Fishfiles

Motorcycles and Gas Powered Bicycles

not to change the subject.... lol ... people with land should invest in horses! :-) , so I'm  covered on that idea, fish heck I'll have a few if it gets that bad, best atv ever made IMO! need fuel, or water (or the occasional treat find a fruit tree, and keep sugar cubes in supply ?)  just pull off to the side and let them graze for a while, no oil changes, or parts to break down etc... plus if you play you cards right, you can start a production line. and no turn signals required .... 

Edited by _Wilson_™

On January 2, 2021 at 11:53 PM, LedFTed said:

looks like some kind of airplane engine.

yup, I'd say maybe from a large scale model airplane ?? 

id like to see this one close up, very interesting model. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 5:05 AM, Fishfiles said:

It's the thing of the future , better get on the band wagon and not left walking ,  with the inevitable   coming fall of the country , people are going to need something like this bike to get around at 90mpg , there ain't going to be no gas except for the elite and rich   ---   ironic ,  Mr Takeuchi / Honda developer from the beginning of Honda ATCs and ATVs , made air cooled bicycles after World War II for the people of Japan who had  no money and needed a way to get a round cheap

I have an old 4-stroke moped stashed away in my shed. It runs good, tires are like new, is complete with electric starter, just needs a new battery. 🙂 When I got it I thought about making a small GEK style wood gasifier for it, but like most of the other ideas I get... it never happened. 🙂

• Like 2

Steam looks pretty cool , bet it is dangerous , I could see getting burned pretty bad if a tube , hose or fitting blew out while riding it 

• Like 2

That Moped might get you quite a few dollars , think there is a cult  following on them >>>>  it would be a cool thing to have , Shade' had one when he was a teenager and it was stolen from him 

On 1/3/2021 at 5:05 AM, Fishfiles said:

It's the thing of the future , better get on the band wagon and not left walking ,  with the inevitable   coming fall of the country , people are going to need something like this bike to get around at 90mpg , there ain't going to be no gas except for the elite and rich   ---   ironic ,  Mr Takeuchi / Honda developer from the beginning of Honda ATCs and ATVs , made air cooled bicycles after World War II for the people of Japan who had  no money and needed a way to get a round cheap

i got two horses, and tack. :classic_rolleyes: , they run on Hay an an occasional carrot, like grapefruit, oranges, an watermelon. plus they mow the lawn. riding the girls/mares on the road will save me a trim the hoof fee.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

I got the center kick stand where it works , solid and the rear tire is an inch off the ground ( hard to see in  that pic ) , so now it can be run on the kick stand , going to do one or the other , first cut off that corner of the plate under the frame , then bead blast the kick stand and paint it or just get a new one ,  they are pretty cheap about $15 with shipping   , China special , LOL 

nRR5kwdCQjOGdkkwP6eHcQ.jpg

• Like 2

eh, i know you are about mods , but i like the original kickstand, could you weld a cross over rod to the original just in front of the back tire, and have a wider stance stand, if nothing would be in the way on the other side ?  (chain etc) and a chinia part ?? are you joining the ranks of Someone else we know ? lol 

8 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

eh, i know you are about mods , but i like the original kickstand, could you weld a cross over rod to the original just in front of the back tire, and have a wider stance stand, if nothing would be in the way on the other side ?  (chain etc) and a chinia part ?? are you joining the ranks of Someone else we know ? lol 

???  Both kick stands still work at this time , you can use one or the other , they both fold up out the way?? 

China parts is about all you can get for these bikes , so call me 88 

my guy Karl got about 40 old bikes , had some nice ones , all very old and rustic and tires rotted off  , $40-50 each , I was the first one to have a shot at the trailer load , some have tanks on them , lights , didn't see anything caught my eye , before I left 15 were sold , one guy bought 10 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

China parts is about all you can get for these bikes

oh okay that explains alot, wow! 40 bikes, sure would like to have seen them, bet he had some really classic models. 

Just now, _Wilson_™ said:

that's off the hook! wander what the top speed is... 

I wouldn't want to be the one to find out on it !!! 

• Like 1

you, and me both... lol. 55 mph going down culleoka hill on a regular bicycle was fast enough for me.... i must have about 13 i reckon. 

• Like 1

looks kind of like this one might have the same engine as your build, hard to tell with this pic, i like the fat back tire, pretty cool looking bike. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

looks kind of like this one might have the same engine as your build, hard to tell with this pic, i like the fat back tire, pretty cool looking bike. 

image.jpg

I like it ---I actually had one not too long ago , it is  mid-size Swinn OCC Copper , they came in 3 sizes , I bought it for $60 waas going to put an eninge on it , sold it for a $100 ---my buddy Rick as the next size bigger and I know he would sell it to me if i wanted it bad enough -----

I like the exhaust , think the engine is the same ,the  head might be different  looks like custom triple tree ,  forks , seat and disc brakes , very nicely done you can buy a pre-fabbed mount mount kit for those ---think it would look better with a short red front fender and red tank 

• Like 1