Nothing exciting for me took a 4-wheeler ride went check cameras seen 2 black bears in the woods that's about it.

• Like 2

Little one and wife were both sick all weekend.  I managed to get the rebuilt engine swapped into my 09 Foreman, still getting the little stuff put back on, but it runs and sounds good.  Has a 15% primary reduction in it this time.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Little one and wife were both sick all weekend.  I managed to get the rebuilt engine swapped into my 09 Foreman, still getting the little stuff put back on, but it runs and sounds good.  Has a 15% primary reduction in it this time.

My memory is fading , Brain Fog   ----   so 15% is a  300 direct drop in ?  I have one in my 2002 450  and forgot what I used , think it is  actually  a 14.5% reduction when you crunch the numbers ----   my 2000 450 is 34.5% reduction , seem to remember it is a fabricated primary by Reduction Boss and I drilled the rivets of the clutch basket and tapped the holes for a 300 EX  basket ring gear 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

My memory is fading , Brain Fog   ----   so 15% is a  300 direct drop in ?  I have one in my 2002 450  and forgot what I used , think it is  actually  a 14.5% reduction when you crunch the numbers ----   my 2000 450 is 34.5% reduction , seem to remember it is a fabricated primary by Reduction Boss and I drilled the rivets of the clutch basket and tapped the holes for a 300 EX  basket ring gear 

On the 400/450 the 300 gear/basket is a drop in 14.5%.  The 500 is different, had to get Chris Clark to make me this one.  Not sure what gear he used, but he primary is welded, so wasn't a drop in primary gear.

He did a 15% secondary for me too for my 06 (which I've been running for awhile now).

He said he doesn't want to do anymore 500 GR's, LOL.  Apparently they were a PITA.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 9:18 AM, bcsman said:

Yes last holiday until kids go back to school, at least some places.  I have one grand kid already back in school, 1st grade, and one starts next Tuesday forced to do virtual and not happy about it, 7th grade..

a virtual education, sounds like an almost education. i got to think about this sum. if ya had virtual teachers, in school, an most do at one point or another, it does mean they are not there, dont it.

i could never ask the teacher on tv math as question, nor tv english. good classes to take a snooze though. 150 students in a room, only teachers on tv. when you are young, ya need someone to teach how to think, not what to think., makes a difference.

• Like 3

Our labor day was good but the crud has been running through our house. Got 2 boys home today because of fevers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1