Goober

08 Foreman TRX500FPM2A Service

Dealing with big bolts on equipment , I have seen the practice of lubricating threads go both ways when it comes to torquing , some charts will show torque valves with oil and without oil , not a big difference , but a different valve  , most of the time , threads are to be lubed before torquing  ----on my 4 wheelers I don't lube the threads or use a torque wrench , I do apply Lock-Tite to stud where the wheel spacers go , but not where the rims bolt up 

• Thanks 1

Got the complete service done except for greasing the front end and toe-in, toe-out. Everything looks great. New tires look killer.

bought grease now can’t find my grease gun😖maybe my kid got it with her John Deere project.
Now to install and wire up a harness for the crop sprayer.

yup I did my usual OCD cleanup on it, knocking off 12 years worth of sunflower parts, clay and oil!

85074E95-957C-4859-BD8D-999BB163BE9A.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 5

Put a waterproof switch on the handlebar and built a harness for his sprayer. single wire accessory power plug with a chassis ground for the pump.

1BE79861-44E8-4B69-B93A-1AD7BE6577E2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Done with the service; now to fix the sprayer brackets and make a seat protector 

2F06C52A-9F40-48EF-9BA0-4CFDFE6EF54A.jpeg

• Like 2

On 9/21/2020 at 8:34 AM, Goober said:

i bought a service manual for it $65 wow they are hard to find

I'm betting you like having a physical book even though you know we have access to every* Honda service manual PDF

I printed one for the 400ex 🤣

20201001_104703.jpg

Edited by oh400ex
Pictures
  • Like 1

Yup i have a printed service manual for every quad. I like having it on the bench; it is large print, doesn’t time out and i can read it while sitting in my easy chair.

My most recent manual is for my car

3B4B54F7-AB69-4942-9021-50B336E9447E.jpeg

• Like 1

plus one on manuals ... i have one for just about every peace of equipment i own... plus several very expensive .. thick books on johndeere IH, Mack, cummins, kenworth t-600, .. back before i got wise to Haynes ... i got one those for my 250a ... I'll hang my head for making that mistake ... lol.... i won't even touch a clymers. 

• Like 1

Awesome job man! He should be so thankful. I'm sure you also saved him some money!

• Like 1

looks great goober .... just out out curiosity ..... what chemicals will he be laying down ? some spray tips are super bad about clogging up... depending on whats being applied. 

• Like 1