Fishfiles

Motorcycles and Gas Powered Bicycles

10 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i think this is more of a light mud rider, not a deep sea diver.... lol! 

Yep.

least i hope so. 🙃

Well, i been thinking about the base plate, in between everything else going on in my world. no need to modify it yet. just see if you can lower the motor first. then go from there. ya probably got that covered too. 🙂

I got one more thing to do before the test ride , finish the muffler mount , should just drill a hole in the frame , clamp it down and be done with it , thats the bracket down by the foot crank ----I do think I am going to drill a couple of holes for the fuel hose and clamp it to the frame 

If the test ride goes all good , I am going to still put fenders on it and a pull starter 

the break in oil is 20/1= 1 gallon gas to 7 ounces of oil 

JksC3BWDQDqvuFYDPC9gKA.jpg

aUbq6o92RPC+s2HKzX9anQ.jpg

7FQT15PJSJ2dKKnSdelBnw.jpg

rjscR4nsSpG68yH5ZVo0Hg.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Amazing work!

The carb setup is gonna give you problems. I hope it works but that might be the farthest carb to intake distance I have ever seen 🤣

Edit: A black dress sock pre-filter would be a great addition to that can. Those are no good.

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oh400ex said:

Amazing work!

The carb setup is gonna give you problems. I hope it works but that might be the farthest carb to intake distance I have ever seen 🤣

Edit: A black dress sock pre-filter would be a great addition to that can. Those are no good.

400exxxx , So you think my RAM air induction system is just a baby sheep , eh !  

You might be right , it is long distance , but it is going down hill , super slide that fuel in there  , LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that filter looks to be like the k&n ? oil type filter. 

Might be K+N =  Komatusa and Nicarucka ,  it's Chinese clone for sure , LOL 

• Haha 2

Well , I rode it , wow , it has  fast pick up , only took it  up to 16 mph and had a lot left , - I am  doing a break in and getting used to it , so keeping it slow for now , it is a lot quieter than I expected , getting it started doesn't take much , just a few pedals and pop the clutch , but not in the rock driveway as the tire will slip in rocks , needs to be on the asphalt , turning around in loose rocks is scary ---- I am heading out to ride it again .........  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rode it for 2.8 miles , took it to 20mph this time , still got a 1/4 turn of throttle , happy with it so far -----  on problem so far , getting a couple of air bubbles in the fuel hose , might have to jack the back end of the fuel tank up a little bit or lower the carb 

fullsizeoutput_d99.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awesome!

Thank you again for sharing this!

Makes me want mine back more and more lol

Keep the long tube on the carb if you can. I just like it.

Was wrong about it giving too much issue from the sound of it.

Thought is liquid fuel would dump as it condenses on its way to the intake but maybe not!

Saddlebags? 

Edit: Would look cool with some more black accents on it to match the tank. Just awesome either way.

Better hose now and shorten the intake metal? Nitrile flex gas filler line? Seriously on the black dress sock with light oil as a pre-filter. That can is actively destroying that engine. Ask me how I know

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 2

looks great fish, are you still planning on shooting the fenders back, I'd just go with as is, now you can back to that 300 shade was on you about, lol, I'd swop to a k&n oil type, oil and be done, I've used those on my small engines, never had an issue, as they clame the filter media cleans better as more dust, and grime gets imbedded , at least to a certain point, even better you get a uni filter, foam skin, and have the filtering just about bullet proof, bust dust off that back wheel might be a concern with any type oil filter. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

looks great fish, are you still planning on shooting the fenders back, I'd just go with as is, now you can back to that 300 shade was on you about, lol, I'd swop to a k&n oil type, oil and be done, I've used those on my small engines, never had an issue, as they clame the filter media cleans better as more dust, and grime gets imbedded , at least to a certain point, even better you get a uni filter, foam skin, and have the filtering just about bullet proof, bust dust off that back wheel might be a concern with any type oil filter. 

Thanks , yep , the fenders will be black , when ever they get on there and another air filter is in the workings , put 14.8 miles on it today , just got back from my buddies' house , he lives in Slidell about 3 miles away , rode the back road , got chili on the ride back in the shade 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oh400ex said:

Awesome!

Thought is liquid fuel would dump as it condenses on its way to the intake but maybe not!

