Herrindude

new from fairhope al

I wa just given a 2003 rubicon and it is not running. I had to buy anew ignition switch and am trying to charge a 2 year old battery, so i got alot of work to do. I hope i can find info here to get er running.

• Like 2

Hi. Welcome. I’m sure someone here will be able able to help ya out! Tons of knowledge here!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome, as hurricane sandy is due south from my house right now, i just got a new ignition switch in and the lights will come on. The battery wont hold a charge so i topped it off with distilled water and it seems to be charging good now, so maybe it will spin over in a while. I am dodging wing gusts up to 50 mph so i have to pick and choose when to work on it as i have an open carport.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum, hope you come thru the hurricane ok...

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum !!! I am 1hour and 45 minutes to your east in Lacombe , Louisiana 

Welcome to ATV Honda! Start a thread on your repairs so we can follow your progress if ya wish?

I didn't want to go off topic in your intro thread... was hoping that you'd start another thread. But I gotta warn ya, that battery is junk... don't try to run it with that battery in it else ya risk frying the regulator/rectifier or the stator. And if the regulator shorts internally your CDI could get fried by excessive voltage (greater than 16.5 volts fries 'em) as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Herrindude said:

fishfiles were you damaged during the last hurricane?

No , that one went to the west , Lake Charles got it bad ...

Herrindude , I agree with Retro , I would bite the bullet and buy a new battery if it is  two years old and dead   and start yourself a thread  >>>>   I have been buying Duracell batteries , they are a little bit more expensive than the cheapies , they are about $125 now but come with a 24 month warranty , I hvae quite a few and have never had to replace one yet  ----- I was married the first time in Mobile , Alabama , spent a lot of time on Dolphin Island at in laws place 

The hurricane has passed and the house stands but carport was ripped off and landed on our car. No power, trees and power lines down everywhere , its A BIG mess. But I thank God that only 1 death and one missing   My brothers house has tree thu roof into living room.  It was worse than anyone imagined   

B6A3EB18-584D-4DFB-8322-C480203E5D99.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2