1 minute ago, shadetree said:

rofl..ya just had to go there !..lol.

Sometimes ya just can't win huh?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bcsman said:

Sometimes ya just can't win huh?

yeah..but the fight must go on !..lol.

• Like 1

gonna head out to the shop , see if i can get something done on this project ?, back is still not great right now , so i'll have to take it easy for sure !. will update later.

• Like 1

got the muffler installed, ran into a set back on the carb, slide was not moving up when operating the throttle ?, tore back into it, not sure what the problem was ?, but put it back together and the slide starting working like it should, only thing i can think of is the diaphragm was not sealed all the way on the top ??, nc ?, but its working correctly now. 

IMG_1445.JPG

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Now you know you're supposed to paint that muffler SILVER! 

lol, well..i wanted to change things up a bit , and besides..this is not my complete restoration, this is for cat fish..it will do..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

update: hey outlaws, sorry i have not updated this thread much ?, been very busy !. here is a few progress pics of where i am so far. i had to stop on this project, and started in on a 2016 trx420fm for someone, he sunk it, doing a full engine rebuild, a fast 400.00 bucks for me. anyway, here is some progress pics on this 2005 trx500fm for now. oh, and one pic of what is left of this 2016 trx420fm piston !..lol. yeah..you water and mud waters riders..keep doing what ya do ?..I LOVE MAKING MONEY !..LOL.

IMG_1447.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG

IMG_1449.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

• Like 8

But but but I didnt get any water in my fuel tank....lol

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

update: hey outlaws, sorry i have not updated this thread much ?, been very busy !. here is a few progress pics of where i am so far. i had to stop on this project, and started in on a 2016 trx420fm for someone, he sunk it, doing a full engine rebuild, a fast 400.00 bucks for me. anyway, here is some progress pics on this 2005 trx500fm for now. oh, and one pic of what is left of this 2016 trx420fm piston !..lol. yeah..you water and mud waters riders..keep doing what ya do ?..I LOVE MAKING MONEY !..LOL.

IMG_1447.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG

IMG_1449.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

You think that 420 will need a crank?  They don't make them like they used to!

• Like 1

I'm gonna save that pic to show folks what hydrolock means, if'n ya don't mind shadetree? Thats a classic!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, retro said:

I'm gonna save that pic to show folks what hydrolock means, if'n ya don't mind shadetree? Thats a classic!

Meh, I hydrolocked my new V10 6.8l. We do things bigger in AK 😝

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, retro said:

be my guest !.

• Like 2

Agreed. Given the level of corrosion, especially on the aluminum parts, seems like it sucked in water and sat for a couple years. Only thing left to do is Vin number change. 😁

@shadetree how well does the paint on the exhaust pipe and muffler hold up? Seems like it would burn off pretty quickly 

21 hours ago, Tim-ANC said:

@shadetree how well does the paint on the exhaust pipe and muffler hold up? Seems like it would burn off pretty quickly 

paint holds pretty good, i normally use BBQ paint ?, but i ran out, and this is not mine, this is just a fixer upper to sell.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 7:35 PM, slowindown said:

That's a mess shade.  Impressive that you can fix it.

yeah..its a mess alright. nothing to fixing them, just takes time, and a lot of money !..lol.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 12:58 PM, jeepwm69 said:

You think that 420 will need a crank?  They don't make them like they used to!

yes, crank was totally shot, installed a brand new crank from honda, right now, this guy is down $ 596.02 in parts, not counting my $ 400.00 labor charge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

paint holds pretty good, i normally use BBQ paint ?, but i ran out, and this is not mine, this is just a fixer upper to sell.

Ah, BBQ paint, that's clever 

On 2/7/2021 at 10:57 AM, Tim-ANC said:

Ah, BBQ paint, that's clever 

yep, BBQ paint is rated to 1200F, i have had great luck with it holding up on my own toys.

• Like 2

just wanted to give an update on what i have been doing lately seeing how i've been MIA !..lol. first, got the 2016 trx420 rebuilt for the guy, he road it for about a week, calls me up this friday night, says it died , cranks,wont run ?, i tell him to bring it to me, STOP CRANKING ON IT !. got fire, got fuel, wont run ?, noticed it had a slight back fire from the throttle body, tells me its out of time. i pull the motor, pull the front to inspect the cam chain slack adjuster, was only worried about this part, because i installed a brand new cam chain. everything looked great up front. now to the back, pulled rear cover, got the flywheel off, flywheel had sheered the keyway !. swapped that out, all back together, started at 9:24 pm friday night, finished at 3:00am sat morning. have not heard back from him yet ?..must be good !..lol. yes..i did this work for free this go around...thats how i roll at times.

I hope to start back in on this '05 trx500tm soon, it needs to get out of my hair, sooo..watch for updates soon !.

• Like 9

Glad you're still kicking.  Yesterday when I was wrenching I thought "Shade's been quiet lately, probably outta poke him and make sure he's still there"

• Like 3

" Guess who's back , Shade's back , tell a friend  "  no kidding those are the first words of an Eminem song 

fullsizeoutput_da8.jpeg

• Like 2