shadetree

My truck gets a face lift !

Hey outlaws, i installed new mirrors, new head lights, turn signals, and brand new grille installed just now, and finished her off with a new bow tie !.

IMG_1261.JPG

IMG_1255 (1).JPG

IMG_1256 (1).JPG

• Like 9

I had the trailer behind me and jack knifed it , bent the quarter panel and broke the tail light , ordered  two lights , came with the  6 bulbs and free shipping was $49.99 from Car Parts Wholesale , did a quicie to pop the panel out enough to get the light in to drive tonight , it's date night tonight , I can't smoke in her ride  

8pO+mp3NRa23n+5G7Mvniw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_d2d.jpeg

yxtLLY74Qb2CzxNm5pzwZg.jpg

Me360IBfSwCtGVjsJSy88w.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wheeler said:

Did u get all the parts from LMC?

looks good!

got the lights from carparts.com, bow tie from a1 auto, and grille from my local dealership where i bought the truck 20 yrs ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

looks nice and fresh shade ... just needs a fresh front tag. 

yeah, i'm on the hunt for another confederate flag plate..lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Looks like your dent is gone too!

had all the damage on hood fixed and painted, 450 cash deal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I had the trailer behind me and jack knifed it , bent the quarter panel and broke the tail light , ordered  two lights , came with the  6 bulbs and free shipping was $49.99 from Car Parts Wholesale , did a quicie to pop the panel out enough to get the light in to drive tonight , it's date night tonight , I can't smoke in her ride  

8pO+mp3NRa23n+5G7Mvniw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_d2d.jpeg

yxtLLY74Qb2CzxNm5pzwZg.jpg

Me360IBfSwCtGVjsJSy88w.jpg

lights look good !, just need that paint and body work done.

• Like 1

Never know what you might find at the flea market.  I scored.  Might have even been a double barrel. 

EC9859C1-0AC1-47BD-9D35-C7F819AE34F4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I found a home for my parking sign -----   Some kind of way I wound with two ----- are people from Arkansas considered Rednecks too , trying to think who might have use for something like this ??? 

fullsizeoutput_d31.jpeg

lzU0rJsqSt+1a01ZSm3Tlg.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

We are rednecks and use another name for y'all down in Louisiana... 😅

I know the word you are talking about , in fact I am proud to say I am one of them and I like to think I got some Redneck in me too , spent a lot of time in the Great State of Mississippi  >>>>  need to bring it up to Retro that , that "word"  is not post-able here , maybe cause  the word is a hyphenated word which  contains a banded word , seems maybe when the two words are joined it could  be allowed , shoot that's my heritage  , LOL 

• Haha 1

LOL.  What he said! 

When I was growing up I thought of "redneck" as a derogatory term. 

As I got older, I started using Redneck as a euphemism for "good country folk" and "white trash" because the derogatory term dejour

But we certainly use it up here, and my wife calls me that all the time (looking at my piles of broken down machines)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

When I was growing up I thought of "redneck" as a derogatory term. 

As I got older, I started using Redneck as a euphemism for "good country folk" and "white trash" because the derogatory term dejour

This is so perfectly said for my experience as well.

The other word for people from Louisiana is not derogatory to me either even though some people use it that way. Term of endearment here.

Perfectly fine being called a redneck depending on who says it and the context 🤣

• Like 1

I have a buddy born and raised in New Orleans ,  he moved to Mississippi about 30 years ago ,  well the nickname I dubbed him with is Redneck , and all our buddies followed suit , that is all every one ever calls him , " Where's Redneck at , talk to Redneck lately , Redneck coming this weekend " , I call him Red for short sometimes ,  it is amazing how he changed , he looks and sounds like he was born and raised in Mississippi , he speaks better Redneck than people that lived there their entire life , be careful it is contagious hanging out with Rednecks  , LOL 

• Haha 2

Wanna Be a Redneck , LOL ---I am hearing that song in my head " I want to be a Cowboy " with the words changed around , need to call Weird Al Yankovich and get him to do a parody 

Our group were always called the rednecks,  but then our town was pretty country. Whip antennas,  cb radios, trucks..  We had a few areas that were" questionable " about who went in . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chevymec said:

Our group were always called the rednecks,  but then our town was pretty country. Whip antennas,  cb radios, trucks..  We had a few areas that were" questionable " about who went in . 

I have had 8 ft whips and cb radios in my Ford trucks with the gun rack in the back window , can I qualify to be in you'll's group , really a coon-a$$ , but a redneck at heart , maybe I am a red-a$$ or a coon-neck  

• Haha 3

We didn't shun anyone away as long as the didn't get us in trouble. It was hard enough keeping a spot in town to do our hanging out. Was always fun to kick my Boomer 400 on high and open up the doors at the grocery stores hahaha!

41 minutes ago, Chevymec said:

We didn't shun anyone away as long as the didn't get us in trouble. It was hard enough keeping a spot in town to do our hanging out. Was always fun to kick my Boomer 400 on high and open up the doors at the grocery stores hahaha!

boomer  400 ? i used a texes star 667 variable amp ...matched with a galaxy 99v.. and a wilson 500 base load.. i got in trouble plenty on times with setup..bleeding over store coms .. we even used to place fast food orders via the cb lol! . i tried the 102 ... never could get the standing  wave ratio low enough ... for my likes ... we had about 40 members ....  but it's died out here now ... ham radio has taken over .. which is also not as regulated as it should be due to cheep high power handy talkies... anyways ... did t mean to high jack the thread .... shade the truck looks great! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™