shadetree

1984 atc125m top end work.

hit a snag today, not sure what dummy thought it was a good idea to install the valve guides wrong ?, but lets see if anyone can see what the problem is ??!!..lol.

IMG_1278.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheeler said:

Taper down?

6E10D84A-C20A-4620-BB12-9E189B0F2C65.png

Well, i would almost say your correct ?..but nope...your wrong !..lol. i thought the very same thing !. i've been doing this 29 yrs bro, and my first thought was some dummy installed the valve guide in upside down ?, but then i looked at the other end under the valve lip, and sure enough, it was tapered as well !!. i have no freaking idea what is going on with this valve guide ?..but what i do know is ?..ITS NOT RIGHT !..LOL. i got another head off a trx125 ( same head/rockers ), got it all together late last night, got the china carb back on, discovered the starter solenoid is bad, got to locate one of those, and one of the fuel nipples was snapped off, still on the fuel tank line ?!..grr..THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T BUY/INSTALL CHINA CRAP !!. needless to say..i did get it all back together and running, but it wont run right with this china carb. started on putting the engine back together around 8:30pm last night, quit around 4:00am this morning.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

My 85 TRX125 solenoid is the same as a 300.  Go rob Catfish again!

rofl...ya know..i hate it...when you know what i'm gonna do !...lol. yeah, i've got to make another run to his place for more parts, gotta love it when you got a bone yard to pick from huh ?..lol.

• Like 2

Looks like there might be 3 Honda Take off Carbs on Ebay. 70 dollar range.

1 minute ago, 87Iroc said:

Looks like there might be 3 Honda Take off Carbs on Ebay. 70 dollar range.

i put an offer in on one of them, 70 bucks or best offer, tossed 50 at him, have not heard back yet. the one i put offer on, he ain't showing one of the mounting studs ?. nothing i can't fix though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that guide had me baffled ... i was thinking it was not driven down far enough .. 

its driven down all the way, but its not the correct valve guide !.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ya I was thinking it was upside down & taper always goes down. Very odd.. 

• Like 1