oh400ex

Wide trail riding | oh400ex

Hello everyone!

I recently got out the GoPro and took off for some wide trail riding on the 2000 400ex.

The bike is stock engine but modified jetting and exhaust. I am riding fast but not racing or anything... just having some fun.

The front comes up many times throughout the ride as I just find that fun lol

For context, at some points when I am going faster it would be +60mph (at around 2 minutes) and check out around 5 minutes in where I go down a really rough hill at speed.

This shows the real difference between sport and utility suspension because if I tried that on a utility I would have ended up in the ditch.

Thank you for watching!

~ 6 minutes

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 3

First thought , you were speeding up the video , second thought , I started an accident thread and hope not to see you soon in it , LOL 

• Haha 1

Just now, Fishfiles said:

First thought , you were speeding up the video , second thought , I started an accident thread and hope not to see you soon in it , LOL 

As you can likely tell... I may have ridden here a time or two lol

This is my back-of-the-hand trails. Always wear a helmet when riding fast.

• Like 1

Yea , I will stick to mud and water and going a whole lot slower , use to ride like that on dirt bikes , a few trips to the ER and hospital broke me of that 

that is a long well maintained , trail , private or public ?? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Yea , I will stick to mud and water and going a whole lot slower , use to ride like that on dirt bikes , a few trips to the ER and hospital broke me of that 

that is a long well maintained , trail , private or public ?? 

I hear ya. Hitting the ground or even just falling over really is no fun. Broke my first bone on a Razor scooter lol 

If you come up here I could show you... otherwise I'll just have to keep to my chest lol

Let's just say that riding on public backroads (that most would consider trails) is a grey area here...

The community use ATVs and SXS like cars. It is just how people do things here because it is rural.

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1

I think I threw up in my mouth a little trying to watch that.

Too fast for my old redneck butt!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I think I threw up in my mouth a little trying to watch that.

Too fast for my old redneck butt!

Hey everyone can ride their own pace. Nothing wrong with doing what you like! Take it however fast or slow makes you smile the biggest!

I say just be safe whatever you are doing. This kind of riding comes with years of practice on smaller machines and experience with this trail.

• Like 1

I was a speed demon in my youth.  I have really slow reaction times, so I do everything at turtle speed now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I was a speed demon in my youth.  I have really slow reaction times, so I do everything at turtle speed now.

My buddy who turned 71 the other day rode this 400 on his birthday.

He used to ride HD but never been on a sport quad and never owned a quad of any kind.

Told him some basics and asked him to be careful... remined him how bad hitting the ground hurts as he was getting ready to take off. 

He was only a drink or two in at this point so was not impaired but had some of that "liquid courage" going on.

Everything he did was textbook. Rode the way he wanted... goosed the throttle just enough for the back to come out a few times but mostly just enjoyed the low rev Harley-esc nostalgia for few minutes. Had a really good time and didn't do anything that I would consider dangerous. Great experience.

With reason and caution pretty much any age rider who is physically able to "mount-the-saddle" and has a bit of experience with a clutch can jump on a fast ATV and have a blast.

• Like 2

Why did I just watch this!!!!  

I’ve been eyeing up 400exs for a while. Watching that just got me going again! That looked like fun!!! But I have such an addictive personality, I’d want to build one liked slammed did!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wheeler said:

Why did I just watch this!!!!  

I’ve been eyeing up 400exs for a while. Watching that just got me going again! That looked like fun!!! But I have such an addictive personality, I’d want to build one liked slammed did!

When you think about flying down dirt trails @60mph , think about that shoulder of yours , that was just a band aid kind of injury , compared to what can happen ---  LOL  

• Like 4