oh400ex

Legendary Videos

Did I ever mention how cool monkeys are ??? Don't think any video could be classified as " Legendary " if there was not at least one monkey in it !!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

"Legendary" Monkey Video 

Yeah that's a San Francisco Turtleneck Guy out of 10 for me on this one.

59 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Did I ever mention how cool monkeys are ??? Don't think any video could be classified as " Legendary " if there was not at least one monkey in it !!!  

I think that's clear so far lol

Just don't like these type of videos... it has 5k dislikes and people screaming "fake" , "setup" and "clickbait" in the comments (rightfully so... it is)

Love animals and think monkeys are awesome just don't like perpetuating these channels that promote violence by setting up fake situations for views.

This particular video was a mix of fake and actual footage of wild animals. Too many jump cuts and "suspenseful" music too lol

Totally unrelated but I stumbled on this video the other day. Great cold open!

~25 seconds

• Sad 1

Oh400EX , you have managed to ruin my evaluation of a " Legendary video " , LOL ---- first realizing that if it ain't got a monkey , it ain't Legendary , then every time I see a good monkey video that  I like lately , I wonder if it is on the up and up or animals are being mistreated for profit  , was just here going to link and excellent monkey video , might be my all time best like , but realized some may be offended as it didn't end well for the monkey as it could have been a set up ----  I'll be back we something Truly Legendary 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Oh400EX , you have managed to ruin my evaluation of a " Legendary video " , LOL ---- first realizing that if it ain't got a monkey , it ain't Legendary , then every time I see a good monkey video that  I like lately , I wonder if it is on the up and up or animals are being mistreated for profit  , was just here going to link and excellent monkey video , might be my all time best like , but realized some may be offended as it didn't end well for the monkey as it could have been a set up

Didn't want to ruin anything for ya but I appreciate that you are taking the time to make the consider the circumstances surrounding the video.

I went through a similar deal a while back... better not to perpetuate the bad stuff and focus on the good is where I ended up with it.

Love the old Honda minis and would take a new monkey in a heartbeat if given but if my money was being spent... it would be on a restored one.

---

This video of @m_quick blowing up his old 700 needs to be on here...

Funny story behind this video...

Never met mquick but I have been watching it for years and showing it to folks who want to know what an engine about to pop sounds like.

I think with hindsight it is clear that the motor is making noises that it shouldn't. With full gear, loud pipe and not listening at the moment it likely wasn't as clear back then.

If you ever hear an engine make noises like that don't limp it home... stop and trailer it back... it isn't worth the damage.

Anytime you are full speed like he was in this clip and hear a noise... grab the clutch and shut the bike off as fast as possible. You might prevent more damage.

What the noise sounds like to my ear is timing chain slap that finally lets go... who knows after seeing the carnage though

~2 minutes

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1

A few quick ones for y'all...

One absolute gem of a news clip from YT and the rest are Streamable links

Thank you for looking!

https://streamable.com/h6bd ~ 3 min 30 sec

https://streamable.com/b3e8s ~ 45 sec

https://streamable.com/29frg ~ 30 sec

https://streamable.com/xh1q1 ~ 45 sec

https://streamable.com/r5r11 ~ 15 sec (Light language warning)

https://streamable.com/wu5ru ~ 60 sec

• Like 1

Alright fish... some monkey videos!

"Monkey" is used pretty loosely here as most of the videos are actually chimps and gorillas.

First two videos are about 2 minutes and the last is around 4

Thanks for looking!

• Like 1

I think the mirror thing was cruel , clearly the chimp was upset , he could have easily smashed the mirror and cut himself badly , seems manipulation of the chimps by the mirror man -----  you should have never schooled me in Tree Hugger 101 , you have created a monster ,  it is a double edged sword , just like with alcoholic sand sinners , the reformed ones are harder to get along with ,  eh !   LOL 

Seen that one and quite a few other Magic Monkey videos , cruel is all I can say , teasing that chimp like that .....   LOL  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I think the mirror thing was cruel , clearly the chimp was upset , he could have easily smashed the mirror and cut himself badly , seems manipulation of the chimps by the mirror man -----  you should have never schooled me in Tree Hugger 101 , you have created a monster ,  it is a double edged sword , just like with alcoholic sand sinners , the reformed ones are harder to get along with ,  eh !   LOL 

Seen that one and quite a few other Magic Monkey videos , cruel is all I can say , teasing that chimp like that .....   LOL  

Mirror Man, Tree Hugger 101 and Alcoholic Sand Sinners all got a chuckle out of me so good job there 😂

The first one too... Poor silverback probably felt pretty emasculated after he did his charge and the weird looking bald face monkey was just snaking on leaves like nothing happened.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 2:48 PM, Fishfiles said:

Human Nature 

that hurts, still waiting for the salt to get out of my eyes. i finally got my breath back. :classic_biggrin:

Compilation of this year's "Daily Dose of Internet" videos.

Great channel for curated, short and interesting stuff.

~13 minutes

• Like 1