oh400ex

Custom Build | 350x ATV

Well the 350 engine officially made it to the healing bench.

For anyone who is afraid to split cases on an old bike of unknown origin... this is why you do it.

On closer inspection she might have a few marks on her.

@texas123 This kind of thing is why I suggested to change the oil a bunch of times right away.

Someone might have put some peanut butter in your case too 😂

20200911_182646.jpg

20200911_182942.jpg

20200911_182903.jpg

Edited by oh400ex

On 9/11/2020 at 7:30 PM, oh400ex said:

Well the 350 engine officially made it to the healing bench.

For anyone who is afraid to split cases on an old bike of unknown origin... this is why you do it.

On closer inspection she might have a few marks on her.

@texas123 This kind of thing is why I suggested to change the oil a bunch of times right away.

Someone might have put some peanut butter in your case too 😂

20200911_182646.jpg

20200911_182942.jpg

20200911_182903.jpg

It's chunky peanut butter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well old engine problems...

Got a stripped screw on the pulse generator causing me some headache.

Have an impact screwdriver... not sure what the actual name is but it failed.

The Philips head was almost gone when I stared and just didn't have enough bite to do it.

Going to have to find my easy-out kit and go that route most likely. Haven't used it in forever.

Also found a "long-screw in the short-hole" deal on the rocker cover and need to have that TIG welded... 😒

JB is a tempting option but never inside an engine for me. I know it would work but i'm just not going that route.

Parts washer is working really well (even on my hands) 😂

Really been missing not having it and has done a great job so far.

Have not added heater yet but did throw in half a quart of ATF because what else was I going to do with it? lol

20200915_193443.jpg

20200915_193520.jpg

• Like 1

Yep , it does leave your hands and wrist  with a tingling feeling ---  I got a pair of high gloves , but it is harder with gloves 

I cut a new thicker shelf as that one that comes with it bends , added a filter , replaced that flexible tube with a hose and added a flow thru brush 

JlFrtQ8PTWuEFF1bSrcHYw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_c6b.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Yep , it does leave your hands and wrist  with a tingling feeling ---  I got a pair of high gloves , but it is harder with gloves 

I cut a new thicker shelf as that one that comes with it bends , added a filter , replaced that flexible tube with a hose and added a flow thru brush 

JlFrtQ8PTWuEFF1bSrcHYw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_c6b.jpeg

How much does a parts washer such as this run a feller? I'd be tickled to have one.

3 hours ago, sled_22 said:

How much does a parts washer such as this run a feller? I'd be tickled to have one.

Harbor freight. I got mine for $99.  

17 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Harbor freight. I got mine for $99.  

That's cheap. For $200 you can have a nice set up. If i can find another rebuild sometime soon i might invest.

• Like 1

when i bought my parts washer from harbor freight, back then, it too was around 100 bucks, with a coupon, it saved a few more bucks, count on taxes and all still around 100 bucks. i've had mine for about 5-6 yrs now ?, still going so far !. 

• Like 1

A bit of progress.

Got the stripped bolt out of the pulse generator. Took the left hand drill bit and "easy-out" to get. 

20201004_153104.jpg

20201004_153014.jpg

14 hours ago, oh400ex said:

Think my flywheel puller will work? lol

20201004_153227.jpg

i think your making a huge mistake with this flywheel puller !..those threads on that ball are standard, you need metric threads !.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, oh400ex said:

A bit of progress.

Got the stripped bolt out of the pulse generator. Took the left hand drill bit and "easy-out" to get. 

20201004_153104.jpg

20201004_153014.jpg

some how i missed this ^^ ?, but in the future, when they round out like this ^^ ?, stab a torx bit down in there !.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i think your making a huge mistake with this flywheel puller !..those threads on that ball are standard, you need metric threads !.

Don't worry I was only joking. I know you can't tell through the internet but idk how that would have worked anyway 😂

Need something for impact to turn lol I just threaded it in there for the picture because it looked like it would fit

43 minutes ago, shadetree said:

some how i missed this ^^ ?, but in the future, when they round out like this ^^ ?, stab a torx bit down in there !.

Tried and failed. Probably didn't use the right size. Good trick though. 

2 hours ago, oh400ex said:

Don't worry I was only joking. I know you can't tell through the internet but idk how that would have worked anyway 😂

Need something for impact to turn lol I just threaded it in there for the picture because it looked like it would fit

i know it works on stripped out allen head bolts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oh400ex said:

i went to a local nut & bolt place near me, bought a large , fine thread bolt that screws into most all flywheel's. i don't have the measurements of the bolt right off hand ?, but i do know its fine thread/metric.

21 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i went to a local nut & bolt place near me, bought a large , fine thread bolt that screws into most all flywheel's. i don't have the measurements of the bolt right off hand ?, but i do know its fine thread/metric.

Exactly!

I planned on taking the ball with me to the hardware store and finding a metric nut this will thread into then the corresponding metric threaded bolt.

Roundabout but I'll get there lol