Fishfiles

Motorcycles and Gas Powered Bicycles

7 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

looks good,.... so your set on that head ? and  something i noticed .... with that air cleaner being so close to the rear tire ... are you planning on adding some type of debris shield for the side of the filter that faces the tire ? 

Thanks

I am pretty set on using  the Big Head --- looks so much nicer and should run cooler 

Good idea on a shield of some kind ----    I was thinking about a rear fender or at least some kind of 1/2 cover for the air filter  on the back side like you say , and maybe make that into the mount to hold the carb steady ----------    there is a bike guy at the flea market , he is the bike guy and has a couple of hundred bikes , most in parts , I bet I can find a fender over there to fit -----

I have a stock air filter like the one of that black bike I pic'ed ----- made I should snorkel it , lol 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I have a stock air filter like the one of that black bike I pic'ed ----- made I should snorkel it , lol 

Of course you would say that lol

The flea market bike is the same head and likely the exact same kit. That one will eat yours lunch with the fatty pipe... HUGE difference

Good thing you didn't buy it. I think it has no air filter...

Get a dual stage Uni can for it instead of that crap K&N knockoff. They are cheap. I would never run the one that it came with...

My petcock leaked out the front not from the threads. The internal seal was pinched or flattened out of the box.

Yours might not be like that just attesting to China's QC. I would teflon tape and run it first...

Your old girl does look upset about her space being invaded 🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

fish, not everything requires a snorkel lol! 

looks like the pup is doing better. 

She is getting around a lot better , still limps from time to time , she has another laser/ steroid treatment coming up soon , may be the last one ----old girl is getting old , going to be 12 years old on December 29 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

wow ... some really cool builds ... seen a couple with home lite engines, and a v-twin. 

That V Twin was awesome , looked like a 19'teen Harley or something  , there was a black cafe racer style bike in there that was way cool ------ I am already thinking of another build and I have not finished this one yet ,LOL    --- I would like to do one in the style of one of the first motorcycles , like 1911 sounds like a good number to go with 

• Like 1

yeah.... i liked that one too.... this push pull build got me ..., just wander how the rpm on the center engine  was match with the front 

image.jpg

• Like 1

It's funny that 100 years later, yall are building bicycles that look like the original Harleys and Indians.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What about your normal bicycle, the one you get exercise on..?

🤭

30 minutes ago, TBRider said:

What about your normal bicycle, the one you get exercise on..?

🤭

My wife rides her bike for exercise, I have a Schwinn trail bike , I don't like pedaling ....  

• Haha 2

i think fish might have an ulterior motive.... I've known him for along time ... lol, my guess would be peddle some, then use the back up gas engine, and show his build off,  which what I'd do... you only live once. 

• Like 2

I got a lot of loose ends done today

I  picked up the sprocket/holder from the machine shop , I asked how much and he said don't worry about it , he's a brother Croatian and the first time I ever used him personally , I said no way , he said give me $10 , I gave him $20 and I'm very happy at that , machine shop time is about $100 an hour , I know it took him at the least 1/4  to 1/2 hour to do the boring  -----    stuck it on the hub while still on the bike and it seems the bore is pretty close , won't really know till I take the wheel off , and mount the sprocket and see how close the holes line up and then actually ride it and see if it slips ---- did a lot of reading on hub sprockets last night on a motorized bike forum , found a few ways to make it a tighter , no slip fit  , the one I liked best is to drill and tap set screw holes  thru the hub that will let the set screw or maybe two of them  contact the hub , think I am going for it right off the bat as I read so many stories of people trashing their spokes from the hub slipping , I know I will be trying a wheelie and peeling  out 

I got a lever style shifter and a couple of old school painted fenders that I think I can do some cutting on from the guy at the flea market for $10 

Got the right hand grip on and  drilled a hole in the end cap for the rear view mirror to mount in the handle bar end 

So I got about $325 into everything now and think I have everything I need , I'd like to think I could ask $500 for it when it is finished and recover the money if I don't like it , the E-Zip back then  cost me $175 when I bought it used from a guy in Gulf Port that got a DWI on it , that was a good deal as they sold for over $500 new and there were some extras on it , still got the electric motor , 2 Lithium batteries and some other parts that I bet I can sell on E-Bay for a couple of hundred , so I am feeling pretty good on it ---- LOL 

Will try and do some pics later on if I get a chance to mess with it tonight 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

My wife rides her bike for exercise, I have a Schwinn trail bike , I don't like pedaling ....  

I'll post some pics of my retro 99 schwinn, it has studded tires for the winter on it right now....240 studs in the rear and 120 in the front....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i think fish might have an ulterior motive.... I've known him for along time ... lol, my guess would be peddle some, then use the back up gas engine, and show his build off,  which what I'd do... you only live once. 

Pedals down hill you mean....

• Like 2

I'd kill the engine, coast down hill.... but, what would be cool is a build with like a multie ... gear setup.... like a maybe a eighteen speed ....think of the speed you gain, going down hill... lol! 

• Like 1

I can't imagine riding a motorized bicycle in the snow or ice , even with spikes  ------ have watched them race on ice on TV , and wouldn't want to fall down in front of someone and get run over 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I'd kill the engine, coast down hill.... but, what would be cool is a build with like a multie ... gear setup.... like a maybe a eighteen speed ....think of the speed you gain, going down hill... lol! 

during my searches for motorized bike info , I have seen bikes with motor cycle engines with gears , one guy hit 100 mph, sounds like he had at least 4 maybe 5 gears , will try and retrieve that video and share it 

• Like 1

This guy built a nice bike , he has $3,200 into it , LOL  >  3,200 , I got 320 into mine 

During my motorized bike searches I seen some electric bikes that go for $5,000 , $7,500 and over $10,000 , WOW 

Still have not found that 100mph bicycle video again  yet 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I can't imagine riding a motorized bicycle in the snow or ice , even with spikes  ------ have watched them race on ice on TV , and wouldn't want to fall down in front of someone and get run over 

i couldn't imagine what the pain would be like after being tagged with a spiked wheel... lol! 

• Like 1

Here's my old girl, lots of miles in Calgary on her year round. Studs are the same as a car tire stud. Had front and rear fenders for the winter riding.

20201017_113226.jpg

20201017_113237.jpg

20201017_113250.jpg

• Like 2