bcsman

Let's talk farm equipment

Yeah in some cases the tires are just too small another down side is it makes them hard to man handle when need be, we use fluid in most of the tractors used on hill sides bush hogging, and in no till planting and those with front end loaders ( well used to ) 

The front B7100 tires weren't hard to handle! Loaded, I could easily lift them into the bed of the truck. It was a fruitless endeavor.

@_Wilson_™ 

I forgot the title of the thread that you had for stuff like this Friska Looper , I think you have one just like it , you know if they are warrantied ?? 

fullsizeoutput_1031.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

@_Wilson_™ 

I forgot the title of the thread that you had for stuff like this Friska Looper , I think you have one just like it , you know if they are warrantied ?? 

fullsizeoutput_1031.jpeg

if its friskers ?, they have a life time warranty.

• Like 2

It's under general page two No sir mine are compound cutters hold on and I'll get you a pic,

I got  the power gear loppers best ones they had at the time, and i got the longest handles i could, if memory serves me right they will handle a 3 inch diameter limb depending of the species of tree. 

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Fiskars has a lifetime warranty.  I had a set of loppers like that break and they had me fill out a form and send a pic of the broken loppers.  They mailed me a new pair.

• Like 2

Fish if i was you I'd go ahead and update to the power gear model  I'm telling you those things are bad a-- loppers! When i was/could do fire wood  i  could  de limb a blow down tree super fast because of that compound pressure, and you can even get that jaw replacement,mans when you get done just smear some lube on the jaws to stop them from rusting.

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Hm...... Should i ? NOPE not just yet... Lol! 

Thats a great  video, just hope one of those back tires doesn't bite when he does donuts...... Cause he very well ,ay it one it's 

i shouldn't tell this but i will, my uncle had a little 454 international i think it was a 3 banger, might have been a 4, man! That thing was fast in highway gear..... Bout 37 mph i believe ? We used it to pull a 5 row planter, well in Lewis county back then a bunch of the roads were chert roads, and  the loose chert would get scattered to the edge, and it was wide enough for both back wheels to kick the back end of that tracter out and drift around the curves... And fish tell on the corrugated sections ..... I had fun with that sucker!! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

It's under general page two No sir mine are compound cutters hold on and I'll get you a pic,

I got  the power gear loppers best ones they had at the time, and i got the longest handles i could, if memory serves me right they will handle a 3 inch diameter limb depending of the species of tree. 

image.jpg

I have a Friska  that is similar , it is powerful and can do a big branch but slow , when they dry out they are harder to cut then when wet ---- I have a pair of one hand held with the leverage lever , but can't seem to find them , might have taken them into the woods 

So I should be able to contact  friska and get warranty 

fullsizeoutput_1039.jpeg

I didn't know fiskars made a ratchet type..... But those aren't loppers are they ? Doesn't that titainuim blade bottom out on that lower jaw plate ? Hard to tell from the pic... Heck they look like they handle a 4 or 5 inch diameter limb, and that ratchet drive might be a tad slower, but from the looks might do a better easier cut then the gear drive model

• Like 1

I need to make a 150 foot trench about 12 inches deep ,  wide enough for a 3/4 pipe grey pvc for electric wire  and a 3/4  inch pvc  for water , thinking of using this plow on my tractor  >>>> Pros - Cons - Ideas -----thinking maybe taking the plow blade off and using something else that is smaller 

IWghdq3OTGicYFLvv22ZCQ.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1045.jpeg

0RDwHkAkSJuZI6dFRLLdhw.jpg

acAIJSyQS1qcfGafUvKS0w.jpg

w4oJ%0bLTlGmNATydOkJ8w.jpg

On 9/24/2022 at 12:07 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

I didn't know fiskars made a ratchet type..... But those aren't loppers are they ? Doesn't that titainuim blade bottom out on that lower jaw plate ? Hard to tell from the pic... Heck they look like they handle a 4 or 5 inch diameter limb, and that ratchet drive might be a tad slower, but from the looks might do a better easier cut then the gear drive model

Got the e-mail from Fiskars then warranty  replacement loopers have been shipped  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I need to make a 150 foot trench about 12 inches deep ,  wide enough for a 3/4 pipe grey pvc for electric wire  and a 3/4  inch pvc  for water , thinking of using this plow on my tractor  >>>> Pros - Cons - Ideas -----thinking maybe taking the plow blade off and using something else that is smaller 

IWghdq3OTGicYFLvv22ZCQ.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1045.jpeg

0RDwHkAkSJuZI6dFRLLdhw.jpg

acAIJSyQS1qcfGafUvKS0w.jpg

w4oJ%0bLTlGmNATydOkJ8w.jpg

Will you be able to get that plow to go 12" deep.  A potato plow or a subsoiler might do the job easier if you have one that you can get your hands on.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RubiDan said:

Will you be able to get that plow to go 12" deep.  A potato plow or a subsoiler might do the job easier if you have one that you can get your hands on.  

