LedFTed

moles or exploding trees

i don't know Ted, i just know that sucker was headed for china ... lol! i never saw so much dirt flying in all my life... it's color might have been because i took the pic latter the next morning... glad you brought the color up, because i never thought of it, and it didnt rain, so it still had some clay residue. 

12 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

i thought armadillos had a lot of color to them, like the one posted Posted Saturday at 07:38 AM. never seen a picture of a whitish dilla.

I know there are at least two sub speices of armadillos , 7 and 9 banded 

here some wikipedia armadillo info , some get 120 pounds >>> WOW 

Armadillos meaning "little armoured ones" in Spanish are New World placental mammals in the order Cingulata. The Chlamyphoridae and Dasypodidae are the only surviving families in the order, which is part of the superorder Xenarthra, along with the anteaters and sloths. Nine extinct genera and 21 extant species of armadillo have been described, some of which are distinguished by the number of bands on their armour. All species are native to the Americas, where they inhabit a variety of different environments.

Armadillos are characterized by a leathery armour shell and long sharp claws for digging. They have short legs, but can move quite quickly. The average length of an armadillo is about 75 cm (30 in), including tail. The giant armadillo grows up to 150 cm (59 in) and weighs up to 54 kg (119 lb), while the pink fairy armadillo has a length of only 13–15 cm (5–6 in). When threatened by a predator, Tolypeutes species frequently roll up into a ball (these being the only species of Armadillo capable of such).

• Like 2

wow! 190 lbs .... this was a baby compaired to 50 lbs ... by the weight of the shovel i carried it off with .. I'd guess 15-25 lbs ... give, or take ...

Edited by _Wilson_™

You would need a 30.06 to take down one of them  giant armadillos , I would hate to see the holes that one could dig ---- LOL 

• Like 1

the size hole one of those monsters could make ... would be a small sink hole around here .... now you have me worried about my cave fed spring branch... lol 

Fish, you scare me. maybe they wont, the dillas, make it over the Tenn., boarder, but, i like to watch some fantasy, just not experience it.

Gotta Mark the years, for they get here.

aint no easy digging, on these rocky hills, somehow, i think, it wont stop them.

if i bought a 270, ya think that would knock them off?

PS, i finally found the leftover sparkler's, i want a good reach, for i light up a mole hole. i hope to get it on film of some sorts.

my niece, got to see me ride the steps, down to the basement. she were laughing so hard, she forgot to film it.

if you want to try this, [i was doing it in slow motion], all ya got to do, is sit at the top of the stairs, hold your legs stiff, lean forward, an ride down to the bottom.. sometimes it beats taking a step at a time, if ya learn how to do this, garenteed, its much faster, if ya dont, whats another tumble. 😁

Edited by LedFTed
just because i do

oh man.....wander what the meat taste like ... i don't think i could ether.  

ted i sure hope y'all never have to deal with them.. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I heard they eat armadillo in Texas , not me ! 

Possum on the half shell.

When you shoot them, those buggers usually jump about 3-4 feet straight up.

I've always wanted to go out west prairie dog shooting.  You can shoot 1000 rounds in a day at those buggers.  It's like whack a mole with a rifle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

yeah, they jump,,, they have caused many car wrecks here ... i lost a good friend who owned / ran a local machine shop in columbia due to one these ... he, and his wife were heaed to church, and hit one... i ended finding out a Dilla caused there truck to cross lanes and strike another car head on...in there case ... it was from the power steering failure. 

the animal could bounce up into the undercarriage, slicing fuel lines and causing other mayhem to the car. The best plan of action, of course, is to avoid armadillos when possible.[/quite]

i dropped some propane in a mole tunnel. tried to light it, nothing happened. the propane tank was outside, an the only thing i can think of, the propane was too cold. by the time i got a sparkler lit, the propane had done sunk down. i used hydrogen peroxide, as a catylist the 1st time. that didnt work. the 2nd without, that didnt work neither.

another thought crossed my mind, why not use bleach. it dont cost much, killed a groundhog best i think.

i dont have a co2 tank anymore, but theirs enough running vehicles, around here to run some exhaust down a varmint hole. 

• Like 1

Welp. i had a groundhog, a year or so ago. i put bleach in a paint tray at one side of the tunnel. i was going to put ammonia on the other side, of the tunnel system but my nephew talked me out on it.

anyway the bleach was enough, that rascal died from bleach fumes.

had a sister-in-law, that would clean with bleach an ammonia. it didnt affect her., she was already affected before she was my sis-in-law i guess.

dont bleach an ammonia make chlorine gas? i cant remember my chemistry at the moment.

yes, thank goodness your nephew knew, i think you've asked this question before in mybb, and in the old forums, i believe it states on the bleech container warning lable ? do not mix with other house hold cleaners >>> including those containing ammonia. 

In the beginning, the bleach decomposes to form hydrochloric acid (HCl). Then, the hydrochloric acid that has formed will react with sodium hypochlorite to release harmful chlorine vapors. Now, gaseous chlorine reacts with the ammonia (present in another cleaning product) to form chloramine vapors.