Love the juxtaposition of the painted frame looking beautiful and the mud caked parts in the back 🤣

Is that a tiny bit of silver overspray on the left rear axle I see? 🔍

Tried frog tape yet?

Looking great!

5 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

Love the juxtaposition of the painted frame looking beautiful and the mud caked parts in the back 🤣

Is that a tiny bit of silver overspray on the left rear axle I see? 🔍

Tried frog tape yet?

Looking great!

might be over spray ?..i don't shoot for a 100% perfect paint job...want that ?..buy a new atv !..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, shadetree said:

update: got a few things painted and installed, here's some pic's for what little progress i've got done :-).

IMG_1341.JPG

IMG_1342.JPG

IMG_1343.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG

Your black spray paint dries shinier than mine.  Maybe I should do more prep work, or try painting inside.....lol

• Like 2

Just now, jeepwm69 said:

Your black spray paint dries shinier than mine.  Maybe I should do more prep work, or try painting inside.....lol

lol, yeah, the temp ( inside my shop ) is warmer, spray paint needs a warmer temp to dry good.

• Like 1

You'll guys with the glossy black paint , I am the flat black guy , looks meaner !!! 

I think humidity has a lot to do with the shine , gloss black can  get a white cloudiness when the humidity is higher , flat does it too now that I think about it , we always have very high humidity down here 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

You'll guys with the glossy black paint , I am the flat black guy , looks meaner !!! 

I think humidity has a lot to do with the shine , gloss black can  get a white cloudiness when the humidity is higher , flat does it too now that I think about it , we always have very high humidity down here 

i like my projects to be shinny !..lol.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 3:18 PM, shadetree said:

i like my projects to be shinny !..lol.

Do u sand it all & prime first? 

looks good!

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 12:11 PM, shadetree said:

pic's do not show brake cover on, or brake cable ?, but its on there !..lol. i'll post more pic's after while, my foot/leg is killing me right now.

What’s wrong with your hoof? I got a stabbing pain in my heel—doc has me wearing orthopedic shoes and taking anti inflammatory drugs

Edited by Goober

dang goober... a few folks been having foot issues... hope you get some relief soon. i believe shade had a bad bike accident in 08. 

You'll not kidding , I've seen a  lot of foot problems been going around ---  including some  foot in the butt and foot in the mouth 

Did you know the Japanese pay a lot of attention to the health of their  feet , there are more bones in the feet then the rest of the body 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

including some  foot in the butt and foot in the mouth 

lol!  i was thinking the same as of lately ... 

11 hours ago, Goober said:

What’s wrong with your hoof? I got a stabbing pain in my heel—doc has me wearing orthopedic shoes and taking anti inflammatory drugs

Bad motorcycle wreck in '08, messed my left leg up really bad.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wheeler said:

Do u sand it all & prime first? 

looks good!

i do what ever it takes to get rust off, then just paint it.

• Like 1

update: got the upper and lower ball joints, front bumper middle section, front lower skid plate, rear right tail light cover, some light bulbs, tail light small parts in yesterday, still waiting on the new oil pump ?, might make it here sat or mon ?. got plans this sat to go scout some hunting land with the guy that i did his '84 atc125m, he's gonna let me hunt on his land for 2-3 yrs in exchange for fixing his 3-wheeler !. muzzle loading starts here sat, headed down there , he's gonna show me around, do some target practice maybe, and finally get to fire my new 92x compact beretta !.

• Like 6

Have a relaxing time down there, put some miles on the 450.  Sounds like a good offer from your buddy.....

• Like 2

finally got back sat night, had a great time, shot my 30-30 a lot !, fire 2 mag's through the beretta 92x , 9m, dang good gun !. got the new and old oil pump in sat while i was down south, jeep has paid for the old pump, i am gonna put the new pump in the engine when i get the time. soon as i get back in shape ( road around alot down there, little out of shape, spec trying to sleep in my truck !..that sucked !!! ), anyway, i'll jump back on this trx500tm soon !.

• Like 4

update: got the engine back together. kinda was thrown back on where the new oil pump was made ?..MEXICO !..LOL. engine is all painted for now. also installed all new upper and lower ball joints this morning, as you can see in one of the pic's, she has her wheels on temp right now, had to let her down, roll her back to make room to paint the engine :-).

IMG_1346.JPG

IMG_1347.JPG

IMG_1348.JPG

IMG_1349.JPG

IMG_1350.JPG

• Like 6

I guess we can call them Honda'maracas now!!! LOL 

Looking good !!!

Derf was asking about you in Chat last night , I said I bet he is putting that engine back together , thought the entire bike  would be finished this morning 

Bet that 2wd 500 would be a fun bike to ride.  Without all the weight in the front end it ought to have a little pep to it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Bet that 2wd 500 would be a fun bike to ride.  Without all the weight in the front end it ought to have a little pep to it.

A water bike !!! 

• Haha 1

how ... did i know this was coming up... lol! fish thats probobly what killed it... in the first place ... I'm sure the fire didnt help ether... 

update: motor in frame, wire harness cleaned and installed, ran a few quick ele test to see what all dash lights work ?, so far everything seems to be working. here's a few pic's of the progress.

IMG_1351.JPG

IMG_1352.JPG

IMG_1353.JPG

• Like 7

On 10/20/2020 at 5:10 PM, jeepwm69 said:

Jeep, sounds like shade has a buyer when it's finished.....lol

1 minute ago, bcsman said:

Jeep, sounds like shade has a buyer when it's finished.....lol

Ha, I have 4-5 of these in the yard (all 4wd).  If I wanted a 2wd I'd build one!

I don't have anything 2wd.  Too much mud where I ride.

• Like 2

Where's the front differential??? hah. I did NOT even know they made 500s in only 2wd.  Do they still offer them without 4wd?