Just now, Fishfiles said:

This thread turning postal , hope nobody goes postal !!! --- LOL 

WELP..I GOT A NEW 9MM FOR THE JOBE !..ROFL.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

you need a Polaris to take your anger out on... 

no, i need my dang parts !!!. and you need to go build an atv !..rofl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

just tracked the rear brake back panel, it went from kemp tx, straight to little rock as of right now. say's i wont get it until tuesday ?..good thing i'm not in a hurry for the rear brake area on my build..lol.

• Like 1

and the oil pump and fan still does not show to be in little rock from memphis ?, holy crap man,

• Like 1

mail man just ran, NO OIL PUMP, NO FAN !!!. I KNEW I SHOULDA JUST BOUGHT A NEW OIL PUMP !!!..( SIGH ).

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 3:39 PM, jeepwm69 said:

Evaporust?

No but that product does work...

Ultrasonic first than put into a jar of oil and WD then heated and ultrasonic overnight.

Arguably looks better in picture than in person but the method I described does help a bit.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 10:56 AM, 1080PowersportsPartsLLC said:

We don't use Fedex smart post, That is a guaranteed week and a half to get something through them. I could walk there faster and hand it over personally faster than smartpost. 

My bearing that go lost from Partzilla(I think) went out 'smart post'. Got delivered to a place 20 miles away and was lost. Got it about 2 weeks later after I had replaced it with a local sourced one. Only item I saw ship that way during my build this summer.

The bolts after treatment.

Basically a lazy black oxide. 
Decent rust preventer and I like the look

sure was a big change.... what method did you use to knock the rust off ? i see some with a good coating of rust... 

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™

Just now, _Wilson_™ said:

sure was a big change.... what method did you use to knock the rust off ? 

9 hours ago, oh400ex said:

Ultrasonic first than put into a jar of oil and WD then heated and ultrasonic overnight.

Arguably looks better in picture than in person but the method I described does help a bit.

To elaborate further on what I said above the ultrasonic cleaner is filled with a weak acid solution and degreaser. It cuts a lot of the rust off with acid and the cavitation like effect that the ultrasonic produces. Orange ZEP is a good commercial version of a solution you can make yourself. Citric acid is your active ingredient. 

What we are doing is stripping the metal of any oxides and then immediately introducing it to a hot and oil saturated environment to cure and for somewhat of a coating to form. That is where the black color came from. In a jar with WD and fresh motor oil they sat in ultrasonic hot bath again for 90 minutes. The finish that you see in the picture is the result of that process.

Hot bluing is the best way to do this. If you want black metal parts that is the only way to go unless you are talking paint, powdercoat or cerakote

Ill double down and say again that it looks better in the picture than in person. It is not perfect in the slightest.

A great way to perfectly clean and semi-polish bolts is a vibratory tumbler filled with stones, ground glass and orange ZEP. It takes a while but they come out looking better than factory if you are going for a semi polished look. I don't have a plan for these bolts and the ultrasonic was already setup for doing other stuff so I just ran with it. There are better ways...

Today was a holiday for the Postal Service I would guess ,  Columbus Day , I didn't get any mail today in the PO Box or mail box 

• Like 1

wow .... it's just amaising it doesn't look like the same package of bolts... lol, and you purchased these from 1080 ? 

i could care less about the treatment ... unless i was rebuilding one to look show room, new which! i don't do... say, how are those builds your doing coiming along ? i haven't seen a completed one yet, or did i miss the post ? 

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

wow .... it's just amaising it doesn't look like the same package of bolts... lol, and you purchased these from 1080 ? 

Yep. Everything I have gotten from 1080 has been a stellar deal and worked flawlessly.

The brake master cylinder for example was still bled and took-off working immediately.

56 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

How are those builds your doing coming along ? i haven't seen a completed one yet, or did i miss the post ? 

I apologize if I am misreading tone through the internet. That can happen but...

Don't care for the question or it's phrasing. Implication is that I have started a bunch of stuff and not completed them. True to a point which is why it bothers me but I don't post every project to the forum or talk about every time someone has me change an air filter or their oil... this stuff takes time... if you are itching for a project just buy something super cheap and start wrenching. It really is great time spent and at the end you have an heirloom Honda for sale or keep.

Here are a few of my semi-recent completed projects. We are riding the non-running XR80 and I am also getting really close on the 450r.

https://atvhonda.com/topic/833-another-light-restoration-on-a-1996-polaris-425/

https://atvhonda.com/topic/815-light-restoration-on-a-2007-arctic-cat-650/

https://atvhonda.com/topic/856-restoration-08-rancher-420-es-efi/

I do appreciate your input, suggestions, thoughts etc but this hit my ear(eye) really wrong.

Edit: Please take it to PM if you would like to discuss anything further

To bring it back around... 

