Wheeler

Robin Blue 300

Well I gave this guy a message. His price seems ok (sure I could get it cheaper) but I see he has u bolts thru the fender to rear rack, & rear has crack. These blue ones rare. I know I could clean it up, make it run like a dream.... thoughts???

96BC8F10-5603-4A68-8276-81748B49DC17.png

Edited by Wheeler

that color blue was popular in canada, but not in the states. it also was the only year/model that came from the factory with a defective c.d.i. back then. 1k is a good price for a 4wd, as long as it does not need a ton of work ?.

• Like 2

Just now, Wheeler said:

@shadetree buddy said it doesn’t run. Just quit one day, so he went & bought a new one. It’s a farm quad..

i'd bet its the c.d.i.

• Like 2

Well I may have to go look at it then. If that’s the case a Ricks CDI, new seat & some TLC might maker er great again..

1 minute ago, Wheeler said:

Well I may have to go look at it then. If that’s the case a Ricks CDI, new seat & some TLC might maker er great again..

don't buy a ricks !!, buy oem from honda !.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shadetree said:

don't buy a ricks !!, buy oem from honda !.

You JUST said they were defective. Lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Wheeler said:

You JUST said they were defective. Lol

nooooo, i said the FACTORY C.D.I.'S BACK IN 96 WAS DEFECTIVE ON THEM WHEN THEY LEFT THE FACTORY !..lay off the canada cheap stupid pills !..rofl.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He’s bout an hour away... tossed wether I should go look or not now.. if I could get er running/fix/shine er up I wonder if I could make a buck like some of u guys...

2 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

He’s bout an hour away... tossed wether I should go look or not now.. if I could get er running/fix/shine er up I wonder if I could make a buck like some of u guys...

my advice ?, go get it !, worst case, you would spend about 130 on a brand new WORKING C.D.I. !..LOL. 1k..if you snooze ?, yer gonna lose !..GO GET IT, and while your there, offer up 850-900, explain how hard parts are to get ?, AND THEY WONT BE CANADA CHEAP !..LOL.

• Like 2

People will pay extra for that color here in the States , don't know about where you are as they were sold there , could be a good flip 

I am just the opposite as Shade' on the CDI , I would buy a Rick's Motorsport CDI  before OEM every time , a lot cheaper and better as it will remove the rev limiter on a 1996 and adjust the timing curve  , I still have 5-300 and 4 of them have Rick's , 2 are 96's,  ----  Don't you already have a Rick's on the 300 you got now 

• Like 3

I'd take shades advise , and collect if i could...those are rare ... are you going for it because of the color , of because it's a 300, or both ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I'd take shades advise , and collect if i could...those are rare ... are you going for it because of the color , of because it's a 300, or both ?

colour & price. I can fix anything 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

colour & price. I can fix anything 

soooooooo..why the heck are you still debating this ?, you should be on your way to claim it !!..lol.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Yes I have a Ricks now. Love it. I would run one anyday

go ahead, go against my advice...buy that stupid ricks c.d.i. but dont come back here telling us it broke down miles from home, and you had to walk back home ?!..lol.

Down here if it were red or green not running and it looks fair to midland in the pic , I would say $500 , running $800-1000 and then the color would bring more money , maybe $500 , cleaned up and running with brakes  , $2,000 and maybe more  depending how cleaned up you got it , from listen to you'll up there in the Far North talk , I would think it be worth more up there 

4 minutes ago, shadetree said:

go ahead, go against my advice...buy that stupid ricks c.d.i. but dont come back here telling us it broke down miles from home, and you had to walk back home ?!..lol.

Wheeler if you break down , just don't say nothing , LOL    Words MUM !!!! 

• Haha 2

OH400Ex , I see you lurking around this thread with the likes .... What do you Sports guys run for CDIs ??? 

• Like 1

Just now, Fishfiles said:

OH400Ex , I see you lurking around this thread with the likes .... What do you Sports guys run for CDIs ??? 

OEM only for me

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Wheeler if you break down , just don't say nothing , LOL    Words MUM !!!! 

yeah... that's solid advise ... lol. specially in a forums meant to help people with honda atv issues.

Edited by _Wilson_™

1 minute ago, _Wilson_™ said:

yeah... that's solid advise ... lol. 

You have no humor Wilson , it is all about sucking up with you !!! 

3 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

OEM only for me

some of us are smarter than others !..lol.

• Like 1