just checked the tracking number for my parts from 1080, no oil pump in little rock, but the dang brake panel is there !? ( thank god ! ), i dont know what the heck took place once my parts left kemp,tx ?, but i'm not a happy camper one bit !. if i dont get my oil pump by monday ?, i will ask for my money back..THIS IS NOT HOW YOU IMPRESS A MOD ON THIS FORUM !..LOL. gonna go out to the shop here in a bit, and start putting the engine together as far as i can ?, then work with some other parts that i have to replace. ya'll say a prayer for me !..rofl.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Com'On'Man , give da'brother  a break  , once it left 1080's hand it went postal , don't go postal on him , if you want to go postal on someone , round up the mailman you sold that 500 to last year  , it's them post office personal that is the scum of the earth  , they be business right now throwing away all the Trump mail in votes ----  LOL ------------ look what happened to me today , my package came 7 days earlier than it was scheduled to , and the part didn't work out , am I P.O.'ed , sure , but at myself for messing with them Chinese clowns >>>>  it is what it is  ----   Taking about saying a prayer , I am going to say one for 1080 , Lord , please let that package arrive today or membership might go down --- LOL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

i have a few family members who worked / work for the postal service .... i never really had an issue but now there's alot of temp drivers ... who are not even trained on the routs... the old school way.. and some are just lieving the job out right. can't say i blame them.....so....quality of service has dropped.  

• Sad 1

UPDATE: well, i got as far as i could, seeing how i still don't have my oil pump and fan ?, so now i must wait until monday, if my pump is not here by the end of the day monday ?, i will ask for my money back, i dont have time to dittle dattle around, playing '' where's my parts '' !!!, screw that crap. so for now, i am on hold on the engine, guess i will go back to cleaning the frame and other parts for now, i'm not a happy camper right now, fair warning !!! : my blood pressure is through the roof right now !.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

if my pump is not here by the end of the day monday ?, i will ask for my money back, i dont have time to dittle dattle around, playing '' where's my parts '' !!!, screw that crap.

Ask for someone to refund you for an issue that is completely outside of their control?

Treat others... you would not like it if someone pulled that on you. Assume you did everything right on the seller end... would you want to pay for that mistake?

Cost of doing business... I understand but just please consider not putting the burden of refund on the seller. If the package gets actually lost you will get money back.

Can you maybe just get a new pump now and keep the other used one for a later project?

Sorry for your blood pressure... I know stuff like this is frustrating and even worse when you hold yourself to a standard others do not (USPS). 
Whatever you do will eventually work out. The rebuild is looking great! Poor bike's life was saved and that makes the world better.

Got me sounding like a ! hippy but today is beautiful. Maybe take some time away?

3 hours ago, shadetree said:

UPDATE: well, i got as far as i could, seeing how i still don't have my oil pump and fan ?, so now i must wait until monday, if my pump is not here by the end of the day monday ?, i will ask for my money back, i dont have time to dittle dattle around, playing '' where's my parts '' !!!, screw that crap. so for now, i am on hold on the engine, guess i will go back to cleaning the frame and other parts for now, i'm not a happy camper right now, fair warning !!! : my blood pressure is through the roof right now !.

Thats just wrong, crying like a 5yr old....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TBRider said:

Thats just wrong, crying like a 5yr old....

tell ya what..you pay for the next part...how about that ?. if ya ain't got nothing good to say..then don't say anything.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, oh400ex said:

Ask for someone to refund you for an issue that is completely outside of their control?

Treat others... you would not like it if someone pulled that on you. Assume you did everything right on the seller end... would you want to pay for that mistake?

Cost of doing business... I understand but just please consider not putting the burden of refund on the seller. If the package gets actually lost you will get money back.

Can you maybe just get a new pump now and keep the other used one for a later project?

Sorry for your blood pressure... I know stuff like this is frustrating and even worse when you hold yourself to a standard others do not (USPS). 
Whatever you do will eventually work out. The rebuild is looking great! Poor bike's life was saved and that makes the world better.

Got me sounding like a ! hippy but today is beautiful. Maybe take some time away?

well..for starters..if i sold a part to some one, and they did not get it in a certain amount of time ?, then yes, i would refund them..i'm too honest ..maybe i need to start ripping folks off ?..hmmm..i'll think about that part. the good news is, at least i got the rear brake panel in today, so not all faith is lost...yet !. monday is a holiday, so he's got a couple more days for it to show. your prob right, i should just buy a new pump, at least i know it will get here !..lol. last but not least...this is NOT my build, this is for the guy i work with..its HIS money that is footing the bill on this..not me !.

