jeepwm69

We need to start hanging thieves again.

4 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

My buddy that Duran used to work for said "Go buy a bunch of Sudafed and see if he'll trade"

Oh man. That hurts.

Quick way to be on the wrong list lol

I hope you find out what you need to know. You can find out where he is...

Take a day to think about it... or not think about it rather. Go ride or have a few... enjoy this beautiful day!

A bit of time will help let the muck settle so you can see what the next move is.

Best wishes to you and yours!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

you reckon your pop will up his patrol time ... 

He's actually had his aortic valve replaced this week, so he was in LR in the hospital at the time.

He was out walking the dog last night, so no downtime for him!

With the tree people being back there, they weren't "not supposed to be there" for any of us to "catch".  Therein lies the problem.

Of course, cameras would have been good to have.  Going to do some research there when I get caught up at work.

• Thanks 1

Been calling around seeing if anyone knows where he lives.

Buddy of mine who has a used big truck dealership said Duran came by Tuesday asking for Alumabright to use on some 4 wheeler wheels.......😡

• Like 4

Jeep

Sorry to hear this, I hate thieves and I like you, always wonder what else have they looked at etc...

I try to keep most of my stuff in one of those shelter-logic tents or under a tarp positioned so you cant see anything from the road

Seems like when listing an ATV on Craigslist I get a lot of " I want to buy it, what your address?" 

So you send it and they flake out and you never hear from them again or wont answer...

Then I have to wonder about every car driving by house s-l-o-w-l-y later that night...until it sells

Once I thought about sticking an old junky iphone on silent mode up under the airbox or similar atrea of an old wheeler and stick it up by the road,

wait till it gets snatched and then use the find my iphone app to go do a little recon see where it ended up and report it (or similar) -lol

Even better,  just take the wheeler back and put right back at top of driveway with a "try again" sign haha

-Hope you get to the bottom of it either way

• Like 1

Yeah, my stuff was back in the very back of my yard, and most of it is behind my shop and my kids' trampoline, out of sight from the street, so haven't had a problem...until now.

• Like 1

Some more calls, got this message about the boss tree cutter....

Zach got busted last year for buying a stolen golf cart. All his helpers are meth heads. That’s how he pays them. He’s just as crooked as Duran
Just let him know you know Duran got them and the cops won’t be involved if you get them back

I talked to the cop who took the report last night.  He said they were going to get a sheriff and go out and question Duran late this afternoon.

I feel like if I call the boss, since he's shady as ! too, that will just tip them off that they are suspects, and they'll hide/ditch the tires. 

A bluff might work, or he might know I'm bluffing and get rid of them before the cops show up.

So I guess I'm going to see what the cops find out, if anything.

And I have no idea why the text is showing up like this, but it's very annoying.

• Like 2

He's actually had his aortic valve replaced this week, so he was in LR in the hospital at the time.

He was out walking the dog last night, so no downtime for him!

glad to hear he's doing well.... and up on his feet...... 

4 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Been calling around seeing if anyone knows where he lives.

Buddy of mine who has a used big truck dealership said Duran came by Tuesday asking for Alumabright to use on some 4 wheeler wheels.......😡

sounds like you might be closing in.... might try ang get your friend to get Duran  to bring the wheels in...and offer to purchase them... that would be a nice setup... maybe even get a pic, of his vehicle, or tag ... ten to one... he has no quad for them to go on... people like Duran ... would steal there own mothers money to purchase that meth mess.... 

Once I thought about sticking an old junky iphone on silent mode up under the airbox or similar atrea of an old wheeler and stick it up by the road,

wait till it gets snatched and then use the find my iphone app to go do a little recon see where it ended up and report it (or similar) -lol

akatv... nice! 

li like this idea ^^^^ 

i dont worry about thieves around me, as long as i can watch my camera's when i leave the house ?, i'm golden. nothing, and no one..will step foot on my land without me seeing them in sec's !..lol.

• Like 2

out in the country here ... we don't worry about too much each of my  neighbors .. are armed like me ... lol.... heck, as of lately ... i only know of one family who doesn't believe in staying armed ... but, you couldnt pay me to live in the  city...  i have camras from my neighbors .. ken .... Dave, derik.... veiws of all sides except the east side... plus my audio transmitter setup.... one out front ... one in the shop, one on the east side.... it works for now.... no one can come  close without me hearing them. 

Sorry for the trouble Jeep.  I would recommend a game camera if nothing else.  Cheap and programmable.  Get up and running in 10 min

• Like 2

god that's maddening!

