bcsman

Let's talk farm equipment

I haven't ever saw one of those fire tracs.  That would be a good one to have.

If memory serves me right this picture is the same as my dad had.

The picture that you posted does look like the one that my friend has but I'm not sure about the loader.  I'll be busy tomorrow but if I forget remind me and I will go to his house and take pictures.

image.png

Edited by RubiDan
add picture
  • Like 2

i sure will.... but no rush... on the pics .... i gather you have more fire wood to deal with.. ??

that's a super A without the cultivators .... ours looks just like that ... except faded paint and decals ... notice the small rod right behind the steering shaft ? ... that's what people call the ring starter ... there's switch you pulled out (right close to the light switch) just pull that ring and the starter engages the choke rod ... is on the other side ...of the engine 

yea those fire tracs are something else ... 

i'll send you a PM soon. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

That twin Farmall really is a wild looking design.

Yeah I was splitting and stacking more firewood.  It started raining when I had almost all of it in the barn so I was able to finish up even though I got a little wet.  I've got almost seven cords in the barn and almost a cord by my basement door in a small woodshed.  I usually use about three cords a year but some of the ash that I put up isn't in the best of condition so I could use more.  I can hold about three more cords in the barn (actually a stall) and I hope to have it filled before then end of this year which shouldn't be too hard if I work on it.

I'm going to try to get in touch with my friend and take pictures tomorrow if he's home.  

• Like 1

thanks! like i said no rush... be sure to post pics of the wood storage in the firewood thread ... 

yea ... they did some very odd modifications ... but IH ruled for over 30 years from what I've read / seen. here we have a twin right side driver ... I've got no clue of this one ether... one thing about these ... engines is they were / simple to work on...  you don't need to plug them in to some stupid machine to tell you what's wrong... lol ... i would bet ... most wouldnt even know how to check the oil on one... 

• Like 1

i like this pull.... but the BOY shooting the video ... apparently does NOT KNOW ABOUT detriot Diesel engines ..... or tractor weight ... detriots are NOT a true 2 cycle engine .... and those are not blowers, on a diesel ... it's forced air induction .... I've had many arguments over what blowers are ... some idiots actually  think a turbo is a blower ... and it's NOT!! , simply put, it's a compressor ... powered by the expanding expelled exhaust gases .. 

• Like 1

You're coming up with some wild looking tractors there.  

I went to my friend's house a little while ago and took some pictures.  All four tires are holding air but one of them looked low.  All four tires are also dry rotted.  The choke is stuck but it started and kept running on the third try and when he cut it off and it started again on the first try.  The motor sounded good as far as I can tell.  He told me that it was a Freeman loader and that it would pick up about 300 lbs.  He has a washer behind the governor rod to hold it in one spot because he said it would run wide open if he didn't and he thought it needed a spring.  It didn't register at the time but I think it had an alternator on it instead of a generator.  Might be able to see it in the pictures.  He said that they guy he got it from told him it wasn't exactly what the sticker said but the tag says FC.  Does that mean Farmall C?  It doesn't have a 3 point hitch.  He said that he wants $800 for it and I can't say for sure but I took that to be firm.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 2

He also wanted me to show you pictures of his Gator that he wants $800 for.  He started it up and it sounded good.  The two left tires were down and he said that the right rear axle housing needed welding.  You can see in the picture how it sits at an angle.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 3

You're coming up with some wild looking tractors there.  

I went to my friend's house a little while ago and took some pictures.  All four tires are holding air but one of them looked low.  All four tires are also dry rotted.  The choke is stuck but it started and kept running on the third try and when he cut it off and it started again on the first try.  The motor sounded good as far as I can tell.  He told me that it was a Freeman loader and that it would pick up about 300 lbs.  He has a washer behind the governor rod to hold it in one spot because he said it would run wide open if he didn't and he thought it needed a spring.  It didn't register at the time but I think it had an alternator on it instead of a generator.  Might be able to see it in the pictures.  He said that they guy he got it from told him it wasn't exactly what the sticker said but the tag says FC.  Does that mean Farmall C?  It doesn't have a 3 point hitch.  He said that he wants $800 for it and I can't say for sure but I took that to be firm.

thank you! what IH did with those tractors... was something ... to say the least.

yes... that's a c ... we had only one of those around here, with cultivators, but it didnt stay long ... ... yeah ..I've seen the governers rigged ... yes that's a alternator ... so..I'd say this one was converted to 12 volt ... most were 6  volt ... which were very problematic 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RubiDan said:

He also wanted me to show you pictures of his Gator that he wants $800 for.  He started it up and it sounded good.  The two left tires were down and he said that the right rear axle housing needed welding.  You can see in the picture how it sits at an angle.

i don't much about those .. but that one looks like one of the 1st models  ... and looks to be belt driven ? most here have went to the  kubota .. utvs ... and a few ... run the Polaris (why i don't know) 

• Like 1