SamUK

For sale..

93 - 00 (gen2 & Gen3) 300 fourtrax speedometer. Complete setup, ready to fit In good used condition. 

No idea what it's worth, highest bidder wins it, bidding starts at $30.

• Like 1

never have figured out why in the world some one on a atv would want to know how fast they are going ?, let me guess, so when they are all sitting around the camp fire at deer camp, one say's '' ha !..I was doing 40 mph when it hit that tree '' !, buddy speaks up, how do you know that '' ?, first guy says..well..the speedo said so '' !..lol.

I think some want to know how fast they can go top end for bragging rights , " my bike is faster than your " kind of thing !!!

------- my 450 w/34.5% reduction does 19mph with a strong wind from behind , never did clock the 300 w/54% 

Logs miles/km for service intervals for one thing, ATV’s road legal in some countries for another. Lots of trails here have posted speed limits. My best guess based on the fact that every new ATV sold comes with a speedometer now, and have had them for some time now, suggests to me that you may be in the minority Shade.

Now as far as the 300’s go, the speedometer being somewhat uncommon, not a factory installed item but rather an option, there is some element of collectibility to it. I know I have  2 complete NOS kits and another used one. 

Sam is the speedo to fit a 2wd or 4wd. As you know the 2wd used a longer cable than the 4wd. 

I've seen these things bring some really good money so if you sell it cheap just make sure its someone that will use it. If they are just going to flip it then you might as well make the money.

• Like 1

I agree with Toodeep.  You also have a limited audience here till the site traffic picks up.  Might want to get a value from the guys here and then list it on bookface.  With a kid on the way you need to maximize what you get out of it.

6 hours ago, Mac102004 said:

Logs miles/km for service intervals for one thing, ATV’s road legal in some countries for another. Lots of trails here have posted speed limits. My best guess based on the fact that every new ATV sold comes with a speedometer now, and have had them for some time now, suggests to me that you may be in the minority Shade.

Now as far as the 300’s go, the speedometer being somewhat uncommon, not a factory installed item but rather an option, there is some element of collectibility to it. I know I have  2 complete NOS kits and another used one. 

Sam is the speedo to fit a 2wd or 4wd. As you know the 2wd used a longer cable than the 4wd. 

agree for the most part, but many years ago, no one ever thought about speeding through the woods to their deer stand !..lol.

• Haha 1

I'd only snatch one up, if i was doing a custom project  like my 2000 (plumb eat up with hondline parts) 300, otherwise.... I'd pass

i too agree with Toodeep. 

@SamUK post some pics/details and let's see if we can give to a rough idea of what it might bring, both hoarder (some will understand that) and user prices.  If everything looks good and it might bring decent money you can start over  and we can hide this thread. I can link it to potential buyers and possibly new members on FB. 

I'm just trying to help you out but if you have someone here wanting it and will use it I prefer things be done that way. 

For those of you who remember, I kept trying to achieve a top speed of 55-60mph on my 300 like my last build. I've yet to accomplish that feat. So I can understand why someone may want to know how fast they are going. Many people use their phone with GPS now to track their speed. 

Wheeler , drop a 450 clutch basket and primary in your 300 , you might hit 70-75 , it should be a 14% overdrive 

Someone in the past did that on a 2x4. I can't remeber who though or what he got out of it for speed. He even had duals built for it. 

9 hours ago, toodeep said:

Someone in the past did that on a 2x4. I can't remeber who though or what he got out of it for speed. He even had duals built for it. 

That was GHOST on the HL forums. 

Thanks for the replies folks.. To be honest I listed it here because I know it's not a factory fitted item over your side of the water whereas here they all came stock with a speedometer.

I'd like it to be used for sure not just flipped but if there's any interest from regulars here we can work something out for sure. 

@Wheeler If you want it for your 300 build you can have it if you pay shipping. 

I'll take some photos tomorrow for you all and post them up 🙂

• Like 2

PM sent Sam.

@Fishfiles I did pick up a 450 basket from Dicks Cycles. Then once I figured out the timing was off & gained top end & power, I sold it to a local used parts salvage yard here locally. I'm fast enough.. lol

• Like 1