Not mine, belongs to my bud ( catfish ). took it on to pay my debt he paid to get my hood fixed, which was $ 450.00 bucks to fix the dent and paint the hood. where can you beat this deal for some body work ?..lol. not gonna give it the shadetree over haul, just gonna fix the engine, bearings, seals, brakes, clean the carb, thats all i plan on doing. he won't spend the money to fix it like new, not like i would !..lol. so just a '' light over haul '' is all i am giving it.

IMG_1272.JPG

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_1274.JPG

IMG_1275.JPG

• Like 4

Is that fire damage on the side? What was wrong with the engine?

This one looks like a project someone would bring me lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

Is that fire damage on the side? What was wrong with the engine?

This one looks like a project someone would bring me lol

yep, splash guards are melted , lol. motor smokes, the PO claimed it never was sunk ?, yeah...and i hit the arkansas state lottery !..lol. i'll pull the top end down, inspect the cylinder, rod.

• Like 2

well this project came to a speeding halt !. here's a couple pic's, one is the underside of the head, other is the carb. the carb is toasted !!. crank is shot from bad rod. and catfish does not want to spend the cash to replace all the important parts, sooo..now i stop working on it. just a reminder to all you mud and water riders ?..this is what happens when you go deep !!!!!.

IMG_1285.JPG

IMG_1286.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

That white stuff looks " ALIVE " , alien fungi -----  I'd wash my hands really good if I accidentally touched it , LOL 

• Like 3

Dang!

I saw a guy at an off road park this weekend go in to a lake tentatively. Tank was half deep in water. When we came back, he was getting pulled out. I was like 'the infamous swamping'...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 87Iroc said:

Dang!

I saw a guy at an off road park this weekend go in to a lake tentatively. Tank was half deep in water. When we came back, he was getting pulled out. I was like 'the infamous swamping'...

yeah..some ppl have more time and money than us smart ones !..lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

That white stuff looks " ALIVE " , alien fungi -----  I'd wash my hands really good if I accidentally touched it , LOL 

it did wink and growl at me !..rofl.

• Like 2

removed the ad from the '' for sale '' section, tore into this. pulled engine, split it, its a mess !. as i figured, the tranny gear set was all messed up. i ordered new up graded set, carb slide, carb side cover. waiting on catfish to decide what to do on crank ?. here is a few more pics for all you dummies that still think mud/water riding is ok ??!.

IMG_1289.JPG

IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1287.JPG

IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

IMG_1292.JPG

IMG_1293.JPG

IMG_1294.JPG

IMG_1295.JPG

IMG_1296.JPG

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1299.JPG

IMG_1300.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

wow! ...theirs your sign! ... . what changed your mind into maybe ... rebuilding this one ? 

i was bored..needed something to do...lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i knew you couldn't stay away! ... lol! 

well..me and catfish was tossing up cost for this, so i put it on the back burner , but now we are taking it on.

• Like 2

lean on him.... he was sure enough a grouch on the phone with me.... it my mistake for bringing up hondaline parts lol .... 

8 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

lean on him.... he was sure enough a grouch on the phone with me.... it my mistake for bringing up hondaline parts lol .... 

haha..i could have warned ya...NEVER SPEAK OEM PARTS TO CATFISH !!...ROFL. he is the grand dad of grinch when it comes to buying new oem parts from honda !!. trust me, i've worked with him for 29 yrs...I KNOW 100% HOW HE IS !!!..ROFL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

on another note: took the cylinder, crank to our local machine shop ( catfish's bud ), he now has these to bore the cylinder, fit a piston kit to the cylinder, press a new rod on the crank. i have parts ^^^ already on order, will spend some time cleaning the engine cases/parts up best i can while i wait for the crank and cylinder/piston kit. still need to order a complete engine gasket kit, complete engine oil seal kit.

• Like 2

yea..... haha! i learned that lesson quick ...  i like him... but I'll never make that mistake again... heck all it was .. was a rear oem tube bumper lol! 

Edited by _Wilson_™

9 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

yea..... haha! i learned that lesson quick ...  i like him... but I'll never make that mistake again... heck all it was .. was a rear bumper tube lol! 

don't talk parts to catfish...just not a good idea...lol.

• Like 1

just placed order for complete engine gasket and oil seal kit, lord this is adding up quick !..lol.

• Like 1

now placed order for choke cable, ignition switch, some body parts for the oem snorkel, oil temp sensor, and new cam chain, i'm done with parts for now. decided ( always go with my gut feeling ) to replace the cam chain seeing how i am doing all new engine parts ?, cam chain prob could run ?, but i don't like taking risk when i got the engine torn down !.

• Like 2

i can't say for right now ?, but i will ask for some where between $ 2,200.00 - $ 2,500.00 when all said and done for this. i may or may not get it seeing how its only 2wd ?, but it will be done right by me !.

• Like 2

for all you outlaws waiting on updated pics ?, i've been busy with other stuff around the house, and at catfish's place. i have the engine completely torn apart, now i just need to start cleaning cases/sections up, i got a little done the other day, but no where near what i should have done by now. its a slow process when your dealing with a sunk atv !. some parts show to be here today ?, but not what i need to put the engine back together. no word on crank work or cylinder ?, so i got time to get stuff cleaned up it seems. i'll post pics as i move along, but for right now, its just slow on this build.

• Like 3

and now i know why the engine blew up !. here is what is left of the oil pump !. in case ya missed it ?, the tang on the rod snapped off in last pic !...lol. go ahead...keep going deep in mud !..lol.

IMG_1314.JPG

IMG_1315.JPG

IMG_1316.JPG

IMG_1317.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Wow. 

So where it keys into the motor it sheared the shaft... that's some pretty serious torque. 

Was riding with a buddy the other day and we got to a large puddle in the road (couldn't drive around)

He wanted to blast through the water and I just decided that was far enough lol 

Water and mud are not friends of mine