F250 guy

Truck opinions.

Found two trucks. 

1st in Stuarts draft VA. 89 f250HD 351 5 speed 4x4 120,000 miles $2,000.00

2nd in Winchester VA 1986 f250 460 4 speed 4x4 118,000 miles $1,800.00 no rust just banged up farm truck. 

Personally the 89 to me looks better but that may be the paint job. Not much you can do with those instrument clusters. The 86, oh you can do a bunch. 

Real delima 460 or 351W, not towing but it'd be nice to have the extra torque. Plus I'd want something I can put gauges in. 

Hopefully going to look tomorrow

Screenshot_20201015-160720.png

Screenshot_20201011-130451.png

Screenshot_20201015-160809.png

Screenshot_20201011-130435.png

Screenshot_20201015-160821.png

Screenshot_20201014-031608.png

I’m not a Ford guy, but I’d got for the power. 460 it is for me!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

I’m not a Ford guy, but I’d got for the power. 460 it is for me!

Me man lol. Guy said it needed a u joint and break line but I'll replace all the u Joints and brake system. 

Edited by F250 guy
  • Like 1

Gauge choices until I found New Vintage USA made a gauge kit for the 87-97 Ford's. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Screenshot_20201016-184136.png

Edited by F250 guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TBRider said:

I love a standard shift truck, hope thats the 460....

They both are. The 86 sold. I'll let ya know if I get the 89.

are you asking about the filter element ?

so the extended cab is a 5 speed 460 CID, and the long wheel base .. is a 351 with a 4 speed ? does the emended cab have a straight front axle ? 

3 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

are you asking about the filter element ?

so the extended cab is a 5 speed 460 CID, and the long wheel base .. is a 351 with a 4 speed ? does the emended cab have a straight front axle ? 

I didn't ask on the air filter, yea the 86 sold. So going to look at the 89 tomorrow hopefully

Those are cheap. They would be over 3k here all day long. At those prices,  look them over good. I always buy with the intent to resell. Not that I will, but don't want to get upside down. There is always a reason someone sells a vehicle,  and it isn't the " I just never drive it anymore" reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Saving up for this 1990 F-350 guys asking 4 I'm thinking 3,800 cracked windshield. Not to far off from getting it if the Stemulas and extra money comes like they promise do I don't have to go into savings.

Screenshot_20201017-131335.png

Screenshot_20201017-131344.png

Screenshot_20201017-131352.png

Screenshot_20201017-131401.png

Screenshot_20201017-131409.png

Screenshot_20201017-131435.png

Screenshot_20201017-131446.png

• Like 1

90 F-350 , single rear wheels ,  4wd , standard , that's a nice combo , I am not a Ford guy any more , but I would own that one 

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

90 F-350 , single rear wheels ,  4wd , standard , that's a nice combo , I am not a Ford guy any more , but I would own that one 

That's the plan if the money and Stemulas doesn't come in a week see what I gotta do to get a loan.

that's what you call a fleet side one ton  isn't it  fish ? if you can get the fuel tank, and fill rite electric pump go for it ... that setup alone is worth $400 plus .. 

nope, no word of the tank in the add , but does have rear air bags for heavy loads ... so it might have a small air compressor ? I'd like to see the engine room... on this one. 

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that's what you call a fleet side one ton  isn't it  fish ? 

Something looks wrong on that truck to me , look at the rear rim / tire , it  is too far in compared to the front , like that rear end is for dual wheels , I know in that era Ford had 3 or 4 different rear end widths , I had a 90 450 SuperDuty and blew the rear end and finding  the one I need was hard , you got the standard width for single tires , the dually width  , the Cab and Chassis , the tow truck /ambulance package ----maybe it hust has the wrong rims on it , but it don't look right 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

was it listed in the add ? you could be right. .. 

The add says its an automatic tho.....lol

the add says auto and you can see the 5 speed shifter in a pic , think the ads are mixed up or a scam 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that's what you call a fleet side one ton  isn't it  fish ? if you can get the fuel tank, and fill rite electric pump go for it ... that setup alone is worth $400 plus .. 

I know what it's worth, if I couldn't get it and it'd be sold before the Stemulas comes, I gotta backup plan. 

Scour the west virginia countryside for a solid old Ford or CJ7. If to rusty well plan C build from scratch. 

i was talking about the fuel tank and fill rite pump... but the add mentions nothing about that being sold with the truck, it's just me, but i wouldn't depend on the goverment bail out check. 

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

the add says auto and you can see the 5 speed shifter in a pic , think the ads are mixed up or a scam 

yea.... scam is what popped into my head ... 

10 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i was talking about the fuel tank and fill rite pump... but the add mentions nothing about that being sold with the truck, it's just me, but i wouldn't depend on the goverment bail out check. 

yea.... scam is what popped into my head ... 

I'm still looking got 1,800 and wisely letting my unemployment build up on my card and saving anything I can get money wise. But still being open minded just not 2003 or up open minded.