Fishfiles

Motorcycles and Gas Powered Bicycles

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

yeah, just a very few changes, i like it,  curious as to what engine / trans combo this has. 

image.jpg

that looks like a OCC that was stretched and one of them clone 125s 

• Like 1

Seen this bike at the flea market yesterday , if it would have been a adult bike , I might have been into motorizing it , love them tires and rims 

NnA7J2ntReOsuH96RMf1%A.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/21/2021 at 10:22 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

I'm impressed with this biuld ... it sure has the speed / power 

interesting..

yep, what got me besides the build was each wire connection was soldered. and it kind of sounds like a manual transmition backing up at high speed in reverse.  also how he ground the motor shafts a flat spot for the set screw on the chain cogs. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

I had told my bicycle guy to be on the look out for me and  find me a big wheel big , well , yesterday he did , this is biggest tires I seen yet on one , but he wants $250 for it , says it is a $700 bike and was rode one time , I have not found this bike yet to see what they are really worth 

The area where a engine would go is kind of tight , 11.5 inches along the up tube  , don't think this is a good candidate for an engine transplant , but I do love the bike  and I could see it tricked out 

vmKNuW5qTY6DzaPl7zO4gg.jpg

%A51Uh9ZQV2UFo4lQPvRHQ.jpg

• Like 1

that sure has some interesting looking wheels, don't think I've ever seen any that look like that, i gather it for a smoother ride ? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that sure has some interesting looking wheels, don't think I've ever seen any that look like that, i gather it for a smoother ride ? 

the picture doesn't do them wheels justice on the size of them , they are huge --- I know I will be stopping there sometimes today , and take another pic ---- I want the bike , but don't want to give him $250 for it , thinking about what I could trade him for it  , $200 would be the most I would want to go , as it look like he exaggerated on the $700 , but I am not sure if the one he has , has even bigger tires and is made of aluminum , where this one isn't 

image.png

• Steel mountain-style fat tire frame
  • Rear derailleur for smooth gear changes
  • Front and rear disc brakes for crisp stopping and precise speed control
  • Fat, knobby 4-inch wide mountain tires roll over anything in their path; 4-inch alloy rims are light and strong
  • Alloy a-head stem and mountain handlebar keep you in complete control out on the trail
New (2) from $429.99 + FREE Shipping
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Look up fat bike, they are big up here for winter riding, you drop the air in the tires for riding on snow.

• Like 2

bet you have you have something he'll trade for, and i agree looks limited for engine space. i understand the fat tires, for better support but the holes is what I'm referring to. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

bet you have you have something he'll trade for, and i agree looks limited for engine space. i understand the fat tires, for better support but the holes is what I'm referring to. 

image.jpg

Not all models have them holes , you can fell the boot and there is a little flex , I would guess it gives some cushion , when the tire and tube flex from a bump , it expands into the hole , what's your guess ----  I offered $175 , said he'd let me know 

Another bicycle project has found me ---  this time going dirt bike , using  a jack shaft set up , the engine will drive the  OEM  7 gear rear sprocket  and make it a shiftable 7 speed 

This big tire bike is so easy to pedal thru grass and rocks , I kind of hate to modify it 

Put 8 miles on the last project bike yesterday , which I need to come up with a name for to distinguish the two , beautiful weather 

y1bPWkFgRt2DL%xI6PK0SQ.jpg

z21aX7VmRSaVnb9qfNx5EQ.jpg

• Like 2

On February 21, 2021 at 5:24 AM, Fishfiles said:

I need to come up with a name for to distinguish the two , beautiful weather 

how about the Louisiana legend for your gas powered build ? tuned in to see the other build, but I'm like you, maybe just keep that new bike stock ? , however I'm curious as to what you come up with for a jack shaft setup.  

11 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

how about the Louisiana legend for your gas powered build ? tuned in to see the other build, but I'm like you, maybe just keep that new bike stock ? , however I'm curious as to what you come up with for a jack shaft setup.  

The Mongoose is gonna be called Da’Goose.  The E-Zip I don’t know yet.  The jack shaft Kit I am going to get 75% Pre-fabbed from Sick Bike Parts. 

• Like 1