Saddlebags? 

Edit: Would look cool with some more black accents on it to match the tank. Just awesome either way.

Better hose now and shorten the intake metal? Nitrile flex gas filler line? Seriously on the black dress sock with light oil as a pre-filter. That can is actively destroying that engine. Ask me how I know

Saddle bags could be a cool look and useful when I go up to the corner store or the flea market >>>>>  also got a water bottle / holder and a air pump  to put back on it -----  to move the carb is going to be tuff , can be done but it will be in the way of my leg 

One thing I find is when it is cold , it needs choke to start , when warm / hot it don't the choke is hard to get at when on the seat , needs a cable control or a linkage rod Black dress sck soaked in air filter oil sounds interesting 

14.8 miles, your giving that thing a work out, now just how many times did you peddle ? lol! you had to know someone was going to ask ? what did your friend say ? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

14.8 miles, your giving that thing a work out, now just how many times did you peddle ? lol! you had to know someone was going to ask ? what did your friend say ? 

I peddled some to get it started , not much 

My buddy liked it , he is an ex-biker , so I knew he would >>>>>  he showed me two project bikes in his yard , one is a aluminum chopper frame and front forks , and the other is a BIG tired beach cruiser , love the tires but the frame on that one is tighter than the one I just done ---- 

• Like 1

List it for some ridiculous price and do it all over again or ride and enjoy! It came out great!

Imagine what you could build now knowing what to look for and at.

Interested in some thoughts after more time in the saddle so to speak. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I peddled some to get it started , not much 

My buddy liked it , he is an ex-biker , so I knew he would >>>>>  he showed me two project bikes in his yard , one is a aluminum chopper frame and front forks , and the other is a BIG tired beach cruiser , love the tires but the frame on that one is tighter than the one I just done ---- 

good deal, being this is your first build and not a kit bike, but a fish original, I'd keep, it, you say tw project bikes  ? he's doing a build like yours ? 

9 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

good deal, being this is your first build and not a kit bike, but a fish original, I'd keep, it, you say tw project bikes  ? he's doing a build like yours ? 

No he just has a bunch of bicycles in his yard he was showing me for another  project , I was telling about how a 19'teen Indian looking bicycle project would be cool , he use to have an Indian  ----  my  XL250 ATV tired motorcycle is my next project right after getting the engine back in the red 300 and anything else that jumps line on those two projects , LOL 

This has been a fun project 

• Like 2

did some looking is what you had ? or something close ? looks like it has more then enough room for an engine mod. and speeking of air filters the outerwear pre cleaner could be used  to deal with the larger debris coming off the back wheel, and these are not oil treated so most likely the dirt , and grime would just fall off when the vacume stops, or just a good light rub of the mesh would do it. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 11/17/2020 at 1:30 PM, oh400ex said:

Awesome!

Saddlebags? 

foam insulation, like you might put over plumbing pipes to hold the heat in, in a cold environment. see them all the time in plumbing an hvac. sometimes to hold the heat in, sometimes to hold the cold in.

Edited by LedFTed
because

not really sure if I'd like the look, which might be what he's going for, plus, i can it being used to insulate pipe for cold weather, and also for the low pressure side of an ac system, but, nah, not on the intake on that build, not sure what i would think if i went look at a custom  build like that with foam insulate ... sure dont effect engines up north, it's more the temp of the block / engine, not so much  the air being pulled in, colder damp air = a higher compression. hot dry air = lower compression.

can always be painted. an besides, the temp from the carb would be always the same, when it got to the engine. so, basically, you are talking about a carb., directly connected to an engine., no cold or heat involved., except for engine heat. maybe a carb heater could be introduced for the cold?, if needed., which it would anyway. [course this is just theory. only if the bike is in the nearer to the border, US an Canada, during the winter], will it play out.

you make a good point.

Edited by LedFTed

I did a couple of laps around the neighborhood late yesterday , which each time around is exactly  1 mile ----   braking is fair to midland  , except learning to brake is a trip , both the front and rear brakes are on the right hand , but so is the throttle , so when you grab the brake lever you are putting pressure on the throttle which is very easy to turn , so it is tricky to not give it gas when braking 

I like the idea of wrapping the intake tube with something , for looks more than function 

• Like 2