balljoints

Service Manual Downloads

46 minutes ago, JustWendyNow said:

2006-2016 Honda TRX90X Service/Repair Manual 

You're welcome! ☺️

2006-2016-Honda-TRX90_Service_Manual_Repair__Trx_90_90ex.pdf 28.49 MB · 0 downloads

Welcome!

Thank you for the contribution!

Balljoints already had this manual in the collection though...

Drill down to Honda > Sport Quads > TRX 90 and you will see the download for the manual.

Sometimes they could be labeled differently but most are there somewhere lol

Edit: 2013 -2016 was missing

Edited by oh400ex

20 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

Thank you for the contribution!

Balljoints already had this manual in the collection though...

Drill down to Honda > Sport Quads > TRX 90 and you will see the download for the manual.

Sometimes they could be labeled differently but most are there somewhere lol

I don't see it for the model years I posted...but oops my bad I guess. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JustWendyNow said:

I don't see it for the model years I posted...but oops my bad I guess. 

No you're right.

Existing one is for model 2006-2012 and yours is 06-16 (newer)

Don't think there are many differences but always better to have the most updated version!

Even if it was the same manual... I know I'm not alone in appreciating the contribution!

If you like... post an introduction and tell us a bit about what you did with it.

I would guess you have a few other bikes and this is one you fixed for your kid.

Thanks again!

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 2

Hi guys, I’ve got a foreman 450 es and want to download a manual for it but not sure what year model it is.... how do I find out as I’ve already checked it all over for a sticker of plate to tell me

cheers

2 hours ago, The_wanderer said:

Hi guys, I’ve got a foreman 450 es and want to download a manual for it but not sure what year model it is.... how do I find out as I’ve already checked it all over for a sticker of plate to tell me

cheers

On my 98 ,the VIN is on the front crossmember under the front fenders. Very top flat L Shaped cross member. VIN is on top surface. I have seen someone here say which letter signifies the VIN. I don't recall.

Post a pic of the front/side of your bike(super easy on this site) and I'm sure someone can shout out the year of it. Being a 450. I 'think' they only offered them for a few years. I have a 450S that's a 98(first year). 04 is the end of that 'square' body style then they got a face lift. I'm not sure, though, what the look of the new one was. Post that first generation they moved to front disk brakes...but I'm not sure if the 450 survived beyond the first few years. Still learning myself

Edited by 87Iroc
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 87Iroc said:

On my 98 ,the VIN is on the front crossmember under the front fenders. Very top flat L Shaped cross member. VIN is on top surface. I have seen someone here say which letter signifies the VIN. I don't recall.

Post a pic of the front/side of your bike(super easy on this site) and I'm sure someone can shout out the year of it. Being a 450. I 'think' they only offered them for a few years. I have a 450S that's a 98(first year). 04 is the end of that 'square' body style then they got a face lift. I'm not sure, though, what the look of the new one was. Post that first generation they moved to front disk brakes...but I'm not sure if the 450 survived beyond the first few years. Still learning myself

Thanks for that.... I’ll have another look when I back over to it on Monday... 

cheers

13 hours ago, The_wanderer said:

cheers

Does your 450 have a winch , the winch plate might be covering the vin # ---- give me your engine number and I can most likely  tell you the year of the engine ---- you can narrow the year span down some , if it is full time 4wd then it is a 98-2001 , if it has a 4wd/2wd switch then it is 2002-2004 , post a pic of your atv   

Does yours have a 2WD 4WD selector near the throttle? If not most likely it is the earlier model.

here are pix of an 03 showing that squared front end of the earlier design, but the 4x4 Traxlox sticker indicating the drive selector option.

6D5318E9-4B5F-46D9-BF45-6B6568436D74.jpeg

6B305336-CF65-40A7-A18E-3395F8DC3CF4.jpeg

Edited by Goober

After looking at Goober's pic , I noticed the handle bars looked different to me , and I have both gen 450s , so I looked at the parts list and they show two different handle bars for the first and second gen , I have never noticed that before today and I ride both of them --- going to look today to see the difference , looks like the 2nd gen might be a little higher , mini ape hangers 

12 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

After looking at Goober's pic , I noticed the handle bars looked different to me , and I have both gen 450s , so I looked at the parts list and they show two different handle bars for the first and second gen , I have never noticed that before today and I ride both of them --- going to look today to see the difference , looks like the 2nd gen might be a little higher , mini ape hangers 

Walked out and checked them handle bars , seems the rise ( 6 inches )  is the same , but it looks like the 2nd gen ( red ) might be wider , hard to tell not being side by side and one was covered 

pics of 1st gen with welded hitch to tube  , 2nd gen bolt on hitch to tube 

fullsizeoutput_e0a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_e0b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_e0c.jpeg

O5sg9BuvTGaK4E4rJPLVVQ.jpg

Thanks guys.... seems like I might have the earlier one, no 4x4 selector.

also seems like the sticker has rubber off/been removed from the front of the frame.

feel I should add that this bike is in Australia too if that makes any difference.

where abouts will I find an engine number?? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Hi @The_wanderer, the VIN is stamped into the frame on the steel cross member just behind the bumper. See the screen shot from the service manual:

model-id.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the screen shot.., that helped , 

the vin number isnt clear enough even after a bit of wire brushing and cleaning... the engine number however was great... 

00E6F6C1-0270-48CB-BF6F-CF9D2F15BF17.jpeg

• Like 1

In the states the 81----- motor number would make it a 1999 or 2000 model.

• Like 1

Hey, 2021 TRX520FA6M (thats from the bill of sale) - looking for the service manual. I see they changed from 500-520 somewhere in the last few years. Am I SOL on a free pdf manual? I found one on Helm for $50. Where I live tends to necessitate all my own wrenching so I generally seek these out for my vehicles. 

Cheers for the advice and thanks for posting these!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hankrutherfordhill said:

Hey, 2021 TRX520FA6M (thats from the bill of sale) - looking for the service manual. I see they changed from 500-520 somewhere in the last few years. Am I SOL on a free pdf manual? I found one on Helm for $50. Where I live tends to necessitate all my own wrenching so I generally seek these out for my vehicles. 

Cheers for the advice and thanks for posting these!

On E-bay I only found two choices for your atv , I seen one sold as a disc , and one was a paper  manual but it was in French and in Canada ,  vous parlez Français ----   LOL ---- you might have to pay the price and buy it from Honda 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

On E-bay I only found two choices for your atv , I seen one sold as a disc , and one was a paper  manual but it was in French and in Canada ,  vous parlez Français ----   LOL ---- you might have to pay the price and buy it from Honda 

I'm not averse to the dealer route - but I can't even seem to find that. I am in Canada btw but not French. Could you send a link to the cd?

Looking for a manual on the 2000 foreman TRX 450ES. Right now just for a fuse diagram. Currently running 2 10a, 2 15 and 2 30 but I’ve got an empty fuse slot and not sure which fuse to put in.