Fishfiles

Motorcycles and Gas Powered Bicycles

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

great grand father of a dirt bike?

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 4:33 PM, Fishfiles said:

I had a E-Zip electric bike , it was a $600 bike back when it was new , I got it used after the PO got a DWI on it in Gulf Port Mississippi , then I replaced the 2 lithium  batteries @ $300 each x 2 and they never lasted long either , 15 miles per battery ---- I cut the bike up and build a 2 stroker out of it , some of the new high performance electric bikes go for $5K and seen some  up to  $10K 

THZto9gHTwiAhmr4TqdlQQ.jpg

thanks for the confirmation Fish...yeah, the cost of batteries is still painful and has kept me away from dabbling in the market.

as I've gotten older, I sure wouldn't mind a little assist on occasion climbing a hill but for now....can't justify it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bighanded said:

somehow this one is very disturbing...just wrong !!

that one is a Schwinn OCC Chopper ( Orange County Chopper ) , I actually had bought one , kept it a while , was thinking of doing a motor on it , then sold it for twice what I paid 

man the bikes that were coming out in the late 60s...ie 1968-69...the rich neighbor kids were getting the super cool Schwinn stringrays...hard the 5 speed shifter mounted on the center cross bar, etc...

I was more poor boy...so I took my old single speed coaster brake full frame bike, added a banana seat and a set of high rise ram's horn handlebars and called it done.

but that was a rad as things got in my hood...if a kid had pulled up in that Orange County rig.. I'm not sure how we would have reacted back then...perspective of a 12yr old...mighta thought it was crazy cool, or might have laughed him down the road...

but it is a heckuva rig  love it or list it...either way.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bighanded said:

man the bikes that were coming out in the late 60s...ie 1968-69...the rich neighbor kids were getting the super cool Schwinn stringrays...hard the 5 speed shifter mounted on the center cross bar, etc...

I was more poor boy...so I took my old single speed coaster brake full frame bike, added a banana seat and a set of high rise ram's horn handlebars and called it done.

but that was a rad as things got in my hood...if a kid had pulled up in that Orange County rig.. I'm not sure how we would have reacted back then...perspective of a 12yr old...mighta thought it was crazy cool, or might have laughed him down the road...

but it is a heckuva rig  love it or list it...either way.

That OCC comes in at least 3 different sizes , I actually think there are 4 varieties of it 

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I miss my old sparkle zodiac naugha fabric banana seat.

some of those bikes are serious builds !!  nice

• Like 1

love these pics !!!!  man some of them are beyond creative...others are just flat out cool.

looks like more of these might be needed at today's gas prices.

My Trail 90 gets an oil change this weekend and hopefully a little time spinning in the country.

I'm definitely a few lbs over the recommended Japanese weight limit...so I'm sure I'm not getting the full 100mpg they spec..but then I don't ask it to work that hard and the little motor is only going to do what it can.

• Like 1