bcsman

Let's talk farm equipment

Broken another Fiskars tool , just sent them a e-mail , last time the sent a new Looper quick --- 

lbBJg0Q%SM6AGnTYsJSTCw.jpg

On 1/16/2023 at 4:01 AM, Fishfiles said:

Broken another Fiskars tool , just sent them a e-mail , last time the sent a new Looper quick --- 

lbBJg0Q%SM6AGnTYsJSTCw.jpg

Dang Fish, you hard on equipment!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Dang Fish, you hard on equipment!

I must be hard on them , cause that is the same thing Shade' was telling me  --- I had them pruners on that ride last weekend ,   was cutting then thorn vine 

I thought you have a pair lof the fiskar power gear model like these....... Never mind the missing brake light brackets..... Had to use zipties till i located those dern brackets.... 

image.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I thought you have a pair lof the fiskar power gear model like these....... Never mind the missing brake light brackets..... Had to use zipties till i located those dern brackets.... 

image.jpg

Yes , I do have a heavy  duty pair  , but that was not what I had with me , learned my lesson , no big ones  ------ they are good about replacing their stuff , this is the second time with them for me ,  just seen the e-mail and the warranty replacement is on the way , they said 4 to 6 weeks , last time it took about 2 weeks 

Just a note .... I looked up that pic from the old forums, and word is... Anything made by fiskars has a warranty .....now how long it's covered ? I don't know.... .... Them bad boys up there, well i have pushed the limits on those... Cut a three inch diameter cured osage orange, (down south) called bodock, bodark, or hedge apple tree... By far the best firewood i have ever used... Burns slow and super hot and when it's gets going... Purdy clean... It's the only wood I've used that will turn that stainless exhaust stack orange in the dead of winter...That's why i named the hardy fire breathing dragon .... Lol! 

According to the Janka Hardness Scale, the hardness of Osage orange is 11,640 N while the hardness of ash and hickory is only 7, 000 N.

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Didnt know exactly where post this, but clamed 3000 horse power before  this happened...I'm completely against the purpose destruction of just about anything... Sept Polaris......but pushing the limits.... I'm all for... Too bad she gave up the ghost.... Dang lucky no one was structure by flying shrapnel...... 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S2zwCipHZGY

• Like 1

12 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Anything made by fiskars has a warranty .....now how long it's covered ? I don't know.... .... 

I'd say the warranty is lifetime , cause twice I have apply for the warranty and  they never asked for a receipt  

I found this , it says Lifetime Warrant , but ,  like I said I never had to supply a receipt or even tell them where I both them ---- in this info below it says you need the original receipt 

If you need to redeem your Fiskars lifetime warranty, please contact our Customer Care Team at 1-800-500-4849. They will be able to answer any of your questions regarding the process. The Fiskars Lifetime Warranty guarantees that, with proper use, Fiskars products will be free of defects in material and workmanship.

It covers the product itself, and repair or replacement of a defective product back to Fiskars. To redeem your warranty, you will need to provide proof of purchase (the original receipt or invoice), the product name and number, a photos of the item, and the location and date of purchase.

• Like 1

@_Wilson_™. If you ever need warranty on any of your Friskar stuff. You don’t have to use the phone number listed above ^^^^^^. They have a internet page for warranty claims.  It is very easy. They don’t even  ask much info.  Shipping address and a pic of the broken product.  They never even asked where or when I bought it.  I am very pleased with their warranty service.  I have broke two so far. But you know as well as I.  I over done it’s limits.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Didnt know exactly where post this, but clamed 3000 horse power before  this happened...I'm completely against the purpose destruction of just about anything... Sept Polaris......but pushing the limits.... I'm all for... Too bad she gave up the ghost.... Dang lucky no one was structure by flying shrapnel...... 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S2zwCipHZGY

I seen that video or one just like it.  I don’t think I will even stand next to a high powered engine on dyno again. 

• Like 1

Thanks! I have a couple small chips in the blade on mine.... But if you price just the blade your looking at $20-$30 range.... I don't guess i could just the blade alone ? Being I've got used to these (battle scared) I'd like to keep them...who knows what updates they MIGHT do ? What I'm getting at is, we all know the deference in say the new craftsman tools of years back compared to what they put out now which in my book is junk.... I don't n see fiskars dropping in quality..... But then again ... Like to have all the bases covered i can... So I'll be looking into just the blade alone... Although ... I have edged this one up good... You can shave by it, it's just those small chips...  They never saw wire rocks or anything thing else that could have caused the damage... My guess would be limbing osage orange trees is what did the damage...i didn't cut these suckers any slack at all.... Lol! Same wi those axes... However...... Lol! I think fiskars went a tad sharp on those edges.... I still wonder how come you and i have fingers left .... Lol! What's really funny is we both almost became one digit short at just about the same time.... Haha! Thank goodness for super glue ....... I'll have to dig that pic up...wtf does a axe need to be that freaking razor sharp for anyways !? I saw  one video of a guy who used his to field dress a deer....I'm not joking....had to be some nut from tenn.... To think of  that.... Sigh... 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I seen that video or one just like it.  I don’t think I will even stand next to a high powered engine on dyno again. 

