Fishfiles

Motorcycles and Gas Powered Bicycles

Looks like these converted bikes, will become the thing of the future.  i got my moms bike, an old swinn?, cant spell it, the thorny bucks people. the picture on the money was of Don Campbell and maybe his kids. i ran with Kevin, his youngest brother. Don married into the family, had a place in St. Mathews, the company did. (sub town of louisville).

8 hours ago, LedFTed said:

Looks like these converted bikes, will become the thing of the future.  i got my moms bike, an old swinn?, cant spell it, the thorny bucks people. the picture on the money was of Don Campbell and maybe his kids. i ran with Kevin, his youngest brother. Don married into the family, had a place in St. Mathews, the company did. (sub town of louisville).

A couple of weeks ago the bike guy at the flea market had and sold a really cool Schwinn three wheeler with a 13 horsepower Honda clone from Harbor Freight , he got $500 for it , yesterday he told me that the guy he sold it to , collapsed the rim , the spokes of a regular bike rim are thin and too much torque can twist them up ---  13 HP is too much --- I would like to build  a gas powered three wheeler 

image.png

See the source image

Fish,

You are one bad, bad influence on me.😉  I dug this Tanaka 27cc motor with gear reduction out of the work dumpster about 14 years ago.  It was used on a grinder without a shield and the Safety guys went ballistic when they saw it.  I had it mounted up on a furnace blower fan to take in the woods in the summer while cutting trees.  Put out some air, it did.  Now going to take bikes with us to Ft. Morgan this fall and now thinking I may try to cob something together. 

20220704_100820.jpg

20220704_100809.jpg

20220704_100754.jpg

• Like 1

@56Sierra

this looks a lot like that motor you got there and I know you like planes , LOL 

• Haha 1

I just pulled the engine off the grinder frame and gearbox.  7.5 to 1 reduction.   Perfect for a big prop😳

That prop bike looks dangerous , very dangerous ----   LOL 

I pulled the gearbox off and the Tanaka just isn't suitable for adapting to a bike.  Drats.

On 7/4/2022 at 9:22 AM, 56Sierra said:

Fish,

You are one bad, bad influence on me.😉    Now going to take bikes with us to Ft. Morgan this fall and now thinking I may try to cob something together. 

is this more your speed ?? 

image.png

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

is this more your speed ?? 

image.png

Talk about twisting spokes.

27 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

You can put your tail numbers on this one 

image.png

That's creative as all get out.  Wouldn't it be a blast to have a buddy with a Spad and chase each other around in a parking lot.

• Haha 1

I never knew what a spad was , had to search it up 

image.png

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 12:14 PM, Fishfiles said:

@56Sierra

this looks a lot like that motor you got there and I know you like planes , LOL 

and does a great job dealing with dogs that chase you

This  is a pic of St Tammany Trace , used to be a train track ,   it runs about 50 miles now , they made it 3 ft wider  and did a resurfacing job , and they changed the rules and you can have electric bicycles now which they were illegal before when I had one  , makes me want another electric bike now 

i8kgxnnWSCW01pUNo9RU9w.jpg