RubiDan

New Guy From Ky.

If you want a drink holder that will hold a Yeti sleeve , an a/c accumulator/dryer  makes a good one , for free , the accumulators are changed every time the a/c compressor is changed so there are a lot of old ones out there to be had , the Yeti will work with cans or bottles ---- I find it is better for it to be solid mounted and not a swivel , the swivel will soak you 

fullsizeoutput_30f.jpeg

IMG_7063.JPG

fullsizeoutput_d2e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_378.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RubiDan said:

I'm going to be out tomorrow and if they have it in stock I'll buy a receiver for it.  It's a one bolt model but I'll figure out something to make it where it won't move around.

I don't know what the hitch looks like on a Rubi , sure something can be done with it , them receivers  that bolt to the hole where the ball goes are not  too good to me -------    I welded a receiver tube into y 450 hitch , I have about 4 different styles of hitches to stick in  

IMG_8221.JPG

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bcsman said:

Hey Dan, glad you found us.  There are a number of older guys around here so dont feel alone.  I'm 68 and having a ball with my old Foreman.  I know of one member pushing 80, so us youngsters are doing ok....lol

Thanks bcsman.  If I'm still around at 80 I hope I'm still able to ride.  I know I will if I can.  

When I was riding a dirt bike in my late 40s and 50s all of the guys were younger than me but I didn't mind if I had to wait for them to catch up once in awhile.  Actually most of them were good riders and we all had a good time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

you might try ram mount ... this is the setup i have mounted to my front rack ..  and you dont need to drill holes in the plastic https://www.rammount.com/

image.jpg

+1 on this if you got the money for it. Ram is what law enforcement used to use and they are super reliable mounts.

They make two-way adapters, cell phone mounts, rifle racks, holsters and other awesome stuff too that attaches to the same ball.

• Like 1

Hey Dan we have a chat function here too, have alot of fun when a few of us get together and we talk about all sorts of topics.....

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I don't know what the hitch looks like on a Rubi , sure something can be done with it , them receivers  that bolt to the hole where the ball goes are not  too good to me -------    I welded a receiver tube into y 450 hitch , I have about 4 different styles of hitches to stick in  

IMG_8221.JPG

I thought that looked like a cup holder in your avatar but wasn't for sure because of the small picture.  

It looks like you're into some serious mudding the way you have your Honda set up.  

My Rubicon hitch is turned up on the sides a little.  I haven't measured it yet but I'll either have to weld the receiver on it or weld something on the receiver to keep it stabilized.  If they have it I'm going to buy a receiver tomorrow similar to the Curt receiver and then go from there and figure out what I'll do.   The way your hitch is done looks good.  I have a ball on mine right now but I wanted the receiver to be able to switch out too.  I have a cargo carrier that fits into a receiver that I'd like to use to carry things around my place also.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

+1 on this if you got the money for it. Ram is what law enforcement used to use and they are super reliable mounts.

They make two-way adapters, cell phone mounts, rifle racks, holsters and other awesome stuff too that attaches to the same ball.

They do look nice and it looks like it's easy to mount.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

it's not really all that expensive... i got mine from ebay ... (lucked on a deal) ... they also have the clamp.... this is what i use for holdińg my ram spot light 

image.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

it's not really all that expensive... i got mine from ebay ... (lucked on a deal) ... they also have the clamp.... this is what i use for holdińg my ram spot light 

If they haven't changed much in price (just looked very briefly) they are ~$60 for a cell phone mount or a cup-holder.

The setup I described with a single clamp splitting into a V with 2 attachment points, 5 extensions (one for the cup holder and 4 to get the cell phone in my peripheral vision), the cell mount, and the cup holder itself was over $300. (Work truck)

IDK about you but to me that is very expensive. Both over $50 for a single accessory and how much it costs to have "the ultimate setup"

I'm not saying it isn't worth it but it is expensive.

Also,

With eBay you are rolling the dice on whether the product you are purchasing is a copy or stolen from the factory when it was supposed to be pulled by quality control. 

Brand name items are almost never sold on eBay (unless used of course)

You got a good one it sounds like but that's not something I would buy from eBay due to fakes.

• Like 1

could be.... i did a back ground check on the seller ... who had an over stock ... so i know both the cup holder, and ram light are legit .. also checked the ram site for specs ... before i made the purchase... 

• Like 1

image.png

image.png

Edited by RubiDan
Old guys and computers are like oil and water. Should have been in the firewood thread.

Welcome from Southern Indiana!

I am on my phone So not easy to paste but if you go to the General Chat forum section and look at my ATVs in Indiana thread Shade posted a TRX300FW for sale in Louisville area. I think it was 1800.   I want to get another for my 15 yr old as my 450 is pretty big but not right now.  The guys all say that size would be perfect for her.  Get you a foot shift to play around with too on the side. 

anyway.  Welcome!

• Like 1

Thanks 87Iroc.  I hope you can get a ride for your daughter too..  I'm planning on buying one for my grandkids and am looking for a nice 2X4 preferably a foot shift model to keep things simple.  I don't think they'll be riding anywhere that they'll need a 4X4.  I'm thinking Recon because I have a 11 and a 9 year old that will be riding it too.  I'll check the one out in your thread.