Fishfiles

Motorcycles and Gas Powered Bicycles

Wonder if the performance is going to be affected , as I had to cut about 3 inches off the length of the tuned pipe for it to fit ?     Do plan on welding a cap over the end to reduce the outlet OD back to 3/4 like it was , but pointed down wards ,  cause there is a shift cable right at the end of the pipe that would melt 

W4kYtJNRSRCympJEandVBA.jpg

• Like 1

This is what I cut off the pipe to make it fit , have a washer and a piece of carb intake tube to angle it down , I was going to MIG weld it myself , but going to take it to my buddy and have hm TIG weld it ---- wonder if the performance will change  ---  the outet size is going to be the same 

fullsizeoutput_ec9.jpeg

• Like 1

i would think it would work great after all you just lost some taper and a few inches of the pipe....but the outlet diameter is the same... 

• Like 1

My buddy welded the muffler , even delivered it yesterday , but didn't listen to my instructions and weld it tight up against the plate , he let it stick out , so the tail pipe  sticks out an extra inch plus , there was only a 1/4 gap between the pipe and the gear shift cable till  I tie strapped the cable back  , but not liking it , think it is going to melt and damage the cable , going to band saw the tail pipe off today and weld another tail pipe up tight 

AKJ1ITysTFOclUgXsQjWMA.jpg

• Like 1

A little more clearance now , just need to re-weld it 

What's the best glue stuff to glue this throttle grip back to the plastic base 

sGlt6zPVS9GWckcxQ2cPtw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_ece.jpeg

• Like 1

that distance looks alot better to me as well... I'm not sure on grip glue, but i had witnessed LIttle Johnny use Renthal Grip Glue, never had a customer come back with loose grip complaints, but it's been said its best used with Renthal gips. 

hairsprey ? interesting ..... i could see that working, shoe goo might also work, i don't think hot or cold temps effect it much ? 

• Like 1

I gave the banana muffler to my buddy to re-weld on Saturday ------    then Sunday I went to the flea market , my bike booth buddy had two gas powered bikes just came in , one had a really cool muffler that was like brand new  , I offered him $20 for just the muffler and he took it , he had another stock  muffler in a box of parts to stick on the bike , that muffler new is over  $60 new 

But no pain , no gain , have to move the carb from one side to the other , redo the tank petcock plumbing as it hits the muffler and going to order some heat wrap 

kz8wBvySSB61iCf02GAx3A.jpg

fullsizeoutput_ed8.jpeg

Finally finished it , raining today so have to wait till tomorrow for the maiden ride -------  bike buddy's tell me it should hit about 45mph , I doubt I will be doing 45 in 7th gear on it , I am hoping I can sling dirt in 1st and 2nd -----   if nothing else it looks good 

V464XncVQ9+aAOYt3Inpnw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_eed.jpeg

ABIghXsQSBWL4OsHi1MysA.jpg

fullsizeoutput_eee.jpeg

• Like 2

Fueled it up yesterday  and pulled it about ten times , working smart ( the old me would have pulled it a lot more ) and it wouldn't even pop , pulled the plug and it was wet and no fire , wish that Honda's Cdi's were as easy to check as these motorized bikes are , quick test of the magneto and CDI with a OHM meter and the CDI is bad right out the box , China crap from BikeBerry came with the kit and was considered an up grade ,ordered a new one last night , which is 12 volts instead of 6 volts and the coil is made separate , so changing the magneto also to 12 volts --- so the maiden ride is postponed till next weekend 

It has been 4 weeks since I ordered a new magnet and magneto for this project , still ain't got the part or spark  , we never got any mail for 2 weeks  cause of hurricane Ida , I am not  even sure the magneto and magnet is going to fix this no spark issue , it is eating my lunch , Wuhan electrical parts are killing me 

uvdZw7o1S8W6yLyKqeJQ1g.jpg

lotta work... but looks like a lotta fun too.

I see a ton of folks in Florida using e-bikes these days.

I like the idea that a bike allows you to walk into areas that would be restricted for an actual moped or small motorcycle.

as e-power continues to improve and prices I hope eventually fall, I will get into some electric.

for my small gas bike needs, while I enjoyed the old one about 40 years ago, I'm hanging on to my Honda CT90. With it being a legal , tagged motorcycle, it lets me enjoy national/state parks etc that restrict offroad motorized vehicals, be able to run down to the small town corner store, and enjoy offroad trail riding.

but if we are going to small town festival, blanket on the lawn/beach kinda thing, then the motorcycle has to get parked on the pavement, whereas a bike (e- or gas) should be good to walk it to our blanket area and have it right there with us.

anyway..beautifully done project!!

ET

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

1912 Sears 

chain seems to be too loose !...lol. sweet ride though !.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

ok..now that ^^^ is down right wrong to be posting on here ?, you know dang well it's suppose to be a honda..and not dirty !!..rofl.

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

what station wagon is that? it looks like a falcon in a way..

4 hours ago, LedFTed said:

what station wagon is that? it looks like a falcon in a way..

If I had to guess , I'd say Chevy II , which was the predecessor to the Nova 

image.png

On 11/2/2021 at 4:09 AM, Fishfiles said:

If I had to guess , I'd say Chevy II , which was the predecessor to the Nova 

image.png

Yep.  Parents had one briefly when I was a kid.  Two speed automatic.   Same color too.  Didn't have it long, I remember that for sure.

• Like 1