Oh!  There an after math video... Of him looking over  the truck and describing what it was like and also a few words about  when the transfer case decided to become a in cab passenger.... 

6 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Thanks! I have a couple small chips in the blade on mine.... But if you price just the blade your looking at $20-$30 range.... I don't guess i could just the blade alone ? Being I've got used to these (battle scared) I'd like to keep them...who knows what updates they MIGHT do ? What I'm getting at is, we all know the deference in say the new craftsman tools of years back compared to what they put out now which in my book is junk.... I don't n see fiskars dropping in quality..... But then again ... Like to have all the bases covered i can... So I'll be looking into just the blade alone... Although ... I have edged this one up good... You can shave by it, it's just those small chips...  They never saw wire rocks or anything thing else that could have caused the damage... My guess would be limbing osage orange trees is what did the damage...i didn't cut these suckers any slack at all.... Lol! Same wi those axes... However...... Lol! I think fiskars went a tad sharp on those edges.... I still wonder how come you and i have fingers left .... Lol! What's really funny is we both almost became one digit short at just about the same time.... Haha! Thank goodness for super glue ....... I'll have to dig that pic up...wtf does a axe need to be that freaking razor sharp for anyways !? I saw  one video of a guy who used his to field dress a deer....I'm not joking....had to be some nut from tenn.... To think of  that.... Sigh... 

Yep , the way things are made cheaper these days , the one they give you as a replacement might not be as good as what you had ,,,,,  that looper I just had them replace on warranty has a spot on the blade where it doesn't cut thru clean , maybe they use to use German steel and their steel now  is from Cha'eye'na  Crap 

• Like 1

Here's one after math video..... So he didnt  get free and clear right off.....can't really make out how be his right for arm was burnt but looks to be 2nd degree.... Them two goes were lucky even being in the cab... They were lucky..... I mean really !? A transfer case explossion ?! .... He mentions something about the shifter as well.... And he knows ... Noticed he spoke of her choking on too much nitrous.... You could see it choke in the video.. Then dud on dyno let up.. And off she went... I hate to see one explode like that, but pushing 3000 horse power ..... From such a small plant ?? its going to happen....ha! ! Bet yeah the engine ford and gm/chevy use wouldn't handle the pressure that bad ! 6.7 cummins did..... 

49 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Here's one after math video..... So he didnt  get free and clear right off.....can't really make out how be his right for arm was burnt but looks to be 2nd degree.... Them two goes were lucky even being in the cab... They were lucky..... I mean really !? A transfer case explossion ?! .... He mentions something about the shifter as well.... And he knows ... Noticed he spoke of her choking on too much nitrous.... You could see it choke in the video.. Then dud on dyno let up.. And off she went... I hate to see one explode like that, but pushing 3000 horse power ..... From such a small plant ?? its going to happen....ha! ! Bet yeah the engine ford and gm/chevy use wouldn't handle the pressure that bad ! 6.7 cummins did..... 

He was lucky to not be burned up 

Yeah! ..... And nitrous injected..... That's a 1st for me... Never heard of nitrous being used in a diesel much less one thats been built... Man things sure have changed over  the years.... I can recall when a hsving a turbo was big news... On farm diesels .. And now mulitpul turbos forsed induction and nitrous ?! ..... (Makes one want to grunt like tim the tool man taylor) What's next hydrogen .... !! There already water injected.... Lol! It's funny when you'd think about it.... Next diesel you  pull up next to might be a bomb on wheels.... 

Edited by _Wilson_™

I believe this is before the maasive sneeze..... That Shawn fellah seems like a good guy, just having a street of bad luck wit h that monster... Out of all of t hem I've seen.... This one and  that dodge challenger with cummins and Detroit forced induction are a couple of my faves... Id like to see what that cummins in that dodge challenger would pull on the dyno.... I'm becoming more and more a 6.7 but the 5 .9 has been a great engine in our dodge one ton... Just glad it has the big inline pump and not the 1st edition rotary pump. 

• Like 1

What’s The Difference Between The 5.9 And 6.7 Cummins?

Written By: ProSource Diesel

Five Main Differences Between The 5.9 And 6.7 Cummins Diesel Engine

Expectations for the 6.7 Cummins Diesel were high. It was next in line following in the footsteps of the very popular 5.9 Cummins, which was known for its high mileage and durability. Along with its reputation for solid performance, the 5.9 also had a wide range of aftermarket support. With the 5.9 being such a popular engine for Dodge Ram diesel trucks, people were hoping the 6.7 would be even greater.

The 6.7 Cummins first came on the scene in 2007. When it arrived, it brought over 40 percent of the 5.9 Cummins engine’s internal parts with it. So far, things were looking good. But would the 6.7 Cummins be able to stand up against its 5.9 predecessor? We’ll break down the main differences between the 5.9 and 6.7 engines

Emissions Control

One of the primary features of the 6.7 Cummins was that it came equipped with a full range of emission control parts. Most of these parts were unique to the 6.7 engine, including an EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) system, a DOC (diesel oxidation catalyst), and a DPF (diesel particulate filter). Beginning in 2013, an SCR (selective catalytic reduction) became standard in 6.7L engines.