I try to keep things locked up around here, but I know a determined theif will tear stuff up to steal...trail cams have been the worst of it..but I always worry about the ATVs, lawn gear etc too.

my audio concert trailers are all padlocked and wheel chock locked and if we are out of town, I'll park the work van across the drive so that they wouldn't be able to haul a trailer away even if they did cut all the locks.

we have security cameras well posted and the property indicates that we have video surveilance.. I think that's helped...for the 17years we've lived here I've also ran my concert biz from this property..the warehouse is next to my house...easily $200k in gear sitting in there at any point in time.

even with dogs we've had 3 attempts to gain entry..pry bar the warehouse door, window break and one guy even got up under the house and cut the wire to the security panel..we thought the panel had just died..but the tech found the wires cut...which we then realized why we had come home one night just a couple days earlier with the neighbors in their car down in our driveway concerned about a robbery..the dog was out front looking at the house and wouldn't stop barking... I swept the house, but never thought about the guy being under the house in the crawl space.

anyway...sorry for the theft you've had.. I'm down about $600 in trail cams right now..and with hunting season about to get in swing, there will be boys that know they are tresspassing and if they notice a cam that may have caught them, they'll destroy/steal the cam.

was just at the trash dump this morning..talking with one of the guys i know there..he had his old Recon on the trailer behind his pickup..getting ready to head down to the hunt club land after he gets off work..he was talking about having one of his quads stolen...man!!

Went by the sheriff's dept this morning.  The dispatcher is the step-daughter of a friend I used to work with, and I asked if anyone had gone out to Duran's house yesterday.  She said she didn't know, because the prior shift would have handled that, but that she'd find out.

Talked to one of the deputies, and turns out he has a Grizzly and wants bigger tires, so he's going to borrow my 28" Mudbugs and see if his machine will turn them ok.  I told him they weren't for sale, but that he could try them and see if he likes them before he buys new tires.

He was going out to serve some people and the dispatcher told him a couple of known acquaintances of Duran's to check out, and they said they would follow up on Duran. 

They were all surprised he was out of jail.  Apparently he was locked up until fairly recently.

That's the frustrating part.  If everyone in town knows the guy is stealing, and the cops know them THAT well, why are they on the streets?  The court system here is a joke.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Went by the sheriff's dept this morning.  The dispatcher is the step-daughter of a friend I used to work with, and I asked if anyone had gone out to Duran's house yesterday.  She said she didn't know, because the prior shift would have handled that, but that she'd find out.

Talked to one of the deputies, and turns out he has a Grizzly and wants bigger tires, so he's going to borrow my 28" Mudbugs and see if his machine will turn them ok.  I told him they weren't for sale, but that he could try them and see if he likes them before he buys new tires.

He was going out to serve some people and the dispatcher told him a couple of known acquaintances of Duran's to check out, and they said they would follow up on Duran. 

They were all surprised he was out of jail.  Apparently he was locked up until fairly recently.

That's the frustrating part.  If everyone in town knows the guy is stealing, and the cops know them THAT well, why are they on the streets?  The court system here is a joke.

simple: unless they are coming for you ?..they don't care !...lol.

DNR officers do not need a search warrant to inspect anyone's property.... in case you might know one of them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

looks like he's got the spot light on him again... good deal! 

Bite your tongue and wait it out, he'll screw himself over eventually buddy. For starters he's a meth head so he's already killing himself, secondly he'll keep on thieving to find his drug addiction but eventually he'll thieve off the wrong person and end up getting shot or seriously injured!

• Like 2

SamUk , we call that Karma down here =  what goes around comes around or every thing that you do will come back to you !!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

SamUk , we call that Karma down here =  what goes around comes around or every thing that you do will come back to you !!! 

Yep we call it the same here too, he'll get what's deserved eventually

• Like 1

In the days of the old west , if you stole a man's horse you were hung by the neck till dead  ----  now days , if you did get caught , which is highly unlikely , you would get out of jail without bail and nothing ever done to you ----  something is wrong with that  ---- I am all for the death penalty  , for murder , rape , armed robbery , arson , corrupt politicians and something you see so much of today treason 

• Like 2

Yesterday in Jonesboro AR, the Rincon riding guy who rides with us....his wife pulled into the mall to go into Target.

Three guys pulled up next to her in a hurry, and before she knew what was happening one of them was in her passenger seat.  She moved quickly enough to get her gun out of her purse, and asked him politely to remove himself from her vehicle (not really, she screamed and cussed him out) and they fled. 

A woman who saw what happened followed them, and had called the cops, and they caught up to them a bit down the road.  Cops caught two of them, but didn't catch the one who had actually jumped into her Suburban.  The two they did catch were out on parole.

Jonesboro is where everyone local has started going to shop because Memphis and Little Rock are so dangerous.  Apparently the criminals figured that out.

• Like 3

once the word gets out... (in your area) things change ... how many other people have to suffer before ... theirs an end ? we had many items stolen ... because our farms and equitment were  spread over a large area... (you cant watch everything all the time) and don't think for a min these type people don't do their research... when scoping out people to hit, just like what happeneD to jeep, according to this thread, that scum bag had been doing this criminal activity for a while.