LedFTed

moles or exploding trees

moles or whatever, i did drop a bunch of propane, in the mole holes, i could find. need some rain, so the ground gets soft. i want to hit the bottom tunnel, not the top. there is a tunnel, that runs about a foot deeper. thats the one i want to hit. the ground is too hard. i dont want to light it up.

i forget what gas is heavier than propane, or is heavy. i'll look it up. it might be CO2, or nitrogen.

some peroxide in a tunnel, could make an explosion bigger, if ya wanted to go that way. i dont know if i want to. still got some trees standing, i dont want to see fall over. i cant cut up the wood as yet, or have a place to store the wood. hate to see the wood go to waste.

My brother in-law years ago made a mole trap that held a 12ga shotgun shell in a steel tube pointing down and like many mole traps it had a triggering device that was tripped by the mole and then BOOM!!!  Needless to say not much left of the mole and the trap usually went straight up about 20 feet 🤣 he loved that thing but it scared the 💩 out of my sister every time it went off so it just sits in his barn now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 01RUBY500 said:

I’m waiting for a answer back to see if it is still around. 

thanks .... I'd sure like see that gizzm in action ... if he could rig something up for armadillos .... i might just jump on it ... there getting bad around here now.... my guess would be because of all the low land flooding ... nailed this digger a while back .... 

image.jpg

Well; with the moles aggravating me over a few years, i dont thin, i can stand less then an explosion of some sorts. 

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

thanks .... I'd sure like see that gizzm in action ... if he could rig something up for armadillos .... i might just jump on it ... there getting bad around here now.... my guess would be because of all the low land flooding ... nailed this digger a while back .... 

image.jpg

Dry shrimp on steroids, or rads., can ya use them for fertilizer when they are ground up? 🤨

Edited by LedFTed

On 10/5/2020 at 12:24 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

not sure what your getting at there Ted -------

just looking at the armadillos, it sort of resembles a dried shrimp. rads are radiation, too many x-rays, gamma rays, etc. cant explain it anymore.

it dont look like an armadillo. too pale. i dont know enough about them, an hope i dont have too. 🙂

Ah..... i gotcha .... lol, and no .. you don't want these around.... very destructive to farm land ..... and they don't really make a dent in the fire ant population... 

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Ah..... i gotcha .... lol, and no .. you don't want these around.... very destructive to farm land ..... and they don't really make a dent in the fire ant population... 

havent had the fire-ant problem as yet, nor the bees from south america... just some mound ants. i'm working on that. moles are a different subject. a couple of good rains, will allow access, to get to the lower tunnels. i had to micky/mouse, 

my moms house, a double wide modular home, [two trailers side by side], in the long run., i put steel wool in the corner's., an a slat of metal 1/4"x 2.7/8" inches all the way around the modular house. 1st time a micky got, in this house, been a while,  was this year,. some of the steel wool, in the corner fell out, north east side of the house.

The fire ants didn't show up here until that massive flood in 2011.  Same with wild hogs.

Dillas have been around for a long time.  They love to root up your yard looking for grubs.

• Like 1

that's about when it happened here .... for fire ants,and wild hogs...  dillas shows up in the last 5 years ... and have been getting steadily worse ... I've never come across a wild hog... never even heard many farmers speek about them,  but north of me springhill farm land is eat up with them, why they havent migrated down this way is strange ....  but thank goodness.. they have wild hog hunts here to keep them under control.. dillas have caused so much damage , and car wrecks .. it's just mind boggling... and you not want them on your land .... for me it's a kos deal... strange enough... the carcass is mostly avoided by turkey buzzards ... 

On 10/4/2020 at 11:07 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

image.jpg

is that, in front, a snout, looks to be 12" long? i got a groundhog problem, on occasion, then a mole problem. the moles are worst. least i aint got fire ants, yet, or those bees from south america.

was a storm, where the mosquitoes, from another state landed in ky., must have traveled on the jet stream, they, the skeeters, were here for a few years. there should be a bounty on wild hogs, yotes, dillas, an such, maybe congress people? just kidding about congress.

we dont need varmints though, an should stop this before it begins. do dillas serve any useful function? if not, lets x them out.

