Wheeler

New Windscreen.

I like the idea of quick connect. I’ve never though of that or adding any accessories to it tbh..

• Like 1

you should check out ram mounts .... i think goober uses some of there rigs to.... just paying it back for the battery tender info.

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Now that I reversed the mirrors, I was quite surprised that they don’t really vibrate & can see behind me almost perfect! This fairing windscreen has been a great addition. I’m very pleased with it. 

for anyone considering one, this make is excellent! Very well built, no issues. Hats off to Vip-Air. 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Now that I reversed the mirrors, I was quite surprised that they don’t really vibrate & can see behind me almost perfect! This fairing windscreen has been a great addition. I’m very pleased with it. 

for anyone considering one, this make is excellent! Very well built, no issues. Hats off to Vip-Air. 

In my opinion the mirrors are worth the price of the fairing as I live on a busy road and was afraid of being run over.

• Like 3

On 10/11/2020 at 9:16 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

@Wheeler this is what i was talking about ... looks like this is made almost the same as the model you have. 

the fairing mounting brackets on the backside ....might be just perfect for this mod. 

image.jpg

Haha! I saw the exact same bike for sale not far from my place.

image.png

Many people are jacking up the prices though because of Covid. Unfortunately 8500$ for a 2011 is way out of my budget.

Edited by machinecrook
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

that center fairing light mount is more like what I'd like, but ether would be just fine ... i reckon that one is just for certain models ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that center fairing light mount is more like what I'd like, but ether would be just fine ... i reckon that one is just for certain models ? 

The light was already existing on that bike same as mine, windshield fits snug around the stock light.

• Like 3

thanks , then i would have to mod the fairing like wheeler has to fit around my ram steering light, hm...  not sure I'd go that route, ( cutting a hole)  at least not for the price she cost, but it is an idea, I've been thinking about, I'd just have to get the ram light position just right. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

You might be able to add a different year pod lamp and then order the windshield for that year and have it work that way, I forget what your pod light looks like.

• Like 1

dang it!  i didn't think about those hondaline handlebar gaurds ... here's the light as it is now.. i gather the fairing won't work with those bark busters ... and I'm not really open to taking those off... lol! 

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 3

Yea, I don't think it would work on that set up. Don't think you would be able to see your speedo with a windshield either....

• Like 1

your probobly spot on, i wasn't really concerned with being able to see the speedo, she's not really a work bike , but one day will be a collectors dream (i hope) lol. the 97 ... is the one that might be the ticket , she's a plain Jane  300 4wd ... and the one i haul wood with, so that would the one the fairing (like wheelers) would fit. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

On September 29, 2020 at 11:15 AM, Wheeler said:

VIP-Air?

had a question.... after glancing over this thread, these are VIP-air brands , and not made by honda correct ? 

• Like 1

thank you  i may still get one for the 97, that's the bike i ride most times during the winter now, never much after dark, i just cant see myself taking those rare hondaline parts off the project bike.... and if this coming winter was like  last winter... (super mild) i might spend more time riding the 2000 model, but i have to say that windscreen does look good, and has many benifits! i just been thinking about the heat that might be an issue ... i wish i had one just to try out during summer months. but like you and a few others, i do like customizing.....

• Like 2

I have learned that I prefer a windscreen you can see over the top of. Had a higher one before but you can't see through rain drops, frost or mud/dirt well at all. Mine still sends the wind just over your head. This along with heated grips makes for comfortable riding in cold weather. If it's warmer than about 70F I take it off or I get too warm.

• Like 3

yeah the heat being drawn up from the engine is sure to very helpfull, in the winter time, but heat in the same degree in the summer would be what i would be concerned about, plus my thinking was loading.. that fairing up with a few goodies, like a radio system speakers etc.... a bit of trouble taking all that stuff off, every so often, and winter days here (where i live)  are very unpredictable, that's my thinking of just  adding it to one bike full time. 

• Like 1

it does look like it would be easy to take off, and those mounting rods would be perfect for mounting a radio, plus on ether side is room for speakers, and right down below those mounting rods, might be ? enough room for the ram spot light, which would ideally be a steering stem mount ...and a plus is the mirrors!.....  wheeler, you cause me alot of trouble making my mind up... lol! choices choices ..... sigh. 

credit for the pic goes to wheeler, plz no ratings for this post, give them to wheelers original post. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

It’s actually will just pop right off… loosen bolt on handle bars & slides out..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Wheeler i noticed something .... you mentioned you got this windscreen without the mirrors .... so basically you can place the mirrors any place on the windscreen you choose ? and i take it the mirrors are convex (curved) ? 

• Like 1

@TBRider @Wheeler @Majorpayne I've been looking at those pics again.... and i believe for mine (if / when) i purchase one.... i might just mount those mirrors ....further out on the fairing ... but I'm curios as to the vibration .... being mounted that far out, my thinking would be out close to the width of the bike (fender flair to fender flair) for a better side veiw... and i take it.... being this is mounted with a all metal hardware... there is a slight amount of vibration depending on speed, type of tire and of corse the engine..... thoughts ? being a truck driver, mirror vibration can make driving very dangerous! 

also how far will these mirrors adjust in ether direction ? just ball park it... lol 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

@_Wilson_™ they do vibrate. They as well adjust every which way. So u can choose how to mount them, but there really isn’t much choice a to where….

• Like 1

The mirrors use to be just Kimpex snowmobile mirrors and had plenty of adjustment. I never did like mirrors on the handlebar area, too much movement. They are good for a quick glance though to make sure the riders are still behind you. The Vip air fairings are good quality but depending on the model the brackets can be a little light duty.

• Like 2