Buy from @1080PowersportsPartsLLC if you are looking for some great deals and want to support one of our members!

https://www.ebay.com/str/1080powersportspartsllc

Find a part you want? Shoot him a message or keep an eye on his threads for new arrivals!

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

Yep. Everything I have gotten from 1080 has been a stellar deal and worked flawlessly.

The brake master cylinder for example was still bled and took-off working immediately.

I apologize if I am misreading tone through the internet. That can happen but...

Don't care for the question or it's phrasing. Implication is that I have started a bunch of stuff and not completed them. True to a point which is why it bothers me but I don't post every project to the forum or talk about every time someone has me change an air filter or their oil... this stuff takes time... if you are itching for a project just buy something super cheap and start wrenching. It really is great time spent and at the end you have an heirloom Honda for sale or keep.

Here are a few of my semi-recent completed projects. We are riding the non-running XR80 and I am also getting really close on the 450r.

I do appreciate your input, suggestions, thoughts etc but this hit my ear(eye) really wrong.

Edit: Please take it to PM if you would like to discuss anything further

To bring it back around... 

Buy from @1080PowersportsPartsLLC if you are looking for some great deals and want to support one of our members!

https://www.ebay.com/str/1080powersportspartsllc

Find a part you want? Shoot him a message or keep an eye on his threads for new arrivals!

100% sure i will not be buying any more parts for him..even if he was the last person on earth to have the part ?!..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, oh400ex said:

i didn't mean to hurt your feelings .... just used to seeing posted pics of updates, and completed projects, i don't do honda complete, (because i dont flip) rebuilds, as stated here before, i always worked on heavy farm / semi equipment...I'm sure i could do rebuilds to a point.... 

some of what you've said here, and in the past,  didnt exactly go over well with me ether.... maybe an equal  draw on this fact ? 

Edit: Please take it to PM if you would like to discuss anything further, 

nah we can do this here,  i don't see any objections, sure doesnt bother me any, no need for the last part, because, i won't be dealing with them.. I've already seen what item are listed. what i find strange is... none of those parts were listed when he first joined up, and unless there are hondaline parts ... i have no entrest 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, shadetree said:

100% sure i will not be buying any more parts for him..even if he was the last person on earth to have the part ?!..lol.

i know i never will .. ether. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, shadetree said:

I probably wouldn't help or sell you any parts after you remarks if I was him either....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, shadetree said:

Dang man, he shipped the stuff!  Not his fault the post office sucks.

What would you have him do?  Drive to Memphis and demand the package, and then drive it to you?

You've been able to track the package.  It's not his fault it hasn't been delivered! 

Got my box of stuff sometime yesterday.  Was packed in a heavy plastic tote, with about 30 zip ties holding it shut.

Everything inside was individually packed in bubble wrap, and the box filled with those dang styrofoam packing peanuts.  76lbs worth.  (packing peanuts have been tossed in the pic, obviously)

4 knuckles, 4 hub/rotors, 3 CV's, a valve cover, a footshifter, footshift spindle, and shift shaft, a winch plate, centrifugal clutch with primary, and carb boot.

Everything is exactly as he described it. 

parts.JPG

parts1.JPG

• Like 4

Nice!, heck, even the tote is a score too!

Looking forward to purchasing some parts from 1080- good prices for sure

I just have to wait until he gets a few 450/400's as that seems to be what I am finding lately

Had a package of parts dropped off on my doorstep yesterday by postman...on Columbus Day..when mail does not run....go figure....

My money is Shade getting his parts today....

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, AKATV said:

I just have to wait until he gets a few 450/400's as that seems to be what I am finding lately

Had a package of parts dropped off on my doorstep yesterday by postman...on Columbus Day..when mail does not run....go figure....

I know!  That tote will be put to get use organizing my shop (and yall know how bad my stop is).....

1 minute ago, jeepwm69 said:

I know!  That tote will be put to get use organizing my shop (and yall know how bad my stop is).....

Looks like the ones I got from Home Despot. Great totes. I have several 27s. Pretty UV resistant compared to some others but all plastic dies in sun.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-27-Gal-Tough-Storage-Bin-in-Black-HDX27GONLINE-5/205978361

black-yellow-hdx-storage-bins-hdx27gonline-5-64_1000.jpg

On 10/9/2020 at 5:24 PM, shadetree said:

WELP..I GOT A NEW 9MM FOR THE JOBE !..ROFL.

Better hang onto your ammo!  You priced 9mm ammo lately? 

47 minutes ago, AKATV said:

nope, got a text saying it left memphis AGAIN ! @ 9:24 am this morning ?..LOL. maybe tomorrow ?, but i ordered a brand new pump from rocky mountain atv, with some other small parts.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Better hang onto your ammo!  You priced 9mm ammo lately? 

no..went way up ?..lol. i still haven't even fired it yet !!..lol.