1 minute ago, sled_22 said:

Where's the front differential??? hah. I did NOT even know they made 500s in only 2wd.  Do they still offer them without 4wd?

05-06 only.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

update: have not touched this in a few days, but i did just order a carb rebuild kit for the carb ( shindy ), be a few days before this comes in. been wet and cold here lately, not in a hurry to jump back on this project.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

update: have not touched this in a few days, but i did just order a carb rebuild kit for the carb ( shindy ), be a few days before this comes in. been wet and cold here lately, not in a hurry to jump back on this project.

You keep hanging with me and your going to get not in a hurry  !!!   Finish that project so you can start a new one !!! LOL    What's next ?

• Haha 2

update: been a min or two sense i had my hands on this project !. deer season kinda took first place..lol. anyway, had a chance to dabble on the carb this afternoon, got that all back together and installed on engine, then i quit for the time being.

• Like 2

Wow I like these kinds of threads! Your paint job looks amazing. And that engine re-do looks brand spanking new!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, freebo86 said:

Wow I like these kinds of threads! Your paint job looks amazing. And that engine re-do looks brand spanking new!!

thanks !. i always do a ground up restoration when i take a project on. engine has been gone through completely, then a fresh coat of paint. i still got a very long way to go before its put up for sale ?, but i'm not in a hurry..lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shadetree said:

thanks !. i always do a ground up restoration when i take a project on. engine has been gone through completely, then a fresh coat of paint. i still got a very long way to go before its put up for sale ?, but i'm not in a hurry..lol.

Yah, even the shocks look new! Are they? Or are they some aftermarket option?

30 minutes ago, freebo86 said:

Yah, even the shocks look new! Are they? Or are they some aftermarket option?

not new, old shocks..lol.

• Like 1

update: had a chance to mess with this project, went and bought 4 qrts of honda oil from my dealer, got back home, put that in, rounded up choke cable ( new ), noticed i did not have the rubber boot that goes on the carb end of the cable ?, no biggie, engine still should crank and run. went to put my test fuel line on the carb to get some fuel into it from my trusty pump can, and then the carb fell off the repaired intake insulator boot i tried re-using, yeah, that did not end well..lol. pure junk, had to order a new one, and a few other new needed parts, taxes and all, was 88 bucks. i wanted to do a test fire on this engine ?, but now i can't ( yes..i know i could have squirted gas right into the intake on the head ) until i get the new intake boot insulator, so..for now..again i am on hold.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

update: my new parts showed up saturday, i will ( try ? ) to get them installed today some time , and do a test fire. my lower back is messed up pretty bad ( no clue how ?..have not lifted anything heavy lately ?? , and see if this project will once again run ? ( i never doubt my work..lol )..this has been one very large ( expensive ) restoration to say the least !. still need to get my '03 trx450fm out of my truck bed, went one last time to the deer woods saturday morning, never seen 1 deer ?..cept the one i almost ran into on the way there on the highway ?..rofl. i noticed my rear brake arm on my '03 trx450fm was not moving any when i had it in the truck bed loaded up for the ride home ?, i need to see what's up with that ?, prob needs some grease on the cam by now ?. anyway..will update this project as soon as i get to the shop, and install these new parts. 

• Like 4

update; for all that want to know ?, i had time to get a test fire, and as always ( pats self on back ).she lives !.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Old man old me once , " Blind hog will  finds an acorn every now and then  " , LOL ---  Congratulations !! 

• Like 3

Your restorations always look great but I've been a little curious as to why you paint the engines vs leaving them bare aluminum and how well the paint holds up.

• Like 1

I had the honor to be the first to hear it start up , over the phone ---- sounds good .... 

• Like 2

if i had just answered the phone...... maybe I'll learn one of these days.... lol congrats shade, i hope that back is feeling better! 

14 hours ago, slowindown said:

Your restorations always look great but I've been a little curious as to why you paint the engines vs leaving them bare aluminum and how well the paint holds up.

the paint ( silver ) holds up very well, i paint them silver because bare aluminum looks ugly, shows mud stains and everything else, so, i paint them silver, one of my trade marks :-).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

if i had just answered the phone...... maybe I'll learn one of these days.... lol congrats shade, i hope that back is feeling better! 

lol, hey..i called you first..as always..you never answer ?..so..i called fish second..lol.

• Haha 2

yeah, yeah, yeah... i know, just another one I'll never live down.... hey! at least i don't own a es machine.. lol, and yes I'm passing this to Bcs, and derf. 

4 minutes ago, shadetree said:

the paint ( silver ) holds up very well, i paint them silver because bare aluminum looks ugly, shows mud stains and everything else, so, i paint them silver, one of my trade marks :-).

What's the paint code? "polished tin man silver"

looks good buddy!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

About time, ya slacker!

lol, deer hunting took first place..lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I had the honor to be the first to hear it start up , over the phone ---- sounds good .... 

Suck up...lol

• Haha 1