jeepwm69

We need to start hanging thieves again.

Went back to put my trailer up yesterday, and drag out the 07 500 Frame I'm going to start on next, and noticed my 29.5 Outlaws on Rubicon rims were gone.

I picked these up with the intention of building a 300 mud bike.  @SamUK has a GR and stretch he wasn't using anymore, and offered them, so I thought I would build something a little different.

I HATE thieves, and the worst part about it is, now I know a thief has been back there, and seen all my junk, so I can't help but wonder if they'll be back.

Pretty sure I know who it was too.  My neighbor behind me had a crew working back there trimming trees.  Dad talked to them and watched them work, and said the helper's name was Duran.

Duran used to work for one of my buddies.  Meth Head who stole and stole and stole from them while he was working on their farm.  He moved to a small community west of town and they ran him out of there because he was stealing batteries off of power units.

Now he's apparently working on a tree crew, who just happened to be working right behind my shop last week, and all of the sudden my Outlaws disappear.

I filed a police report.  I live in the city, scumbag lives out in the county, so think I'll call the sheriff too.  They know the guy well. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

I'm so sorry for y'all man...

I totally agree. If thieves weren't protected from their terrible decisions they might rethink their choices...

Move up here man. We don't have this kinda stuff on the level of down south... lots of forest and god-fearing people...

Meth does spread though no doubt about that. Pretty much under control where I am but used to be worse.

Sounds like you have some options. Stuff is stuff and you don't need anything that was taken.

That being said... you may need to talk to one of your old buddies who is of a trouble making variety but has done you well. (I know you have a few)

Ask him if he left his set of Outlaws at Duran's house? Maybe he left some more stuff that was his there too... no honor and all that

Edited by oh400ex

That is terrible ---- something comes to mind , 4 - 29.5s would stick out some in the back of a truck no matter how you layed them and I doubt they put them in a car , maybe a van , maybe a neighbor on the next street over has surveillance cameras and got a pick of a truck with tires in the back !! 

12 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

I'm so sorry for y'all man...

I totally agree. If thieves weren't protected from their terrible decisions they might rethink their choices...

Move up here man. We don't have this kinda stuff on the level of down south... lots of forest and god-fearing people...

Meth does spread though no doubt about that. Pretty much under control where I am but used to be worse.

Sounds like you have some options. Stuff is stuff and you don't need anything that was taken.

That being said... you may need to talk to one of your old buddies who is of a trouble making variety but has done you well. (I know you have a few)

Ask him if he left his set of Outlaws at Duran's house? Maybe he left some more stuff that was his there too... no honor and all that

Already done.  If I knew where Duran lived now I'd go get them myself.  He knows me, although I doubt he knew it was my place he stole from (not that it would have stopped him)

And I lived up there out around Farmington for 10 years.  Had my car broken into 3 different times, and lived next door to a Fayetteville cop!

I live in a town that's about 75% black folks.  In town we have 4-5 petty thieves walking around looking for targets of opportunity.  They'll take a bicycle, but won't mess with tools and such.  4 29.5 outlaws is not a target of opportunity.  Too big to grab and carry.

Out in the county it's about 75% white folks.  The meth heads are a lot more brazen about what they'll steal.  Vehicles, implements, even an entire shed (cypress shed disappeared off a buddy's place, ! crackheads tore it down for the wood and hauled it off).  They'll bring power tools and cut locks off of containers to clean them out.

Calling the sheriff now.  Going to see if he knows where Duran lives and will pay him a visit. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

That is terrible ---- something comes to mind , 4 - 29.5s would stick out some in the back of a truck no matter how you layed them and I doubt they put them in a car , maybe a van , maybe a neighbor on the next street over has surveillance cameras and got a pick of a truck with tires in the back !! 

They had a bobcat back there, big truck and trailer, and they were working after dark.  My guess is they loaded them up while they were "working" back there.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Well the sheriff's office was no help.  They said since I live in town, the city police will have to handle it.😡

• Like 2

4 -29.5s would lay down nicely , one on top the other , in a mid-size Bobcat bucket  ---- I would talk to a couple of neighbors with cameras , looking for that truck/trailer/Bobcat  might be easier than a random truck 

Well the only neighbor I know of who has cameras is on the other end of the street (opposite the way the crew left).

I figure unless I can find out where Duran lives and make a visit myself, they're gone.  He might have already sold them off for drug money.

• Like 1

i can sure relate there jeep.... we had a loaded semi of corn stolen... but the dummies didnt get far because they had no on how shift a 15 speed, (ran off into a hay field) had two hay spears stolen .. one is a quick hitch (which i tracked down) a cub farmall which was chopped up with a torch, a real out of a new Holland hay bine.... a few years back.... baker equiptment had a loaded semi (with two fold out disk) stolen.... the truck.. was located on a  bridge 40 miles away ... with the disk torched up.. (few remains) and the drop deck gone. (never recovered) 

In certain states are u allowed too shoot someone stealing? I’ve heard u were allowed, but no idea if it’s fact or fiction. 

here in Alberta they passed a law for rural home owners. The police take so long to respond as our province is so large that people were taking matters into their own hands. I don’t believe they can be charged anymore if they “protect” their personal property from would be thieves. This law was implemented because a homeowner in the county shot a guy trying to steal his truck & feared for the safety of his family. They guy who got shot charges him. Got thrown outta court & the new law was enacted. 