• Like 2

gone as far as i can go on the engine build until i get an oil pump ?, started working on the front hubs/brakes/a-arms...what a mess !..lol.

IMG_1329.JPG

IMG_1330.JPG

IMG_1331.JPG

• Like 3

Man those cases look great.

Is that oven cleaner and wire wheel?

Only problem is now everything else looks so good the fins are standing out 😂

Aside from blasting and acid I have never found anything good for that

14 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

Man those cases look great.

Is that oven cleaner and wire wheel?

Only problem is now everything else looks so good the fins are standing out 😂

Aside from blasting and acid I have never found anything good for that

wire wheel. trust me, when i paint it ?, you will never see those fins...cept silver ?..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TBRider said:

How far has the call to the post office got you?

its all automated, lol, i gave up..course...you knew this...right ?..lol. ( and yes..i did try to call them ).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, shadetree said:

this is NOT my build, this is for the guy i work with..its HIS money that is footing the bill on this..not me !.

exactly!! ^^ 

• Thanks 1

update: after stopping on the engine build, i tore into the front a-arms, and sure enough, both upper and lower ball joints are shot..and i mean falling apart shot !..lol. the good news is, these were the last parts on the suspension that wears out !!. i think i've bought all new everything so far to replace front to back by now ?. only body work now that has to be tackled, and those parts will add up as well ( sigh ). but i'm not giving up the ship just yet !!!.

• Like 3

looking good shade .... 

what few dont know ... is, it's a big defrence ... when your using someone else's money... that's trust, and dependability.... in my book, PLUS, but a rare thing this day in time.... same as loaning your equipment out... you trust them to treat it right,where as some don't care .... but just getting the job done. BEEN THERE HAVE THE BOOK.  

• Like 2

update: got one coat of paint on the frame ( ran out of gloss black, and not braving wally world today !..lol ), got some of the rear end together, foot brake pedal all cleaned up, greased, foot brake cable installed. taking a break right now. NO i am not done with painting, i will dress her up more when i get more gloss black :-).

IMG_1339.JPG

IMG_1340.JPG

• Like 3

pic's do not show brake cover on, or brake cable ?, but its on there !..lol. i'll post more pic's after while, my foot/leg is killing me right now.

On 10/9/2020 at 5:31 PM, shadetree said:

@jeepwm69, sorry bro. catfish wanted the used parts from the trx500tm today when he dropped off the cylinder, crank, and piston kit, i said you could have them ?, but he asked for them, had to hand them over seeing how he paid for brand new parts.

No problem man.  As long as they aren't getting tossed out. 

• Like 2

update: got a text alert that my parts from 1080 LEFT MEMPHIS,TN AGAIN AT 9:24 AM THIS MORNING ?!!..ROFL. well...too freaking late, i ordered a brand new oil pump from rocky mountain atv ( and some other small parts to get free shipping ), and they are already shipped out. so...either way..i'm gonna finish this engine come h__l or high water ?!..lol. upper and lower ball joints i ordered show to be here tomorrow by FEDEX !!.( that i don't have a problem with.. unlike some do ? ), so i will be able to get the front end back together somewhat :-).

• Like 2

Just now, jeepwm69 said:

No problem man.  As long as they aren't getting tossed out. 

yeah..if you know marvin at all ?, he re-uses ANYTHING !!!..ROFL.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shadetree said:

update: got a text alert that my parts from 1080 LEFT MEMPHIS,TN AGAIN AT 9:24 AM THIS MORNING ?!!..ROFL. well...too freaking late, i ordered a brand new oil pump from rocky mountain atv ( and some other small parts to get free shipping ), and they are already shipped out. so...either way..i'm gonna finish this engine come h__l or high water ?!..lol. upper and lower ball joints i ordered show to be here tomorrow by FEDEX !!.( that i don't have a problem with.. unlike some do ? ), so i will be able to get the front end back together somewhat :-).

I'll buy the used oil pump from you from 1080.  Won't hurt to have a spare around.   PM me your paypal and I'll get it from you next time I see you.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I'll buy the used oil pump from you from 1080.  Won't hurt to have a spare around.   PM me your paypal and I'll get it from you next time I see you.

will do, that part i can get rid of !..lol. should i mail it to ya ?..rofl.

• Haha 1

update: got a few things painted and installed, here's some pic's for what little progress i've got done :-).

IMG_1341.JPG

IMG_1342.JPG

IMG_1343.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG

• Like 4