Is anyone on here a machinist? I am looking to build my own product line and would love to have it made in the USA but unfortunately unless i buy 500 of them i haven't been able to get the cost where i need it to be. I really don't want to send this to china to be made. I was hoping maybe someone had a small garage machine shop on here or could point me in the right direction? 

• Like 1

They're getting hard to find around here.  I have to go to Memphis (about 70 miles) to get a cylinder bored these days.

What are you looking to make (don't have to be specific)?    Just curious as to what capability the shop would have to have.

1 minute ago, jeepwm69 said:

They're getting hard to find around here.  I have to go to Memphis (about 70 miles) to get a cylinder bored these days.

What are you looking to make (don't have to be specific)?    Just curious as to what capability the shop would have to have.

isn't it closer to drive to me for cylinder work ?. if so ?, just bring the parts and head this way. only down side is..you can't take them back home with ya same day..lol.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, shadetree said:

isn't it closer to drive to me for cylinder work ?. if so ?, just bring the parts and head this way. only down side is..you can't take them back home with ya same day..lol.

You're about 100 miles from me.  Memphis is 70.

And the wife likes to go eat in Memphis, so I kill two birds.

Of course, dinner usually costs as much as the machine work.

Its a sprocket cover for a pit bike so it needs to be an actual CNC machine. I'm not sure if it would be a 3 axis or 4 axis machine. Its a start for a product line but eventually would like to produce alot more.