• Like 2

Yeah, Duran stole a whole grain buggy full of seed soybeans from the farmer who employed him and housed him.  He's a real POS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wheeler said:

In certain states are u allowed too shoot someone stealing? I’ve heard u were allowed, but no idea if it’s fact or fiction. 

here in Alberta they passed a law for rural home owners. The police take so long to respond as our province is so large that people were taking matters into their own hands. I don’t believe they can be charged anymore if they “protect” their personal property from would be thieves. This law was implemented because a homeowner in the county shot a guy trying to steal his truck & feared for the safety of his family. They guy who got shot charges him. Got thrown outta court & the new law was enacted. 

Well down here in the wild gun-toting America, you can't shoot them unless you "fear for your life". 

They have done away with the "duty to retreat" garbage at least, but down here you can't shoot someone unless you feel like your life is threatened.  That's why crime is out of control; little to no consequences.

• Like 3

man alive! if that was seed beans ... not telling what the farmer lost money wise.

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Just now, _Wilson_™ said:

man alive! if that was seed beans ... not telling what the farmer lost money was! 

Yep.  Those are $$$$

• Like 2

Just now, _Wilson_™ said:

sure looks like that sucker has done his research ....not many people know how much seed grain is worth...  

I'm guessing he knew how much Outlaws cost too. 

Sure it's not on the same level as seed beans, but a whole lot easier to sell.

• Like 2

Reading this sucks. I feel your pain. Not sure if u seen my thread about the $200 worth of hi test gas that the thieves stole outta the box of my truck couple months ago. Just the feeling of invasion makes a guy nuts. & the posts I’ve seen of guys having quads & trailers stolen, trucks broken into in the bush. I would put a dime to a dollar this stupid COVID crap has put crime rates up!!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Dark grey leaning to fiction. If they are in your house? Yes. Property? No.

You will likely get arrested either way and be defending yourself in court. 

If that person was carrying a deadly weapon... like Jeep said it really comes down to being in fear of your own life.

Really hard to say how every individual situation should be handled. People forfeit their right to live when they take from others...

I know it might be easier to not but can you call the dealers? Not sure how small town but you likely know who he would trade it to.

"Those tires have been reported... I'll come by and pick them up and this all goes away. Just set them by the road. Get it back from Duran"

Just a thought...

yup^^ most farmers cringe at the price of seed bean/ corn / etc nowa days.... last seed corn we purchased (if i recall right) over $100 a bag... 

i thought is was defrent if you.... you had someone raiding your house ? but anyways .... that doesn't make any defrence ... people already have the idea if some one is breaking in.... it's your  choice.... I'm not saying that's the law, but that's just what it's come down to for personal protection. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

Dark grey leaning to fiction. If they are in your house? Yes. Property? No.

You will likely get arrested either way and be defending yourself in court. 

If that person was carrying a deadly weapon... like Jeep said it really comes down to being in fear of your own life.

Really hard to say how every individual situation should be handled. People forfeit their right to live when they take from others...

I know it might be easier to not but can you call the dealers? Not sure how small town but you likely know who he would trade it to.

"Those tires have been reported... I'll come by and pick them up and this all goes away. Just set them by the road. Get it back from Duran"

Just a thought...

Wheeler's up in Canada.  They might have slightly different laws up there on dealing with criminals.

And he'll sell them to other other tweakers who have 4wheelers.  No where around here to sell them or trade them.(as far as businesses)

Been texting the PA in town.  He said not much they can do without a warrant.  They can call Duran in and question him, but as soon as they do that those tires will be gone.

Sounds like I'm screwed.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Wheeler's up in Canada.  They might have slightly different laws up there on dealing with criminals.

And he'll sell them to other other tweakers who have 4wheelers.  No where around here to sell them or trade them.(as far as businesses)

Been texting the PA in town.  He said not much they can do without a warrant.  They can call Duran in and question him, but as soon as they do that those tires will be gone.

Sounds like I'm screwed.

Just attempting to clarify the differences between CA/US with wheeler.

I didn't mean dealer as in business sorry... meant as in the person he gets drugs from. I would have assumed he would trade to the local guy.

If you get pictures of your property on someone else's property and come lay in on their desk they got their warrant that afternoon... 

What stage is acceptance again? Sounds like you are there even though you still want em back. That's good for your health

Ask Duran to bring them back? Hail Mary pass but might be worth a shot...

Edited by oh400ex

Ah, gotcha.  I think he IS the dealer. 

My buddy that Duran used to work for said "Go buy a bunch of Sudafed and see if he'll trade"

Wish I knew where he lived.  I guess I could try to scope it out with binocs...or a scope.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oh400ex said:

Ask Duran to bring them back? Hail Mary pass but might be worth a shot...

the cure for him (being a career theft) beat the h--l out of him... stick him a sack... and dump him in the woods ..

you reckon your pop will up his patrol time ... 

• Like 1