87Iroc

Old man shifter

messed up foot this past weekend and it’s slowly doing something.  Hopefully getting better.  

Foot shifter has been whacked a bit since I got it on the road. Found out it isn’t factory. Folding one off motorcycle. Pins were wore out and made part foot contacted loose.  

inspecting RMATV I realized Foreman’s is a solid piece.  Put one on order along with a shifter extension(15” moose).  Really like both.  Foot is thanking me(and wife will let me ride atv while foot heals)

shifter extension fits perfect with plastic.  Had to persuade it outboard a bit but it’s just the right length. 

29874429-8B59-4DA9-A190-F4E562794128.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by 87Iroc
  • Like 4

Yep , I have a couple of them  Moose foot shifter , 22 incher on my 450 and 15 inchers on my 300s , I like them , works well when your mudding and you are standing with both feet on the same floorboard or if you have to walk it out a hole 

I think you should look into converting your bike to ES with your foot and all , and then  with all your China stuff , we can have a ball in Chat !!! , LOL  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

the only reason its hard to shift with your foot ( a good foot ! ), is because you got those stupid floor boards on there !. this is the number one reason when i get a atv, and those are on it ?, they go straight to the trash !!.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@87Iroc i added one too.... when i was having back issues .... but when back issues went away so did the shifter (shevled) just didn't fit what i was used, but i hope it helps you use your foot less, so you can heal up quickly. this is why the foot shift has become popular around here with older farmers with leg foot, and other issues that bother them all the time. 

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

the only reason its hard to shift with your foot ( a good foot ! ), is because you got those stupid floor boards on there !. this is the number one reason when i get a atv, and those are on it ?, they go straight to the trash !!.

shade.  For you if it doesn’t look the way it did in 1986 it’s trash.  Lol. I may try removing them. But for now they were free. 

If you ever ride rough trails and let the tip of your foot hang down and your toes hit a root or the mud.  Then you will love “ foot guards “ aka floorboards 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

If you ever ride rough trails and let the tip of your foot hang down and your toes hit a root or the mud.  Then you will love “ foot guards “ aka floorboards 

if your dumb enough to let your toe of your foot hang down in front of the foot rest ?, then you need to stop riding atvs !..lol. oh...and i don't know...?..stay out of the mud holes ?!...lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 87Iroc said:

shade.  For you if it doesn’t look the way it did in 1986 it’s trash.  Lol. I may try removing them. But for now they were free. 

this has nothing...and i mean nothing to do with when it was made ?..this is an after market product that does more harm than good. ride with your foot level ?..problem solved !.

• Like 1

Or as some of us do, shift with your thumb....problem solved.....lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, bcsman said:

Whoa😂  Bahzinga!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, bcsman said:

how did i know that was coming ? haha! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, shadetree said:

if your dumb enough to let your toe of your foot hang down in front of the foot rest ?, then you need to stop riding atvs !..lol

lol.... i did that just once ... i still recall the day .. it was with my 85 250a ... very 1st year i had it ... i had made a trail .. (mile long  i cleared all roots .. and wire .that i knew of ... one day my friend Keith .. and i were riding back to our land .. he was in front .. when we  crossed the old fence line and his 300 kicked up a line i missed .. and i hooked it with my left shoe ..took the end of my shoe off... its never happened again .. 

• Like 2

I would rank floorboards up there as one of the most needed upgrades out there for me , I spend a lot of time standing up while maneuvering the ruts  , also spend a lot of time standing with both feet on the same side on the floorboards , you can't do that with foot pegs ----we ride our bikes different down here , guess you can call it extreme riding , I would also go as far and say , we  ride a lot more than 90% + of the people on this site , we don't have a riding season , you can ride 52 weeks a year , it never does get really cold , and a set of waders and a Gor-tex rain jack is all you need in the winter 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I would rank floorboards up there as one of the most needed upgrades out there for me

I'm really conflicted on this one...

For utility quads I really don't like them. Sticks and such tend to get caught in the mesh and I don't like having to fit my boot into a hole. (Size 13)

Design of the floorboards is really important. I do not like the ones on my wife's 300 and they look very similar to the ones above.

For sport quads...

Nerf bars are an absolute must have for me. I once almost broke my leg after my foot slipped off and pulled me under the bike.

I have never seen it happen but know people who have gotten seriously hurt in a situation where nerf bars would have saved them.

33 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

I'm really conflicted on this one...

For utility quads I really don't like them. Sticks and such tend to get caught in the mesh and I don't like having to fit my boot into a hole. (Size 13)

Design of the floorboards is really important. I do not like the ones on my wife's 300 and they look very similar to the ones above.

For sport quads...

Nerf bars are an absolute must have for me. I once almost broke my leg after my foot slipped off and pulled me under the bike.

I have never seen it happen but know people who have gotten seriously hurt in a situation where nerf bars would have saved them.

Riding one without floor boards , I have had my foot slip off the peg and I rolled over it with the tire before , lucky I didn't break it , my buddy with his Can-Am rolled over his foot last year and broke his leg  ----  my favorite floor boards are Savant for about $110 a set  , made right here in the Great State of Louisiana , I have quite a few different ones , a couple of sets I made my self , it ain't worth building them as they are really cheap ---- going to have to call you Big Foot ( size 13 ) , I wear a 9 1/2  ----- The Savants have a recess for your foot , even though I have the  15 inch Moose shift on this one I still shift by foot a lot 

ROJ%riTERgucYq%cMumj3A.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oh400ex said:

i would also think they would also help with body English on the track .. (for those race guys) but floor boards not so much on a utilty machine .. 12.5 size shoe here.. lol. doesn't make always easy to shift the peg .. with such a shoe size hanging out there ... 

I see both sides ofthe story , I can see you guys that only ride around on the grass in the back yard and have big feet not needing  floor boards , but for us  real mudders they are a necessity , LOL zx

fullsizeoutput_d3d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d3b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_d3c.jpeg

• Like 1

Floorboards are a necessity for me too. The woods here cannot be riden through without them. No way to keep from rolling the bike down into ravines. If ya got no floorboards and yer following me through the woods..? Then ya gonna have to park it & walk or wreck it trying.

• Like 3

i reckon we all have our own thoughts / opions ....i have them on my 2000 300,  but not on the 97 .. 300...  ... i cover some steep (which if you stood youd tip over) ground, and deep creek crossings hauling wood ... (some know this) ... so yes there's a plus and minus side .. but i have yet to ride on a steep hill that required foot rest .. plus with some models like cmp .. you can get hooked if you have to bail off ... if you have a higher /lifted bike  .. and tend to stand on the floor boards ..you raise the center of gravity. 

On September 18, 2020 at 2:35 PM, shadetree said:

they go straight to the trash !!.

save those shade, you could sell them.... some might even be old school hondaline floor boards (collectors item) 

Diversity !  Not everyone is looking for the same thing  , just cause they don't meet your criteria doesn't make them wrong for their beliefs , to each their own  !!! -------  

• Like 4