We got a bounty on nutrias down here , it was $5 a tail , they dig holes in the leeves ----

I am all in for a bounty on armadillas , a 'dilla just cost me $800+ and still costing me and almost cost me $2,500 - $4,000 ---story goes , my dog was across the street , so I hollowed to her to get her butt over here , she was running across the front lawn full speed and tripped in a armadillo hole , she yiped and started holding up that back leg , she wouldn't walk on it , so I took her to the vet and Dr.Buddy asked if my dog played football , I'm like NO , he said she tore her ACL a football injury  , operation was any where from $2,500-$4,000 , well he done laser and steroid treatments to burn the ACL , started every 2 days at $80 a pop , then once a week and now it is one a month , she is walking on it now ---- I hated 'dillas before this happened , I'd have to shot about 160 of them at $5 a tail to break even , LOL 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

We got a bounty on nutrias down here , it was $5 a tail , they dig holes in the leeves ----

I am all in for a bounty on armadillas , a 'dilla just cost me $800+ and still costing me and almost cost me $2,500 - $4,000 ---story goes , my dog was across the street , so I hollowed to her to get her butt over here , she was running across the front lawn full speed and tripped in a armadillo hole , she yiped and started holding up that back leg , she wouldn't walk on it , so I took her to the vet and Dr.Buddy asked if my dog played football , I'm like NO , he said she tore her ACL a football injury  , operation was any where from $2,500-$4,000 , well he done laser and steroid treatments to burn the ACL , started every 2 days at $80 a pop , then once a week and now it is one a month , she is walking on it now ---- I hated 'dillas before this happened , I'd have to shot about 160 of them at $5 a tail to break even , LOL 

maybe ya need a bounty on vet's?,. the price seems so high. unless the laser cap really grows hair, only $800.oo.,

i dont put much stock in laser surgery. as a proper laser, cuts., smoking.

nutrias, i have to look that up. got any pythons from florida yet? i figure they might travel, sooner or later Highway 10.

perhaps picked up in a funnel, just deposited on home ground.

Edited by LedFTed

1 minute ago, LedFTed said:

maybe ya need a bounty on vet's?,. the price seems so high.

My buddies are brutal , he asked how much you paid for that dog , I said $600 , he says " I'd put the dog down and get a new one " ----that dog is family , already spent over $3,000 on her when she ate the penny and got zinc poisoning 

IFMEqKLzRG28RkdG7K+09Q.jpg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

My buddies are brutal , he asked how much you paid for that dog , I said $600 , he says " I'd put the dog down and get a new one " ----that dog is family , already spent over $3,000 on her when she ate the penny and got zinc poisoning 

IFMEqKLzRG28RkdG7K+09Q.jpg

the picture says it all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LedFTed said:

is that, in front, a snout, looks to be 12" long? i got a groundhog problem, on occasion, then a mole problem. the moles are worst. least i aint got fire ants, yet, or those bees from south america.

no ... the tail might have been 14 inches ... i never took the time measure the nose, they're known for having leprosy... this pic would give an idea ... I'd say ... dillas are much worse then groundhogs ... they graze ... dillas  root... up in many places ... while groundhogs usually just have have one burrow ... 

image.jpg

the picture i seen ^^^ is misleading. posted at 11:07 sunday. groundhogs aint no picnic, horses are known to break a leg. when they step into a groundhog hole., and have to be put down.

got my horses in 2008, i care about them alot. more than most people. they are also my family.

i know very well when the pic was posted .... (im the one who shot, and posted the pic) wth does that have to do with this ? lol! and no  it's not misleading ... cause that's a real sure fire dilla.. i know .. this one makes 4 plus I've killed in the last 5 years .. never heard of any animals ending up hurt ...from stepping in a ground hog hole, because they don't burrow ... in open fields .. .. mostly in tree and fence lines ... dillas will burrow right on flat open pasture, so I'd say you have dillas up there. 

26 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i know very well when the pic was posted .... (im the one who shot, and posted the pic) wth does that have to do with this ? lol! and no  it's not misleading ... cause that's a real sure fire dilla.. i know .. this one makes 4 plus I've killed in the last 5 years .. never heard of any animals ending up hurt ...from stepping in a ground hog hole, because they don't burrow ... in open fields .. .. mostly in tree and fence lines ... dillas will burrow right on flat open pasture, so I'd say you have dillas up there. 

i cant make out that picture. an no, we got ground hogs up here, they dig large tunnels, for rodents. plus they got fur., instead of armor. kinda look like a prairie dog, when standing up. the only way the picture ya took is misleading, is it looks different to me than other pictures i seen of armadillo's, i aint no expert on those varmints, just never seen a white armadillo all shot up. come to think of it i never seen any shot up. Oh Well !! it is what it is.

Edited by LedFTed

well... it looks fine to me.... (same as the others ive shot) cause that's a Dilla thanks for using my quote (it is what it is) ... lol .. i brought that saying here ... 1st used in chat, glad it took off... lol! groundhogs are fat... with a darker fur color..then prairie dogs . I've never seen a prairie dog ... because we don't have those around here .... plus they live in family units.