I remember flying into Memphis over 25 years ago, a plane lands there every 30 seconds, then a few hrs after sorting the leave one every minute....

I was about 14 at the time,was just cool to watch at the time....

i haven't ordered anything in over a year (best guess) I'm all stocked up.. lol... what parts i was after was hondaline parts .. which have become even more expensive ... if / when you can locate them ... (sigh) 

yea thought that was a mayjor FedEx hub.. 

4 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I have about 1/2 of a 4wheeler coming from 1080.  LOL.  Luckily he's shipping to my work so Mrs Jeep doesn't find out!

That Yellow bin i shipped it in is heavy so you may want to disassemble and sneak it in one part at a time. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

OP, i sure as heck hope you got a good explanation as to why my parts are freaking sitting in memphis,tn ????..i am not happy one bit on this crap !!. 

Once a package leaves here it is out of our control, I shipped this USPS priority and it should have already been there. I shipped his bolts with the same service, at the same post office, on the same day. This stuff happens and it is out of our control. We actually have more issues out of Fedex vs usps. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 1080PowersportsPartsLLC said:

Once a package leaves here it is out of our control, I shipped this USPS priority and it should have already been there. I shipped his bolts with the same service, at the same post office, on the same day. This stuff happens and it is out of our control. We actually have more issues out of Fedex vs usps. 

well..you need to ask for your money back..because priority mail should get here in 2 days max from dallas !!..lol.

• Like 1

It will get there, I deal with this almost every week

I just had a package go to Hawaii from the east coast before coming to Alaska....?

Sometimes I get stuff in 2 days from East coast, sometimes 10 days-roll the dice

You cant blame the shipper though, if he packs it well, gets it out in a timely fashion and provides a tracking number, what else can he do?

USPS Priority does not refund unless item is lost or damaged, at least in my experiences

Sometimes the delays let me get more (better) prep-work done that I might not of done if parts were sitting on bench -LOL

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 2

first off, get your story right...it was not sent fedx, its snail mail..lol. and second...i've never had trouble getting all my parts lately ?..soo....lol.

all fedex packages go through memphis, i know this for a fact !. but snail mail from dallas always ( suppose too ! ) comes right up I-30, straight into little rock on their mail trucks ( 18-wheelers ).

My fault. I was inferring from context that it was a big part and was sent FedEx. It may still involve them though...

Agree not to blame shipper either way. It was likely on-the-road within 24 hours from request in this case. This kinda thing just sucks...

Depending on volume/size/destination the post office will contract their volume shipments through FedEx (and others)

FedEx smart-post sometimes will only have a USPS tracking number and doesn't show up in FedEx's traditional tracking site.

Your package may have started out as USPS and transitioned to FedEx before being handed back to a local USPS distribution center.

That would send it through Memphis (my understanding) This happened to me before the varus so who knows now.

Try throwing the USPS tracking number into FedEx tracking and see what you get

1 hour ago, 1080PowersportsPartsLLC said:

We actually have more issues out of Fedex vs usps. 

UPS is my preferred way to receive packages. Not many issues. For anything fragile they are the only way to go here...

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

You asked me if I kept my poking stick next to the bed , actually I got one of them  concealed shoulder holster for my poker , when I take it off at the end of the day I hang it on the bed post , never know when I will get up in the middle of the night and want to poke a pile  

😇

1 hour ago, 1080PowersportsPartsLLC said:

It's great dealing with the people sometimes isn't it !   They have NO CLUE ??     I order a couple of thousand of parts a month and They are usually needed fast so the bikes are ready for a race the next weekend.  Sometimes that does NOT HAPPEN and it is NOT the sellers fault, I can see They shipped it !

• Like 2

let's get something straight here, I AM NOT BLAMING THE SHIPPER HERE !, all i am saying is, if i ship a part out, spec priority ?, and it does not get to that person in a timely fashion ?, then i dig into the carrier as to why ?. and i dang sure will get some kinda refund !.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oh400ex said:

My fault. I was inferring from context that it was a big part and was sent FedEx. It may still involve them though...

Agree not to blame shipper either way. It was likely on-the-road within 24 hours from request in this case. This kinda thing just sucks...

Depending on volume/size/destination the post office will contract their volume shipments through FedEx (and others)

FedEx smart-post sometimes will only have a USPS tracking number and doesn't show up in FedEx's traditional tracking site.

