Gahee2424

Trx 300ex no spark just cranking

Some people have no personal experience themselves on subjects to speak of ,  but like to give advice from what other have said , it's  kind of like  " Second Hand Information ", not to be confused with "Lip Service "  , so take what you read with a grain of salt , just saying  

4 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Some people have no personal experience themselves on subjects to speak of ,  but like to give advice from what other have said , it's  kind of like  " Second Hand Information ", not to be confused with "Lip Service "  , so take what you read with a grain of salt , just saying  

Hey hey hey... 😂 I have one terrible personal experience with Rick's and a few others from my sport buddies. Grain of salt with everything but we aren't on "I heard it on the internets" level of experience here lol 

OEM or Rick's from a non-performance perspective? OEM all day

Don't need any grains on that statement

26 minutes ago, shadetree said:

buy this --> https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/30410-HM3-003?ref=ef5e6cfe2cea765282e249fa256711c96b97f705 , i checked rmatv, they did not have a c.d.i. in stock.

You trying to break the man Shade? He probably spent that on the whole bike lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-TRX300-EX-ATV-OEM-CDI-BOX-G1220/333685402452 $35

From the listing...

"THIS IS A GOOD USED OEM CDI READY TO GO"

Edited by oh400ex

Lots of people were burned with faux Rick's CDIs  , the Chinese went wild duplicating them on the net , Rick's CDIs are made in  Argentina and not sold on the net except thru Rick's  ---- OH400EX  ---  I would bet you got scammed with a WingHo , the plugs  were not the right color on some fakes 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Lots of people were burned with faux Rick's CDIs  , the Chinese went wild duplicating them on the net , Rick's CDIs are made in  Argentina and not sold on the net except thru Rick's  ---- OH400EX  ---  I would bet you got scammed with a WingHo , the plugs  were not the right color on some fakes 

I would love to know. It does say made in Argentina on it but maybe not...

That would explain my bad experience but I am not chasing performance so OEM either way for me.

Slammed (to my understanding) got one that was bad directly from Rick's. He said they fixed him up with a refund though.

It is certainly possible that I have a fake and attributed the experience to a fake product.

I'm thinking about buying the kit for the coil and just get another cdi box from the link on ebay not sure about the spark I know I have 2 spark plug already 

Capture+_2020-10-08-11-01-03.png

Screenshot_20201008-104559.png

16021695164792396276148384912951.jpg

16021696174541882221550218290303.jpg

16021696539785525385078680440388.jpg

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

He said they fixed him up with a refund though.

i believe that's right ... good memory! i personaly .... saw some so called (ricks cdi units) at little Johnny's , and he would always advise .... go to oem.... i wanted to switch ... he said unless it's a build bbk .... there be no real deference in power ... being mines a stock 00 300. 

42 minutes ago, Gahee2424 said:

I'm thinking about buying the kit for the coil and just get another cdi box from the link on ebay not sure about the spark I know I have 2 spark plug already 

Out there working barefoot in the dirt lol. I do it too 😂

Get an NGK plug for your bike. Only thing that should go in your machine.

Keep it cheap and go OEM used for everything else. Get OEM coil too if needed.

Resist the urge to get a "New" coil kit from an off-brand. You want to ride it right? lol

If you can't go OEM used go with DB Electrical. I have had great experiences so far with that company.

OEM Coil - $15 | https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Honda-TRX300EX-OEM-Ignition-Coil-30510-GR2-405/313227718334

OEM CDI - $35 | https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-TRX300-EX-ATV-OEM-CDI-BOX-G1220/333685402452

NGK plug is all you need there. They are available in many places.

On 10/8/2020 at 9:21 AM, oh400ex said:

Hey hey hey... 😂 I have one terrible personal experience with Rick's and a few others from my sport buddies. Grain of salt with everything but we aren't on "I heard it on the internets" level of experience here lol 

OEM or Rick's from a non-performance perspective? OEM all day

Don't need any grains on that statement

You trying to break the man Shade? He probably spent that on the whole bike lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-TRX300-EX-ATV-OEM-CDI-BOX-G1220/333685402452 $35

From the listing...

"THIS IS A GOOD USED OEM CDI READY TO GO"

no, not trying to break him, but i can tell you this !, when it comes to c.d.i.'s ?, unless they are discontinued ?, YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME BUY ANY USED C.D.I. REASON: electrical parts for the most part are non-refundable anywhere even new !!. so if i'm gonna risk it ?, i'll take my chances with a brand new c.d.i. from honda before i'll buy a used one off ebay.

• Like 1