Fishfiles

Motorcycles and Gas Powered Bicycles

image.png

My post got lost when I posted , my neighbor bought one of these electric bikes , I helped get it in his house as FED dropped it on the driveway , well Saturday morning we got woke up about 5:00 AM , he fell over the bike while putting it together and broke his shoulder in his living room 

tHPoSwVpTxqEiohN+B7NCw.jpg

10 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Benelli 900 6 banger 

image.png

I remember those well.  I wanted one dearly.  Probably having a super hot babe on the cover of Cycle magazine posing with one didn't help my lust for the Benelli.  Common sense got the better of me since the smaller Benelli bikes were not known for much of anything but being a piece of crap.

• Like 1

Check this one out , I never knew there was a Kawasaki 500 5 cylinder 2 stroke, I think that 500 side cover is a liar

I had a 500 3 cylinder senior year of high school , got hurt when a guy pulled out in front of me , I went over the handlebars about 70 , guess you can tell I survived but not all there , the 500s and 750s  were known as the widow makers  LOL 

image.png

• Like 1

I think i recall you talking about that bad wreck..... Was that when they pronounced you ? You know what i mean, right ? I'm still fuzzy on the details but i do recall something like that....along with the vita max....or was that a separate accident ? Hey! And your all their fish... Nothing wrong with your thinking at all.... Are you a little crazy ? Well yeah, but ! we all are...and I wouldn't have it any other way, because we actually enjoy life...if I'm like you.... I should have been killed many times over with the life I've lived, and you know what ? I wouldn't change one thing.. Because it's made me who i am now... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

I got to setup and test ride the first new GL1000 that came to the Washington PA Honda dealership.   The usual warm up and go west on PA 18 balls to the wall.  45 MPH speed limit.  I quickly found myself going over double the speed limit and still climbing.   Those things we scary smooth.

• Like 1

I believe the GL 1000 was like the sports model of the Gold Wing Touring bikes ? A few years back a friend bought one here in Lacombe , a real barn find , I assisted him with shipping , by meeting of a motorcycle  transport company , he sent it to his son in San Diego ,  it took 4 of us to get that bike inside an enclosed trailer ,  the brakes were dragging , two flat tires and it was heavy 

52 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I believe the GL 1000 was like the sports model of the Gold Wing Touring bikes ? A few years back a friend bought one here in Lacombe , a real barn find , I assisted him with shipping , by meeting of a motorcycle  transport company , he sent it to his son in San Diego ,  it took 4 of us to get that bike inside an enclosed trailer ,  the brakes were dragging , two flat tires and it was heavy 

The original Gold Wing was nothing at all like the later years.  I don't think there was a fairing available through Hondaline but Windjammer quickly came out with one.

2 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

The original Gold Wing was nothing at all like the later years.  I don't think there was a fairing available through Hondaline but Windjammer quickly came out with one.

That 1000 that Bob shipped to his son ^^^  had a windshield fairing and some bags with  it , but not on it , seems I remember  him  saying the previous owner looked like they were working on turning it into a touring style bike  ,  Bob  gave the fairing and boxes to  me as he said that wasn't OEM and him or his son didn't  wanted it , it hung around here for a few years and I  wound up giving  it away to the flea market  , but have a few pics of it sitting on top my 300 around somewhere , it wasn't as big as most Goldwings I have seen , I think them pictures would be on the old site  , it could have been made to fit , but it wasn't my style . LOL  ----  my buddy Bob seems to know a lot about that 1000 Sport style , cause he wanted that bike bad for his son  --- I use to drink coffee with him alot , swatched restaurants and have not seen him in awhile , going to see if his son ever finished that project and get a pic