Fishfiles

Motorcycles and Gas Powered Bicycles

Da'Goose , ha! i like that. reminds me of an old flat bed international one ton, my pop had when i was very very young, bout the only memory i have besides it being call the blue goose, was the time it was parked out in front of the house .. running, with no parking brake set, he had stepped out for something, most likely lunch sacks for us kids (myself and my two sisters) and i reached up, and turned the steering wheel, and old blue started to role off, with pop in tow, it didnt role fast, or far, but pop sure could run, lol. 

• Like 2

I am a little more prepared this time ,  this model Mongoose has been modified by others , so it's not virgin grounds like last time ---- 

Simple build this time , 2 stroke , jack shaft , extended crank shaft , expansion pipe , center kick stand and a seat 

E-Zip reminds me of Eric Von Zipper ,remember him , biker from the Beach Blanket Bingo movies ,with Fankie Avalon 

• Like 3

i mixed Gray Goose Vodka with Mt. Dew, an it was good., better that Smirnoff's every was. Bet it would go even better with a Harvey Wall-banger. 🙂

dasviDAniya

Edited by LedFTed
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i know you've been busy with the rotor controller project, but any updates on the bike build ? 

You mean fan motor controller ?

No updates other than been researching parts and planning  , waiting on a couple of deals to close for the funds ------ last weekend some friends got me to take it outside and a couple of them rode it , I could have sold it to my buddy for a profit as it is , he wants it bad as a bicycle , so now I have to find him a deal on a fat tired big 

The flea market had a motorized bike this weekend , it is a Schwinn OCC Chopper , it's not me , Shawn told me his girl friend rode on side of him in the car and he got it to 52mph  , he's sick , I would not want to do 52 on that rig , I seen him ride it around the market , he is asking $250 ----there is enough room to mount a 25 hp twin on that one 

As far as my big tire Mongoose build , I got a center kick stand on it , that was a job , the rear tire is so big I had to re-bend the legs to clear the tire , grind and cut on the mounting base 

QB+vTR6JTRqDFD1k+pWFFw.jpg

• Like 1

image.png

The Mongoose big tire bicycle build is in motion , after a lot of research , went with the Bike Berry engine kit , 2 stroke , in black , 66CCs with stage 4 upgrades , and the Sick Bike Parts shift kit , it has the over sized pedal crank and arms , so a pull start cover will fit 

image.png

• Like 2

The shift  /jack shaft kit  from Sick Bike Parts came in , wow , what did I get myself into here , lots of stuff , still have 4 more packages in shipping ---- going to build this one in the foyer , wife is going to love that ---- at least with this build , there are videos of the exact set up on the same bike , so that might help a bit ---bike weighed in at 35 pounds at the start , thinking it will be  a 100 pounds before it is finished 

fullsizeoutput_e6c.jpeg

Da'Goose , aka Da'Gray Goose got some attention the last few days as it has been raining a lot and suppose to rain again today till 10AM

It has been anything but plug and play , assembled the engine , then had to do a lot of drilling , grinding , cutting   on the Sick Bike jack shaft kit mounting bracket and some more to come  ----------- 

looks like I am not going to be able to use the upgraded aluminum head , on the front motor mount there is only one stud in place , the other side misses by half a hole , so I have to use a motor mount adaptor which makes that short head just barley clear the top frame  post , I have had that motor in and out 20+ times already 

My new buddy on the bike site calculated  the ratios of my 7 speed jack shaft  set and came up with the ratios of 66.79 to 16.25.1 , they tell me it is going to need to be shifted two gears at a time as one is going to be little change , so it is going to be like a 4 speed , 1st , 3rd , 5th and 7th and looking like it is going to be a twist shifter on the left hand ------ carb mounting should be no problem this time around

last pic , if I don't use a shift kit then the upgrade head could be used 

eKgcG%ZURBO1XKoqHO9RTA.jpg

XgZqhfpnQtWRy%Zu7Y3SRg.jpg

3iVqv4B6RL+1MfwofNNmHg.jpg

Picking away at the bike build , latest disaster is the 17 tooth  sprocket hits the tire , the engine can't go any farther forward for two reasons , the jack shaft is 1/8 of an inch off the seat post right now and the head would hit the top frame tube if I could go any father forward , could extend the frame where the tire/rim mounts with some welding , but don't want to go there 

So I found a couple of sprockets , a 13 tooth which measures 2.23 inch diameter and a 14 tooth which is 2.5 inch diameter , the 17 measures 3 inch diameter , looks like the 14 tooth will make room for it to clear as the chain doesn't stick out any farther then the tips of the teeth -----  but the ratio is going to change , have read that one tooth can be a 10% difference , it has a 9 tooth on the other side of the jack  shaft ----- I am not to hip on sprocket ratios ---  I know @SlammedRanger has a lot of experience with sprockets , what you think I will see with performance Slammed

Mfkxkc1ETM6tCMRrX1Tedw.jpg

Man when you start talking multiple gears on one shaft i am lost. I will say if you go smaller on the engine it increases torque and lowers top speed. Its the opposite on the axle. The bigger you go on the axle the more torque and less top speed. Changing on the axle also changes your mechanical advantage over the tires. Which will adjust your traction as it will want to spin the tires easier. Where changing the gear on the engine side it isnt as noticable.

