bcsman

Let's talk farm equipment

1st thing comes to mind is a pan with tracks....... I've seen rubber wheel pans even seen a few double power units old school Detroit powered pusher puller combs.... I say 1st thing i thought of.... But i don't think it's a pan model.... Never seen one with the center part missing... 

This is the machine above , it would not show the pic without a link 

Finally, in this batch, a very strange looking piece of kit, a scraper on dozer style tracks which was used at the Peoria Proving Ground to simulate “pull and drag” forces.

1680x1050_1318961400_c032610.jpgSadly we do not have much info on this or any of the other photos, but I am sure you will agree it’s very interesting to see shots of unusual items of plant which never made it into production.

Interesting....... I've seen onne these at a farm show once..... I don't recall exactly which event, might have been at one the Louisville farm show conventions.

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 2

On February 8, 2023 at 10:37 AM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

1st thing Most likely heard after that mishap.......YER FIRED!!..... Lol! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Interesting....... I've seen onne these at a farm show once..... I don't recall exactly which event, might have been at one the Louisville farm show conventions.

image.jpg

That a screw drive?  Pushed forward be those things spinning?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

image.jpg

A bog-slogger.

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

That a screw drive?  Pushed forward be those things spinning?

Yeah like Auger flighting, sept not as agressive.... What terrain it's designed for ? I'd guess muddy / swamp type.... Maybe wet sandy conditions ? I would think those big rotating drums might be sealed air tight to aid floatation ....  Fish..... You've most likely worked on plus seen more defrent type machines then just about anyone i know... Have any thoughts on that critter ? I can say this.... If i saw JUST the tracks that thing left.... I don't what would come to mind.... Lol! 

• Like 1

If it was really lots of her type around... Farming would be a thing of The past ....(too exhausted) ....but. You'd see a large  mass of cowboys.... Come out of the wood work...... 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Farmer dot.com , LOL  !!

image.png

i sure hope she doesn't get anywhere near the cow milking machines ?!..lol.

• Haha 4

I wonder if this  girl has a disorder from farm related toxins  ingesting too much growth hormones from eating  chicken  

image.png

• Haha 2

Tyson chicken girl..... They got busted a few years back... For something dealing with issues related to growth hormones ...... I don't know if Tyson still does that mess, Perdue doesn't .... 

• Like 1