SlammedRanger

Meadowlark MX amherst ohio 9/5/20

Finally got a chance to get the quad on a track. Only got a few short clips. Ran really well. Pulled real hard. I am out of shape bad lol.

• Like 6

Cool track!

That bike went for it and the end of the second clip lol

I would love to run that track!

53 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

Cool track!

That bike went for it and the end of the second clip lol

I would love to run that track!

Yeah sadly its a MX club. They only have a handfull of open practices per year. And its 90% dirtbikes. So the ruts and braking bumps coming into corners were pretty crazy. I was just happy i wasnt in peoples way out there. I was able to hold pace for a very short time atleast lol. And i was the smallest displacement quad there.

• Like 4

A week of practice on that track and you'd be runnin' over them. :-)

15 minutes ago, retro said:

A week of practice on that track and you'd be runnin' over them. 🙂

I would like to think so. But there were alot of high dollar full race build 450s there. Cant compare to a 20+ thousand dollar quad. And i dont expect to. But my little 440 was ripping and i was happy about that. Never went over 200 degrees on the oil temp. Was very happy with how it started when warm and when cold. The difference with this stroker is almost all in the upper end of the rpm. She pulls hard up there. The low end and torque feels almost the same as the 416. But you get her up near that rev limiter and you better hold on tight! LoL

• Like 3

Yup, you can be a bottom feeder on that track! Its moist and relatively flat terrain, take 'em on the inside/bottom of every corner/line and drive out/exit on the floor of the torque band.... lil'est bike is the nimblest biting bike!

Haha saying i could run more than 3 laps without being gassed out. On lap 4 my fingers were stuck in a gripping handlebar position. I had to force them out of lol. Im just flat out not in good enough shape. Maybe 10 years ago. Not anymore.

• Like 3

I appreciate the vote of confidence. Im not saying i didnt have fun. I had a blast! And honestly im actually doing real good "injury wise" i feel great today. And i even spent the last few days sleeping in the camper. Which usually would require 800 mg of ibeprofin. So thats a win in itself. The plan for this winter is suspension. These elkas are getting sent off to be rebuilt and tuned. It is no doubt about it time.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

The plan for this winter is suspension. These elkas are getting sent off to be rebuilt and tuned. It is no doubt about it time.

Where do you send them to? 

What do you know about WP Racing suspension if anything? I am wondering if these old ones I found would be worth a rebuild.

37 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

What do you know about WP Racing suspension if anything? I am wondering if these old ones I found would be worth a rebuild.

Never sent any shocks out. I did have a set of tcs shocks that were rebuilt by jet suspension. They havent posted anything on facebook since like early 2018 so i dont trust sending them there. Im thinking my elkas are gunna go to BNR. They are local and there prices seem reasonable. I have never heard anything about WP. Im gunna check them out though. I know RocketRon does a good job. But he is more expensive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oh400ex said:

Ok so i cant find wp atv suspension for anything but a ktm? It also doesnt say anything about them rebuilding anything but dirtbike suspension anywhere online. There facebook doesnt show a single quad picture anywhere. And there is only one location in the unitedstates in california. All the rest are in austria. Which makes sense since ktm comes from austria.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

Ok so i cant find wp atv suspension for anything but a ktm? It also doesnt say anything about them rebuilding anything but dirtbike suspension anywhere online. There facebook doesnt show a single quad picture anywhere. And there is only one location in the unitedstates in california. All the rest are in austria. Which makes sense since ktm comes from austria.

Thank you for the effort!

My understanding is that WP is/was an Austrian company that was absorbed by KTM a few years back.

I think what I have here is pretty rare but I don't know if it's actually good or worth anything.

• Like 2

Looks like u had awesome time! Track looked like u had to really know when to gas it.. but I mean, I’ve never been on a track.. just an observation.. how long was it?

Both my clips started half track. That was the point the mud came off the go pro. Or the point i wiped it off. The rest of the track was over watered pretty bad and was rutted and sloppy.

• Like 1