The 6.7 came out during stricter emissions requirements from the EPA, restrictions that weren’t in place when the 5.9 Cummins was made. The restrictions had an impact on the 6.7 engine’s performance as well. Parts like the EGR prevents the engine from reaching hotter combustion temperatures, so the fuel doesn’t burn as completely in the 6.7.

This produces more NOx (Nitrogen Oxide), which causes excessive carbon buildup that lowers the quality of your engine oil and coolant. The 5.9 engine did not have an EGR, and the lack of an EGR probably helped it maintain its reputation for durability at high mileage.

Low-End Torque

Compared to the 5.9, the 6.7 Cummins offers more torque at low RPM. This is thanks to the 6.7’s increased stroke: 4.88 inches vs the 5.9 Cummins’ 4.72 inches.

Trucks with better low-end torque have greater towing capabilities, so this is a clear benefit for the 6.7 Cummins. This comes with drawbacks as well –it also causes more cylinder pressure, which can cause head gasket failure. Head gasket failure is a common issue with the 6.7 Cummins, while the 5.9 Cummins head gaskets rarely had such a problem.

If you regularly use a 6.7 Cummins for towing, you’re more likely to have head gasket issues by the time your truck hits 200,000 miles. An engine modified with performance upgrades will have these problems even sooner. Head gasket problems can also be exacerbated by the 6.7 Cummins’ reduced sealing space between its water jackets and cylinders.

Fixed Geometry Turbo Vs. Variable Geometry

The 6.7 Cummins features a variable geometry turbo, which is different from the fixed geometry turbo on the 5.9. The fixed geometry turbo is a simple system, which consists of a 58mm compressor wheel, an internal wastegate, and a 58mm turbine wheel. This system had a reputation for being durable and long-lasting.

The turbo’s fixed geometry design resulted in low RPM turbo lag. Unlike the fixed geometry turbo, the 6.7 Cummins turbo system doesn’t have a wastegate, but it does have a 60mm compressor wheel. The system responds faster at lower speeds since the exhaust flow varies over the system’s turbine wheel. That means you won’t get any turbo lag, but the system still performs at a high RPM comparable to a bigger turbo unit.

Simply put, the 5.9 fixed geometry turbo is more reliable, but the more advanced design of the 6.7 variable geometry turbo will give you better performance.

Exhaust (Turbo) Brake

Another feature that boosts the towing capabilities of the 6.7 Cummins is its exhaust brake. This device causes significant backpressure of the truck’s exhaust system to slow its engine speed and provide extra braking. A sticking turbo is also a common issue with Cummins engines which the exhaust brake helps alleviate.

Thanks to its variable geometry design, the 6.7 turbo has excellent braking capabilities. This helps save your Dodge truck a lot of wear and tear. Towing capacity is only part of a truck’s towing capabilities.

A truck needs to have total control of its extra weight, so stopping the large load is important as well. Because of its aggressive exhaust braking abilities, the 6.7 Cummins-powered Rams are some of the greatest tow trucks on the market.

High-Pressure Injectors

Both the 5.9 and 6.7 Cummins engines use a high-pressure common-rail fuel injection system created by Bosch. The difference between these systems is that the injectors in the 6.7 Cummins have been specifically designed to handle high pressures and operate at a lower voltage. With higher-pressure injectors, you’re capable of generating more torque and more power. This is because the 6.7 engine’s higher pressure injectors force fuel into your engine to help you reach your maximum power faster.

You can swap cylinders on the 5.9 Cummins, but the 6.7 has been programmed so that you can’t switch into different cylinders.

Recap

If you’re looking for higher performance, then the 6.7 Cummins offers better performance over the 5.9 Cummins in almost every category. The 6.7 also had the added benefit of being less harmful to the environment. However, the simplicity of the 5.9 Cummins means that even if it doesn’t perform as well, it still has unbeatable reliability, including at high mileage.

We’ve tried giving you a thorough understanding of the main differences between the 5.9 and 6.7 Cummins engines. You might want the newer technology, or you might want to stick with an older, but reliable engine. Whatever choice you make for your engine, ProSource Diesel will carry the diesel truck parts you need. We’ll help you maximize the performance and longevity of any Dodge Ram truck with the highest quality Cummins parts.

•  
  • Thanks 1

Mr Shawn again.... That's one bad a-- truck..... I laugh and get a kick of of those spoiled rich kids ..... Playing billy bad a-- there pavement prowlers.... but this guy is 4 real...... Hard to believe most of that truck is stock... In frame rear, and front pumpkins...Suspension  everything sept the plant and transmission.... And a stuck solenoid dumped a massive amount of nitro.... I think he said it what cause the run away... 

Fiskars came thru with the warranty , and very quick at that , 11 days since I broke them , replacement  came , I can say they are on top their game  --- still says Lifetime Warranty on the packaging 

fullsizeoutput_10d4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10d0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10ce.jpeg

• Like 2