A&M OFFROAD

Carrier bearing

34 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

Makes total sense. The seals won't do their job because of the wear on the mating surface and will let debris in eventually (sooner than later) ruining the bearings.

That would also explain why I wouldn't have much wear even though I may have reinstalled with some damage to the hub. Water and grit.

Thank you for the clarification! 

Your welcome bro! What we are all here for. I have found the limit of the 400ex on many occasions. And dont want others to make the same mistakes i did. Or someone else did and i found out the hard way lol

• Like 1

Well my carrier is ripped to shreds in that brake side. Like it's missing a ton of metal. I'll probably just put it all back together and order the new brake side. Cause I'm trying to stay cheap lol

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, A&M OFFROAD said:

Well my carrier is ripped to shreds in that brake side. Like it's missing a ton of metal. I'll probably just put it all back together and order the new brake side. Cause I'm trying to stay cheap lol

Dude that sucks. Atleast you caught it before it ruined the sprocket hub. That one is a real pain to press off. Its easier in alot of cases to just change the whole axle.

Is there any way to loose those lock nuts/jam nut things with out it being on the axle? The smaller one will not budge on the threaded piece and it's not far enough down to get it tight. And I don't wanna have to buy another one for $50 

Heat!!!!! Hit it with a torch and it will move for sure bud. To do it off the axle you would need something with splines on it to slide it over. No better way. Also remember the jam nut is reverse threaded. Once you get it off you will want to hit it with a wire wheel and cover it in wd40 or some sort of lubricant. It should be able to turn all the way across the threaded sleeve by hand when you get it good and clean.

• Like 2

I got everything back on besides the tires so tomorrow I'm gonna get everything back on and hop it will hold out for my ride Saturday. Thanks everyone for all the help

• Like 1