• Like 2

Experience has taught me for chain wear to use the largest drive sprocket possible.  Although changing the same drive sprocket gives a much larger change in gear ratio.  Let's say the stock drive is 10 teeth and the driven is 40.  Upping one tooth on the drive to 11 is about the same as dropping to a 36 on the back.  Or something like that🤔

• Like 1

A few pics of the motorized Mongoose project  , you would never know , but there is a lot of cutting , grinding , drilling , tapping and stuff in that little bit showing ----this motor really doesn't fit this frame with a jack shaft kit , I made it work ( hopefully ) , had to cut two inches off the top of the jack shaft bracket and make a piece to bolt back in  and have a clamping place on the top 

got the extended crank bracket in ( the bearings and shaft are called the bracket in bike terms )  , so now the pedals don't hit the custom pull start housing ( which I am going to have to get powder coated black cause it bothers me ) ---- the muffler pipe is going to have to be modified 

n539m7cdRAqZDhmAdaeqtg.jpg

lPh+NZDNSrqBWfB0qOdDHQ.jpg

doMTFeHfSYW36qaNP2wxfQ.jpg

• Like 1

Starting to look like something -----  not too fond of the fuel tank 

6IXRF+HUSVKG7ziIoLOC%A.jpg

pZw%PwsOREuBJiWRzDDybw.jpg

• Like 3

I went to mount the Bike Berry tank and found the petcock wouldn't thread into the tank , the threads were screwed up , had to tap the hole , cheap Chinese crap --------- made a bracket to hold the CDI , the one that came with the kit wouldn't work ----- found my leg hit the carb when pedaling so extended it back with a hose , working on a mounting bracket for the carb , had to do the same thing on my E-Zip build  --- two chain tensioners should be here soon , one for each side the jack shaft ,  so I can finish the chains and jack shaft --- muffler is going to have to be bent or cut and re-welded as it hits the frame and can't be tightened up  ----  this was not a direct part change build like anticipated by no means 

the real issue is yet to come , I am  running a 14 tooth sprocket on the jack shaft  in place of a 17 tooth cause the 17 hit the tire , that is going to do a job on the ratio and performance ---I think what is going to have to happen is a larger sprocket on the pedal crank is going to be needed ---- learned there is also a Mega Gear that can be installed on the rear sprocket , making it a 8 speed instead of a 7 speed , it is much larger and could get it some more low end in first gear 

Look at this project Jeremy has at the flea market , someone put a lot of time into it , but it is not me 

4zqWdyXMRxKq2ybzdONT9Q.jpg

+R%NCqiZQLmXqJNewr3yLg.jpg

r0Hcv4lTSyG55xhILh5q2w.jpg

@shadetree, in the mini bike right , above and below the tank are the grinding , sanding and wire wheels I was talking about , 4 1/2 and 7 inch , every style , all this stuff in the pic was from a welding shop that the guy retired , guess the guy was building the mini bike -----   on the bottom right of that shelf are the big round sanding flappers wheels I was mentioning , could go on a bench grinder

• Like 2

Couldn't sleep this morning , turned the other cheek on the bike build and did some work on the  other side of the bike , working on the jack shaft chain and tensoner --- it is starting to look like something , still got a ways to go to finish it 

yzYOC7dIREGO9By02s9r9w.jpg

• Like 2

Had to take Da'Goose outside for some grinding on the jackshaft bracket for chain tensioner clearance and tweeked the bracket so I could get the 17 tooth sprocket in and stay with stock gearing ----- I snapped some pics in the sun , if nothing else I like the looks of this bike , hope it rides as well as it looks --- getting close , at the rate I am going a couple more months , LOL 

Uw24+CrAR%u11I1QLEU8vA.jpg

+gTRacgrQAaok3OhtpTCQA.jpg

t+3oRI6aS3iFwRKU1YL2Hg.jpg

Getting closer to finishing , it is like stuffing 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag with the shift / jack shaft kit 

VbfuWStoSp+m6wLqEkd5Rw.jpg

9xCNYaKuRRe8XebXVb29fQ.jpg

7p3BLgvhRxeOfdEVZsrjeA.jpg

hjkwe+TZR+6vi+uHVt0xrQ.jpg

fxXx1PvERp2gTPj%uzohdg.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Getting closer to finishing , it is like stuffing 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag with the shift / jack shaft kit 

VbfuWStoSp+m6wLqEkd5Rw.jpg

9xCNYaKuRRe8XebXVb29fQ.jpg

7p3BLgvhRxeOfdEVZsrjeA.jpg

hjkwe+TZR+6vi+uHVt0xrQ.jpg

fxXx1PvERp2gTPj%uzohdg.jpg

i am not much for bike's with motors ?, but i am impressed with this, looks very nice !.

• Like 1

Well thanks , coming from an Old Salty like you I take that as a great compliment !!!! 

• Like 1