bcsman

Let's talk farm equipment

I just hope you got all the debris out the system  from the first hydrostatic failure  , cause I have seen it turn into a vicious cycle of repeated failures ---------- might be a good idea to do your filters and screen again  and see if anything is floating around 

Did Hydradyne have anything for you ? 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I just hope you got all the debris out the system  from the first hydrostatic failure  , cause I have seen it turn into a vicious cycle of repeated failures ---------- might be a good idea to do your filters and screen again  and see if anything is floating around 

Did Hydradyne have anything for you ? 

i ordered oem kubota parts to rebuild this pump, it should work ?. oh yeah..i flushed the whole system..i removed every line that could come off, ran them through my parts washer, then blew them out with my air compressor .i drained the tractor again, i will pull the pick up filter again, check it. when i go to pick the parts up locally, i will grab another hydro oil filter while i am there. not too worried about a dirty system ?, i just did not replace all the oil seals when i had the chance the first go around ?..big mistake, minor set back..i'll fix it...lol.

• Like 1

Didnt have any magnetic check / drain plugs did it ? Some do while some don't .... One of ours (older model) has them, but the newer one doesn't .... And they do work... I never like seeing the effects, although glad those filings are attracted ... And not left for just floating the filter to trap

18 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Didnt have any magnetic check / drain plugs did it ? Some do while some don't .... One of ours (older model) has them, but the newer one doesn't .... And they do work... I never like seeing the effects, although glad those filings are attracted ... And not left for just floating the filter to trap

no, no magnets on this tractor.

Figures.... They think just cause some are small tractor it won't be subjected to the use a big one will and it's just the opposite... Matter of fact they see more hard use because they can be are used more because of there size so size in the case matters. 

12 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Figures.... They think just cause some are small tractor it won't be subjected to the use a big one will and it's just the opposite... Matter of fact they see more hard use because they can be are used more because of there size so size in the case matters. 

i'm pretty sure i got the system flushed out ?..seeing how i got leaks, and adding fluid ?..lol. i picked up another 5 gals of hydro oil, 125 otd...sigh. also picked up my pump parts from this dealer, they called to tell me they came in. can't put the tractor back together until i get that oil seal and plug in ?, they show to be here tuesday ?. oh what fun i'm having !..lol.

• Like 1

I can recall Someone saying shade will end being a tractor mechanic..... Before it's said and done... And you doing the part most dred... Transmition work... It's only up from that point.. Lol!...  Least you shouldn't have to venture back in there after this.. It's NOT yellow! ....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

How you like to be the truck behind this doing 70mph 

image.png

i'd think by the time i got to the next exit ?..i'd be without a job !..lol.

• Like 1

I need some heavy equipment.  Too poor to maintain it, much less buy it, but I need it. 

Bridges out on Dad’s place.

An excavator would be nice to have

Notice the supervisor in the 2nd pic

395C6C51-01EC-490F-B0B9-7C3E14D11A37.jpeg

98C6F06E-4C8D-4854-BB4E-143260CDD0D9.jpeg

02CD73B4-7774-4B57-B8E3-1CC7EF527A03.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

Haha! Uh huh good luck .... That claas alone could be $50.000 - a cool half milllion ..... Lol! 

This one I'd say is 1960s era  , notice the cable and winch to raise and lower the blade --- I worked on a few like this when I was a teenager coming up 

image.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Don't think this is what it appears to be 

image.png

Found another pic of the beast , built by Buster Peterson , who was a Cat dealer and built many speciality machines thru his life 

The Side-by-Side D9

Seeking increased material handling, a double-vehicle solution was created placing two dozers next to one another with a shared, long dozer blade.

image.png

• Like 1

Nice! Hm..... Cat drivetrain .... Thats one brand i thought would never come back... I'm kind surprised they didn't go with tracks for lower ground pressure (small foot print) but then again with one this large wouldn't surprise me if tracks were an option.... I'll be keeping up to date on this bad boy... I just hope this partnership last... I'm a bigger fan of cat then johndeere... That's why i was shocked when cat announced they would not be offering power option for over the road trucks in the United States .... That's exactly what happens when the big goof offs in Washington try to regulate things that are better left to the. Experts which the goverment is Not known for.... 

• Like 1