Your package may have started out as USPS and transitioned to FedEx before being handed back to a local USPS distribution center.

That would send it through Memphis (my understanding) This happened to me before the varus so who knows now.

UPS is my preferred way to receive packages. Not many issues. For anything fragile they are the only way to go here...

😇

i will agree, sometimes packages get handed over to other carriers..i've found this out the hard way..lol. but not many times does snail mail get handed to fedex that i've seen lately ???.

7 hours ago, oldmxrider said:

It's great dealing with the people sometimes isn't it !   They have NO CLUE ??     I order a couple of thousand of parts a month and They are usually needed fast so the bikes are ready for a race the next weekend.  Sometimes that does NOT HAPPEN and it is NOT the sellers fault, I can see They shipped it !

ummm..i have a great clue...the postal service flat out sucks !!..lol. you think this is my first time dealing with late/lost packages ?, nope !.lol.

• Like 2

Patience is a virtue and good things come to those that wait --------  one of my favorite sayings  " It is what it is " 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Patience is a virtue and good things come to those that wait --------  one of my favorite sayings  " It is what it is " 

i like that. my favorite saying is "Oh Well",  both are kinda like the Serenity Prayer... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shadetree said:

let's get something straight here, I AM NOT BLAMING THE SHIPPER HERE !, all i am saying is, if i ship a part out, spec priority ?, and it does not get to that person in a timely fashion ?, then i dig into the carrier as to why ?. and i dang sure will get some kinda refund !.

If you read the fine print of the priority mail it pretty much says "we will try to get it there quick but we don't guarantee anything" I tried to get some money back on expensive priority mail packages a few years ago and they straight up don't care if its late. I'm not sure if your getting my emails, it keeps coming back saying draft and i have sent it 3 times. 

14 hours ago, oh400ex said:

😇

We don't use Fedex smart post, That is a guaranteed week and a half to get something through them. I could walk there faster and hand it over personally faster than smartpost. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, 1080PowersportsPartsLLC said:

If you read the fine print of the priority mail it pretty much says "we will try to get it there quick but we don't guarantee anything" I tried to get some money back on expensive priority mail packages a few years ago and they straight up don't care if its late. I'm not sure if your getting my emails, it keeps coming back saying draft and i have sent it 3 times. 

nope, not getting any emails for you ???. surely you got my address correct ???..lol.and you got a screwed up post office, my post office takes care of me.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TBRider said:

I remember flying into Memphis over 25 years ago, a plane lands there every 30 seconds, then a few hrs after sorting the leave one every minute....

I was about 14 at the time,was just cool to watch at the time....

Used to sit out on Crowley's ridge at night in my Jeep, drinking beer and watching all those Fedex planes come in.  You'd have a line of lights as far as you could see for a good hour.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, shadetree said:

i just now checked the tracking number...SHOWS ITS IN MEMPHIS ,TN ??????????..WTF !!!!!!!!!!!.

Last week I had a new compressor come in for my car.  Thing went from Memphis, to LR, and then back over here.

Memphis is 60 miles from me, LR is 100 miles from me.

It's the post office.  If they were subsidized with taxpayer funds they would have gone away long ago.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Last week I had a new compressor come in for my car.  Thing went from Memphis, to LR, and then back over here.

Memphis is 60 miles from me, LR is 100 miles from me.

It's the post office.  If they were subsidized with taxpayer funds they would have gone away long ago.

snail mail has never came from dallas,tx, then to memphis,tn, then back to me..EVER !..LOL.

@jeepwm69 orders I've placed, that have been carried by FedEx ... have been sent way out the way ... ordered that  x-27 fiskars axe it was sent to Memphis ..(FedEx head quarters) . then to lawrenceburg tn fedex, then to Nashville, the back to Memphis ... no one likes to deal with them around here.... granted it's better then pony express.... lol! .... i called them .. and they were no help at all, when i asked... answer we don't know why it was shipped back, out, and not delivered ... ... I've had no good dealings with, but now ups has been spot on every single time snail mail also put them to shame ... 

The bolts after treatment.

Basically a lazy black oxide. 

Decent rust preventer and I like the look.

Thank you again!

20201009_151016.jpg

20201008_124308.thumb.jpg.32598a3049bcc7936dbd15fc501d5dd0.jpg

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1