I don't know , i am not a farmer ---  if it isn't too much , I would be willing to weld something up , cause I can think of a couple of more projects where I want to bury wires and or water pipe ---- what does a sub-surface potato planter look like ? 

Here's a couple pics it's not a planter fish, you plant potatoes by hand  and just the eye on a small tater, it needs about 3 eyes if your going to plant the whole potato, most people take a good size tater and cut a couple eyes, and plant the eye then take the potatoe you just sliced the eye out of rince and repeat (cut another eye or two in one slice / wedge) plant, water etc etc ..... I don't know i a tator plow will go deep enough for what your doing without a rider for the plow, or weights.....now a sub soiler will..... Lol but that's a hard tilling tool to pull, i doubt if you could find a single row, but a one row should take no time in fabing up.

Good  deal,on the fiskars 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Wilson , I knew you would know about attachments -------  I talked with my plumber buddy , he says , since we very seldom freeze and not long and hard , 6 inches underground is all I need for a water line not freezing down here  , so I was going to go 12 inches just to be safe ---- i got another attachment think it is called a row maker , going to look at it right now and see if a couple of rows can come off 

The Fiskar looper pulled up in the UPS truck  , right when my buddy and I got out the woods from clearing trails for this weekend , he has his buddy the service manager of Honda Power Sports  coming to ride with us , first time , Vic says he will fit in with us , I use to be good friends with the Honda service manager years ago , Mark Stafford , this is a crazy story , we use to ride 4 wheel trucks together in Catahoula Creek in Kiln Mississippi , one Sunday night him and his son , when they got home from riding with us all  weekend ,  he banged on his front door, his wife shot a 12 gauge thru the door and one buckshot hit him in the neck and killed him in front of his 13 year old son and our friend Jarrod was stand right next to them both , she did one year in jail for it and then married another friend of mine , I have not heard from them in many years now 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good grief..... Was she THAT angry with him for going riding , or outright frightened of a crimminal trying to make there way inside ?? Which looper did you get the gear drive or ?? Oh and yeah you should be able to remove the shanks down to one, now a tator plow  ight just do 6 inches, i used to ride  my grandfathers as dead weight (no jokes lol!) to add more down force, but I'm like you, I'd >>> go deeper then 6 inches <<<--(that's what she said) .......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was thinking of something along the lines of these but I think you're on the right track by modifying the plow that you have.

subsoiler 2.jpg

potato plow.jpg

Edited by RubiDan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Good grief..... Was she THAT angry with him for going riding , or outright frightened of a crimminal trying to make there way inside ?? Which looper did you get the gear drive or ?? Oh and yeah you should be able to remove the shanks down to one, now a tator plow  ight just do 6 inches, i used to ride  my grandfathers as dead weight (no jokes lol!) to add more down force, but I'm like you, I'd >>> go deeper then 6 inches <<<--(that's what she said) .......

She said she thought someone was trying to break in , but I doubt that   ---   they sent the same one I had ---- oh and I found my hand held power pruners by Fiskar 

fullsizeoutput_104b.jpeg

• Like 2

RubiDan , that looks really good and i have a base to work with to build something like that , Tractor supply likely sells some of them mini plow blades like in your pic -------- I am starting to wonder how bad the roots are going to be and if I can even drag something thru ,  getting wishy-washy in my old age , wife might be contagious 

• Like 1

How far away from the trees will you be trenching ? Cause a ripper will go down far enough to snag roots even a turning plow will, plus a potatoe plow, just depends on species of tree and shallow roots, along with deep roots....... Got a pic of where this dig is going or how close to a tree trunk ?? These pics are just to give you an idea of what a ripper looks like and gives some idea of how deep some will go, we have a small  7 shank, that will go frame deep if you don't use draft control. Or gauge wheels........ When using a sub soiler / ripper,  a very good STRONG  top link is needed, if a week top link is used a man could get hurt really bad....... And rippers are hard to pull to start with, I'd like to see how deep you tractor will take a single shank ripper. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Well it started with real farmers testing the power of there actual work tracters ..... But they've twisted it some ..... Some bad mothers in this one...... Specially the chevy with Perkins diesel painted on the side.... But trust me thats not a Perkins under the hood......and looks to have 5 tons militeary rear ends, I've noticed those are be oming very popular in rock crawlers, and pulling trucks, it used to be the 10.5 inch dana spicer chunks, from my understanding only the ford 9 inch and 10.5 have the pinion straddle bearing.....same thing as a few honda atvs have utility models only ( i believe ) I'm not sure on the side x sides.......

Edited by _Wilson_™